Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

31: The One

“Merry Christmas, Oli” Iker whispered gently as he sat down on the side of the bed, placing a warm mug of hot chocolate onto the end table. It was late, it had just gotten past 9 in the morning, but Iker knew that Olivia liked to sleep in when she had the chance, something he didn’t want to disturb, She’d been irked with him when he had done on it on her birthday and he was determined to make their first Christmas as a couple a little more enjoyable than the first birthday that she had had. He wanted to start crafting memories that they could look back on fondly.

Olivia, who had been happily wrapped up in the quilt, stretched a little, her blue eyes blinking sleepily. “What time is it?” she mumbled, fluffing her pillow slightly.

“It’s eight minutes past nine” Iker noted “I thought you would like to lay in a little before Daniel and the others arrived” he added with a small smile.

“You thought right” Olivia commented, a slightly sleepy smile appearing on her lips. Iker returned it softly and moved to press a small kiss against her temple, earning a small giggle from the brunette. “You smell funny” she commented, trying to weasel out of his grasp.

“I just got back from a run” Iker commented “I haven’t showered” he added.

Olivia wrinkled her nose. “You know that that is gross right?” she commented, swatting him away from her.

Iker smirked. “Perhaps a little” he teased “But now we both have a reason to shower” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You have three bathrooms in the place” she commented “I don’t think we have to use the same one” she added.

“But think of all the water we could save” Iker protested playfully.

Olivia shook her head. “Go and get showered and dressed Iker. Danny and Lori will be here with the boys in just over an hour and we haven’t got time for that” she added, gently moving to roll out of the bed. Iker sighed. “But Oli…”

“You can wait” Olivia interjected, a slight smile on her face “Perhaps, I have a special Christmas present that involves, you and me as well as some wonderful lingerie that I was able to pick up without you noticing” she commented slyly.

Iker blinked a couple of times. “You did that?” he mumbled.

Olivia shrugged nonchalantly. “Perhaps, I did, perhaps I didn’t. You’ll have to wait and see won’t you?” she smirked before she stepped into the bathroom, closing the door before Iker had a chance to step over the threshold. The keeper glared at the closed door for a second before he shook his head, wondering just how he had managed to miss Olivia for five years.

~#~
“Look what your auntie bought for you, Jackson” Daniel smiled as he handed a neatly wrapped present to his older son, his dark eyes peeking up at his little sister. It was a little hard to fathom, he doubted he had ever seen Olivia more at home with a man than she was with Iker, and Daniel wasn’t quite sure how well it sat with him. He didn’t hate the goalkeeper, Iker was a nice man and had a good reputation around him, but it disconcerted him slightly. Olivia, to him at least, was still the same scared 16 year old that he had been put in charge of and he didn’t want to watch her get her heartbroken, something he had a feeling could happen. He knew that Iker wouldn’t do it on purpose, he had never seen a man who was as in love as Iker was with Olivia, but it didn’t stop Daniel worrying. He just had a bad feeling.

“Actually” Olivia commented “That one is from Iker. He wanted to get something for each of the boys” she smiled, her blue eyes glancing up at the keeper who stood happily behind her, his arms wrapped around her.

“He did?” Daniel posed.

“Well, Oli seemed to think that I should. I hope you don’t mind” Iker noted.

Daniel shook his head and turned his eyes back to his son who was happily waving around the new toy that he had been bought. “What do you say to Iker, Jack?” Daniel posed. Jackson seemed to think for a second before he padded over to the keeper, looking up at him in awe. “Jackson” Daniel encouraged.

“Thank you, Auntie’s boyfriend” the little boy noted.

Iker smiled. “You can call me Iker, Jackson” he commented.

Jackson nodded his head. “Ok, Iker” the little boy smiled before he toddled out of the room, chanting about wanting to show his new toys off to his mother and brother.

“I swear, your boys get cuter every time I see them” Olivia smiled “Jackson’s so grown up now” she added.

“He started school” Daniel commented “He loves it, he’s really into his reading and Lori says he’s great with numbers too” he enthused.

Olivia smiled fondly at her brother before Iker squeezed her gently, mumbling about going to check on dinner. Olivia nodded her head and pressed an affectionate kiss to his cheek before she leant out of his arms, taking a seat on the couch ahead of her brother. “You look really happy” Daniel commented softly “He’s done wonders for you” he added.

Olivia blushed. “He’s wonderful, Dan” she mumbled shyly “He’s the best thing I have and I don’t know what I was thinking for all those years that I ignored the feelings we clearly had for one another. I can’t picture us being any way than the way we are now” she enthused.

“You love him that much?” Daniel pressed.

“More than I can put into words” Olivia muttered “I can see myself marrying the guy, settling down and having little ones with him, and that is a step for me. I love him, Danny” she enthused gently.

Daniel nodded his head softly before Iker stepped back into the room, a small, neatly wrapped parcel held in the palm of his hand. “I have something for you” he smiled, padding back over to Olivia.

“You do?” Olivia commented “I thought we had done all the present swapping” she added.

“We had, but this is a special one” Iker grinned, handing her the box.

Olivia eyed it suspiciously before she tore the paper off, her heart leaping into her throat. “Iker” she mumbled, her blue eyes glaring up at him.

The keeper chuckled. “It’s not that, Oli” he noted “Trust me, I will come up with a better way when the time comes for that” he added, earning a small slap on the shoulder. “Just open the box” he encouraged. Olivia eyed him dubiously before she pulled the box open, frowning a little as she spotted the key inside.

“Iker, I already have a key to this place” she noted gently “You gave me one after the party we went to that you were too drunk to get home from” she added.

The keeper rolled his eyes. “It’s symbolic” he commented “It’s my stupid little way of asking if you’d like to…”

“Iker” Lori’s voice cut the keeper off, causing him to frown.

“Huh?” he posed.

“There’s a woman on the phone, Isobel? She’s says she’s on the way to hospital?” the Australian woman quipped, hoping that the message would make sense to the keeper.

Iker blinked. “Isobel?” he questioned.

“That’s what she said. Who is she?” Lori poked.

Olivia scoffed. “She’s the reason my Christmas is over now” she muttered “The reason that Iker is going to look at me in 30 seconds and apologize” she added, shaking her head lightly.

Iker sighed. He didn’t like the tone of her voice.

“I don’t understand. He’s not got any sisters” Lori noted, stepping a little further into the room.

Olivia shook her head. “No, but he has got a pregnant ex-girlfriend” she noted before she could stop the words falling out of her mouth

“Pregnant?” Daniel snapped “You’re having a baby with someone else?” he accused.

Iker blinked. “There is a chance…”

“Oli, you have to be kidding me” Daniel snapped “This is the guy, the one?” he added.

Olivia sighed. “Dan, just let it go” she mumbled “Iker, you should probably go and check Isobel” she added, offering the keeper a glance that made his heart drop a little. She looked so upset that it hurt him.

“Oli” he noted, making a move to reach for her, but the brunette shrugged off his touch. “Go and check on your baby-mama” she muttered before she stepped towards the stair case, offering a feeble excuse. Iker thought about going after her, but refrained. As much as he may have hated it, he couldn’t just ignore Isobel and the baby. Shaking his head, he moved to get his jacket, something which was greeted with scoff from Daniel.

“I can’t believe I thought about giving you a chance” he muttered.

Iker sighed and shook his head, padding towards his car with a heavy heart. Sometimes, he wished he had never met Isobel or that he had fallen for Olivia sooner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank to Jayme112234 for the comment :)