Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

35: I’ll Do Whatever It Takes

Blinking her blue eyes a little, Olivia peeked up at the ceiling above her head, her stomach turning at the thought of what she had done the previous night. It had been stupid, by letting Iker take her home, she had probably served to make things between them 10 times hard to cope with, but in the moment, she hadn’t been able to resist. It was what she needed, even if she was pretending that things were fine, and a little part of her was glad it had happened, even if it did mean having yet another awkward conversation with Iker, a little part of her had been itching to kiss him in the week that they had been apart from one another. Yawning a little, she moved to roll out of the bed but was stopped, Iker’s strong arm flexing the somewhat tight grip he had on her waist. “No” he mumbled, his voice clearly laced with sleep “You’re not going to sneak out” he added.

“Iker…”

“You’re going to lay there and explained to me why last night happened. You’re going to tell me why you’re putting me through hell over a baby we don’t even know it mine” he rambled, his voice soft, yet at the same time, biting. He was irked with her, he had been since she had decided that the only option she had was to put an end to whatever they had between them, but he was more upset. He missed her, Olivia had been in his life in some capacity for almost 6 years and he didn’t like the notion that something as stupid as Isobel could mean that he lose her from his life. Olivia was his best friend, the girl he was in love with, and he wasn’t going to let her go without some form of fight. He wanted to spend his life with her.

Olivia sighed. “It was a mistake” she murmured.

“No, it wasn’t” Iker retorted “A mistake is something you didn’t mean to happen. We both meant this to happen” he noted.

“Iker…”

“I miss you” he interjected “I can’t sleep, Oli, I can’t focus and we both know why” he mumbled.

Olivia sighed gently. “Iker, I miss you too” she noted “But this decision we’ve made…”

“We?” Iker scoffed “Oli, you made this decision all by yourself and just seem to expect me to go along with it. I don’t want to go along with it Oli, I want to have you here with me every night. I want to wake you up with kisses in the morning and watch stupid films with you at night. I want to be able to hold you, to show you off when we go out, but most of all, I want to spend my life with you. I am so completely and stupidly in love with you Oli and I want to devote the rest of my life to showing that to you. I don’t want to be on hiatus, I don’t want to pretend that I am OK with the idea of not spending all of my time with you. Oli, please” he rambled softly. He knew it sounded a little desperate, but he just wanted to get through to her. Regardless of anything and everything else, it was her he wanted, everything else would merely have to work around that.

Olivia shifted. “You want to spend your life with me?” she whispered.

“Undoubtedly” Iker quipped “If I had a ring, I would put it on your finger with no hesitation” he added, causing Olivia’s eyes to widen like a deer stuck in headlights.

“You…you’d do that?” she stammered.

Iker smiled. “Mi querida, I would do anything to show you that regardless of everything else, it’s you I want. Oli, this relationship is it for us, we both know it, and whilst it isn’t a bed of roses right now, there’s no saying it won’t be when the baby is born. I will block Isobel’s phone number if I have to until she can prove to me definitively that that baby is mine. Oli, I am prepared to do whatever it takes” he explained tenderly.

Olivia peeked up at him, the side of her lower lip caught between her teeth. “You’re so sure” she whispered “So determined and it scares me a little. I am not sure, I am not certain that this is all going to work out and I can’t stop myself from thinking that it is all going to end badly. Iker, I don’t want it to end badly” she mumbled, her voice laced with a little panic.

Iker looked down at her face and gently brought the palm of his hand to rest against her cheek, his thumb gently brushing over her soft skin. “Oli, listen to me” he noted, ensuring the stare of her blue eyes was level with his brown ones “No one is certain of everything” he commented “No one knows what is going to happen tomorrow, but I do know that I want it to involve you. Mi amor, we may crash and burn, I don’t know, but I know that I am going to do everything in my power to stop it from happening. I just want us to be us, Oli” he mused, a small smile perched on his face.

Olivia nibbled on her lip for a second. “I don’t…” Iker stopped the excuse on her tongue, pressing a small kiss to her lips.

“I know you love me” he commented “And I know that you’ve been just as miserable as me in this last week” he added.

“How?” she poked.

“Callie” he responded “She says you would get all funny when someone said my name” he quipped, slightly boasting.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “I did not get funny” she mumbled.

“Callie said you’d not even use my name” he pointed out “You’d just call me ‘him’” he teased.

“I hate her” Olivia replied.

Iker chuckled gently before he moved to roll Olivia over, sitting her on his waist. “Oli, just say you’re with me” he encouraged gently.

Olivia swallowed. “I…I don’t know” she stammered.

“Oli, I am going to look after you, I promise you” he insisted.

Olivia peeked down at him, noting the earnest expression on his face, and sighed. “Iker, I do love you…”

“Don’t say but” he interjected “There is no need to put a ‘but’ in that sentence. You love me, I love you, and that should be that” he insisted.

Olivia shook her head. “We both know it isn’t” she commented.

Iker sighed before he leant up to kiss her. “Just let us try” he mumbled between light pecks “Please, Oli” he pleaded.

Olivia, who had melted somewhat into his kiss, nodded her head absently, wordlessly wishing that Iker was proved right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)