Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

36: Taking It Easy

“Are you sure you don’t want me to ask someone else to do this?” Olivia posed as she settled into the seat of the café that her boss had sent her to. It was a little strange, the idea that she would be the one who interviewed Iker for her paper, but her editor hadn’t want to hear it. He wanted the interview, and Iker being Iker, had insisted that Olivia be the one who conducted it.

Iker, who had already moved to collect himself a coffee, smirked. “Oli, I asked for you specifically. Why would I want another reporter?” he posed.

“Because then you might answer their questions seriously, something I can already tell you’re not going to do for me” she commented, taking the cup of coffee that he had thoughtfully bought for her out of his hand. Things had been good for them, since their talk, Iker and Olivia had been as happy, if not slightly happier than before, and Olivia was thrilled. She knew it wasn’t going to last, they were merely 5 weeks away from Isobel’s due date and the birth of her baby was bound to cause them problems again, but Olivia wanted to enjoy it whilst it lasted. She had been wrong, putting Iker on hold wasn’t the solution to the problems they were going to have, and she was glad that he had pointed it out to her. She was sure that there was nowhere she would rather be than tucked up beside him at the end of the day.

“I will answer your questions, Oli” Iker replied “Why wouldn’t I?” he teased.

“Because you’ve got that tone in your voice. Your ‘I’m going to make the next hour of your life hellish’ tone” Olivia explained.

Iker rolled his eyes. “I don’t have a tone like that” he noted.

“You do, and as both your girlfriend, and your best friend, I have to tell you that it is as annoying as anything” she commented, sipping on her drink.

Iker rolled his eyes. “Do you actually have questions to ask?” he posed, gesturing down to the binder which she had neatly placed onto the table. Olivia smiled and nodded her head, flicking the folder open, scanning the sheet of paper that her editor had passed onto her that morning.

“We’ve reached the midpoint of the La Liga season and Real Madrid sit second in the table, 2 points off of Barcelona. Can you see the team making up the gap and over taking them?” she posed.

Iker thought for a second before he nodded his head. “We’re confident” he noted “The team are good, we’ve still got the highest quality of player and we believe that we have enough to make up the difference. We also know that Barcelona’s track record against teams in the lower half of the table is sometimes a little off. We’re confident that they will slip up” he explained.

Olivia smiled. “You actually answered it” she giggled, jotting a few notes down.

“I told you I would” Iker replied “I am not that much of a pain” he added.

“That’s debatable” she commented, sipping on her drink.

Iker shook his head. “Next question” he mumbled, a pout on his face.

Olivia giggled gently and stood up from her chair, moving to press a kiss against his cheek. “You know I love you really” she teased, moving to kiss the other cheek “And you know that I find your cute rambling adorable” she added affectionately. Iker placed his hand on her hip and pulled her a little closer, causing her cheeks to warm a fraction.

Iker shook his head. “I cannot believe you still blush” he teased gently.

“It’s not my fault” she commented, weaseling out of his grasp to pad back to her chair “You’re very cute” she added.

Iker smiled and gently tapped on the sheet of paper which sat on the table. “We should probably get these questions out of the way” he noted “We’re going to be here all day if we get distracted” he added. Olivia nodded her head and turned back to her notes, but not before she flashed a small smile to Iker who smiled right back at her. He didn’t quite know how he would have coped if she had turned him down again.

~#~
“When are you next going away?” Olivia commented as she and Iker wandered through the streets. It was the middle of the afternoon and after a morning of coffee and questions, they had opted to take a little walk before they made their way back to Iker’s car. It had been a pleasant morning, between Olivia’s questions and a little teasing, they’d had a great deal of fun and Olivia was pleased. She knew that things would get a little tougher once the baby had been born and she wanted to enjoy the time she could have with Iker for company.

“We’re due to head out to play Bilbao the week after next, which means you’re stuck with me for a little while yet” Iker quipped, squeezing her hand gently.

“I don’t mind having you around” Olivia smiled gently “You’re kind of fun” she added.

Iker smiled. “You love having me around, Oli, don’t lie” he teased.

Olivia giggled gently and dropped his hand, happily cuddling up to his side. “I do love having you around” she admitted gently “I love being able to do this whenever I feel like it” she added, leaning up to kiss him. Iker smiled and held her close for a second before he lightly pushed her away, leading her further up the street. “You know that things are about to get strange don’t you?” she mumbled as they walked.

“Oli” Iker warned gently.

“I know” she commented “I know you’re not going to let this come between us, but it’s just an odd thought you know? In a few weeks, you could be papa and there could be a child in the world that could one day call me their stepmother” she explained gently. It was odd to her, the notion that Iker could be a father in just a matter of weeks, and she still couldn’t quite wrap her head around it. To her, Iker was still the idiot who had burned her with coffee and he didn’t appear ready for a child.

“There’s no ‘could’ about it” Iker commented “If Isobel’s baby is mine, then he will definitely call you his stepmother” he noted firmly.

Olivia tilted her head. “You’re going to propose?” she teased.

“I’d do it right now if you’d let me, but I know you. You want something utterly romantic for that” he commented.

“I don’t” Olivia replied with a small shake of her head.

“Yeah, you do” Iker noted, placing his arm around her waist as they made their way slowly towards his car “You used to tell me that you wanted the man who proposes to you to make you cry when he does it, and I intend to be the guy that does it” he smiled. Olivia shook her head.

“You don’t have to make a fuss” she mumbled.

“I do” Iker grinned, gently pulling the passenger door open for her “I am going to do it right, Oli” he smiled.

Olivia smiled back at him before she gently but down on her lip, butterflies in her stomach at thought of Iker getting down on one knee for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)