Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

48: Red Lipstick

Taking a deep breath in, Iker peeked around the dressing room, his dark eyes scanning over the other members of the squad who sat quietly around him. It was tense, tenser than Iker had anticipated, and a little part of him just wanted to walk away. He knew that he couldn’t, as it stood, he was still the best option that Spain had in goal and he wasn’t going to let that go without a fight, but part of him felt nervous, something he hadn’t felt in a long while. He wanted to do well, Spain deserved a better showing than they had received when the team had played at the World Cup, but still he felt unsure. He didn’t know whether it was going to be his last tournament or not and if it was, he wanted to make sure that it was a good one.

“Iker”

The goalkeeper lifted his head a fraction and nodded, his dark eyes looking at Sergio who had just padded back into the room. “Someone’s waiting outside for you” the defender noted. Iker frowned a little, but quickly moved to his feet, padding over towards the door. “You’re welcome” Sergio quipped as he walked passed. Iker offered him an odd look before he stepped into the corridor, his brown eyes widening a fraction as he spotted Olivia leaning up against a nearby wall.

“Oli” he breathed gently “Mi amor, you’re not supposed to be down here” he protested.

Olivia shook her head. “I came to wish you good luck seeing as I didn’t get the chance last night. Sergio got us a couple of seconds” she explained gently. She knew it was slightly dangerous, Iker would have been in game mode and the last thing she wanted to do was disturb it, but she couldn’t resist the chance to wish him good luck. She knew he was nervous and wanted to calm him down a little.

Iker smiled. “I appreciate that, Oli” he mused “But really, I am going to be fine” he added.

“I know that” Olivia noted confidently “And I know that you’ll be the one who keeps Gareth at bay too, I just wanted to make sure that you knew it. You seemed a little off the other day” she explained.

Iker shrugged. “Nervous” he noted.

Olivia shook her head and moved to kiss him, only to stop. “Oli?” Iker posed.

“I’m wearing bright red lipstick” she commented, drawing his attention to her lips “I don’t want to stain you” she added.

“I was kind of looking forwards to a good luck kiss, querida” Iker joked gently.

Olivia thought for a second before she noted the white tap which had already been fixed around his wrist, something which caused a small smile to form on her face.

“Oli?” Iker posed.

Olivia smiled and took his hand, bringing the tape level with her lips so that she could leave a mark on it. “Good luck” she smiled gently “I will see you afterwards” she added, pressing a kiss to the other wrist too. Iker smiled at the small marks she had left and nodded his head, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. “You’ll be great” Olivia mumbled softly before she pulled away from him, making her way back up the tunnel.

Iker watched after her and nodded his head. He was going to be great, even if it was just for her, he didn’t want to let her, and everyone else, down.

~#~
“Come on” Olivia mumbled as she peeked up at the big screen, her eyes narrowing on the clock. It had been a tight game, tighter than Spain would have anticipated given the lack of tournament football that Wales had played, but they were ahead and that was all that mattered. It had been a tense affair, Spain had managed to score first through Alvaro Morata only for Wales to equalize through Gareth Bale, but Spain had been quick to regain the lead, Gerard Piqué had managed to get his head on a high corner from Santi Cazorla and had nudged it past the goalkeeper, earning a small scream from Olivia herself. She didn’t tend to get overly involved, she was there was a reporter more than she was there as a fan, but she couldn’t help but get a little carried away. She loved supporting Spain and was hoping for big things from them.

Nibbling on the end of her pen, she peeked at the clock once more before she turned her eyes down to the pitch, watching as Spain nicked possession on the half way line. “Vamos” she muttered, her eyes glaring at the referee in an attempt to will him into blowing the whistle. She knew it wasn’t the best win, Spain would have been hoping for more, but it was a win and 3 points to take forwards. Grinning, she allowed the high pitched whistle from the referee reverberate for a second before she jogged towards the stairs, a little anxious to make it down to her spot in the tunnel. Sparing a look over at the pitch, she watched as Iker tossed his gloves into the crowd, displaying the two red lipstick marks which were still visible on the wrist tape he wore, a sight that made Olivia grin a little.

Those marks were easily going to be her new good luck ritual.

~#~
“Congrats” Olivia smiled as Iker made his way over to her, a wide grin affixed to his face.

Iker peeked at the brunette before he took a couple of long strides, easily reaching her so that he could scoop her into his arms, earning a small squeak. “What are you doing?” Olivia protested “Iker, people are staring” she added, lightly slapping his back.

“Let them stare” he replied, the smile almost audible in his voice “I am not done hugging yet” he added.

“You have to be done” Olivia replied, wiggling a little “I have to ask you some questions” she added.

“Can’t they wait?” Iker posed, setting her back on her feet “I would much rather hug you” he grinned impishly.

“I’m afraid not” Olivia replied “You’ve still got a load of interviews to do after me” she pointed out.

“That hardly seems fair” he commented.

“Life isn’t fair, Iker” Olivia smirked “But, before I ask my questions, I can give you this” she grinned before she pressed a kiss to his lips, leaving behind a definitive hint of red that made her smirk. “I like that shade on you” she teased gently.

Iker rolled his eyes and ducked down to kiss her once more.

“I see now where the lipstick stains came from”

Iker, who had been happily wrapped up in his own little world, straightened a little, causing Olivia to frown before she peeked past his shoulder, noting the other brunette who stared back at them, an undecipherable look on her face. “Sara” he murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)