Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

52: That’s Not How It Was Supposed To Go

“Penalties” Olivia breathed gently as she stared down at the pitch, her heart thumping rapidly in her chest. It had been a tight game, neither side had created many clear cut chances, but still Olivia hated that it had come down to a penalty shoot-out. She knew how it made Iker feel, at the end of the day, it was him that stood between Spain and elimination from the tournament, and part of her couldn’t bear to watch. The pressure which was on Iker was immense and she felt it, something which made Callie rub her back gently. It had only been a couple of days, but the other woman had taken to being a little more protective of Olivia than normal, something which comforted the brunette. She was still trying to wrap her head around it, the idea of the baby that was growing inside of her, but it was a pleasant thought, something which had frequently made her smile.

“I am sure it will be fine” Callie mused “He’s a great keeper” she added.

“I know that” Olivia murmured “But penalties is something he can’t control” she mumbled, gently resting her elbows on her knees before she placed her face in her palms.

“He’s been great all game” Callie noted “He kept out van Persie and Robben, even in that one-on-one” she encouraged gently.

Olivia made a small noise in recognition before she peeked down at the pitch, watching as Robin van Persie strode up to the spot, his eyes studying Iker who stood on his line, attempting to put the striker off. Olivia watched the run up before she ducked her head, groaning internally as she spotted the Dutch fans across the stadium jump in celebration. “It’s only one” Callie noted, trying to buoy the brunette’s spirits, but Olivia merely shook her head, holding it between the knees as the shoot-out continued. Every kick felt like a blow, Holland would score before Spain pulled it back at least that was how it was until Sergio stepped up, his spot kick drifting over the bar. Olivia startled at sound of discontent from around her before she peeked down at the pitch, watching as Arjen Robben stepped up, surveying Iker as he placed the ball on the spot. Olivia bit down on the inside of her cheek as the Dutchman stepped up to the spot, sweeping the ball with his left foot into the top right corner, inches out of the reach of Iker who dived desperately to save it.

“No” Olivia whispered as she watched Robben sprint away, leaving Iker laying on the ground, his head in his hands.

~#~
“Iker?” Olivia murmured as she watched her door open, allowing his slumped figure to step inside. It had been hours, Iker had been whisked away for interviews, but Olivia had sent Callie in her place. She wanted a little nap before Iker appeared. Iker glance at his fiancée for a moment before he stumbled towards the couch, landing with a small ‘oomph’. Olivia pushed herself up off of her bed and padded towards him, offering him a somber smile. “I am sorry about the…”

“Don’t talk about it” Iker interjected, his voice gruff.

Olivia frowned. “But you played…”

“What part of ‘don’t talk about it’ did you struggle with?” he snapped “I don’t want to talk about it, Olivia, I don’t want to listen to you praise me and tell me how great I did, because we both know that is complete shit. I didn’t do enough, if I had been as great as you seem to think I was, I would have stopped the penalties” he ranted.

Olivia scoffed. “I’m sorry” she snapped “Did you come up here to just be a dick?” she added.

Iker rolled his eyes. “It’s quiet here” he muttered.

Olivia shook her head. “I was only going to say that you were unlucky, but seeing as you’re being an ass, I am going to find Callie and go to dinner” she mumbled, moving to find her bag.

Iker closed his eyes. “I was hoping you’d stay and cheer me up” he mumbled.

“And I would have done, but you speaking to me like you did just makes me want to get out of here” Olivia sighed “You clearly need time to cool off” she added.

Iker scoffed. “You’re not much of a fiancée, are you?” he sneered bitterly, sitting up “I need cheering up and you’re going to go out to dinner with your girl friend” he muttered.

Olivia shook her head. “Did you seriously just say that to me? I get that you’re upset, Iker, I do, but you’re not going to sit there and take it out on me. I tried to talk to you, you told me not to, I try to leave, you tell me not to, what the heck do you want from me Iker?” she snapped, her voice a little high with anger. She understood that he was upset, in his mind, he’d let the team down, but she wasn’t going to let him take it out on her. It wasn’t her fault.

Iker sighed. “I don’t know” he murmured.

“Then how am I supposed to know?” Olivia sighed.

Iker looked at her. “Go” he mumbled “I’m not in the mood to talk or do anything” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Inform me when you are” she muttered a little angrily before she stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. Iker listened to the loud thump before he shook his head. He knew he’d upset her, Olivia’s voice only got high when she was really upset, but in the moment he didn’t care. Everything to him, in that moment, had paled into insignificance in comparison to the defeat he had just suffered. Yawning a little, he got himself a little more comfortable on the couch, only to find something pointy jabbing into his side. Groaning, he jammed his hand into the side of the couch and moved it until he hit the protruding object, pulling it out. Wrinkling his nose, he peeked at the object for a second before his dark eyes widened in realization.

“Oli’s pregnant” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)