Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 2- Sisterly Advice

Cristiano’s Pov

“So let me get this straight” Elma says twisting her watch on her wrist. “Lucy’s friend Tina was the one who smashed up your car that time. Then Lucy asked you not to press charges against her friend” Elma says. “And you said you would if she’d sleep with you” Katia says in disgust. “But you couldn’t go through with it. And when she found out about Hugo’s past with drugs she naturally wanted to shout at you” Elma says. “Then Nuno suggested she pretend to be your girlfriend” Katia says and looks at Nuno.

“It felt like a good idea” he says. “I was sick of all your inferring about my love life. I didn’t actually think you all would believe us” I say. “I always knew there was something off about the two of ye when I first saw ye together” Elma says. “Lucy didn’t really like Cristiano back then” Nuno jokes.

“I don’t understand. How could you two have been pretending? You both were so cute together” Katia says. “She hated lying to you all. But she was trying to help her friend. The more time I spent with her, the more I wanted to spend time with her. We grow closer” I say.

“But the last few weeks were real?” Elma asks. “The whole four months were real if I’m being honest” I say. “Cris” Elma says. “The night I found out about Maé new boyfriend, I flipped. Lucy was leaving after ye all went back to Portugal. I wasn’t going to have her anymore. So I lashed out and upset her” I say. “But” Katia says. “But then I hated that I had upset her. I told her how much I wanted her” I say.

“And she told you that she liked you too” Katia says. “Ya. The last few weeks before she left were the best of my life. Every moment I was with her was the best time of my life” I say.

“I saw you together. There was no way you both had been pretending” Katia says. “I told you. I wasn’t. I wanted it all to be real. I was just afraid she didn’t want me” I say. “They were both stupid to see what was right in front them both” Nuno says and we all turn to look at him.

“What ye were. Jezz all the flirting, the cuddling, not to mind all the kissing. Ye were crazy about each other from the start. Well Cris anyway. Lucy took a bit longer” he says. “I can understand why” Katia says. “And now it’s over” I say.

“Ok so you lied to us. Lucy helped with that. Why would she hate you for lying?” Elma asks. “She thinks he cheated on her” Nuno says. “Forget about that slag for the moment. What else aren’t you telling us?” Elma asks.

“I dropped the charges against Tina before Nuno came up with the idea for us to pretend to be a couple” I say.

“Oh God” Katia says holding her hand to her mouth. “I don’t get it” Elma says. “She agreed to be his fake girlfriend” Katia says. “And” Elma says. “She agreed thinking Tina was being charged. But he already dropped them” Katia says. “She didn’t have to pretend” Elma says.

“You asshole, Cristiano” Elma shouts and throws a cushion at my head. “I know I am” I say. “She thinks your whole relationship was a lie. Doesn’t she?” Katia asks and I nod my head. “She was lied to a lot by her mother. The fact that she lied so easily to you all and her friends makes her think she is like her mother. She thinks I was having fun with her” I say.

“Oh Cris” Katia says. “But I wasn’t. I love her. I love Lucy. I’ve never felt like this before. I need her” I say.

“I don’t know how you can make it up to her” Katia says. “I just need to talk to her. Make her see that it was never pretend for me. Make her see that I love her and I would never cheat on her” I say.
“Just wait. She’ll see how much you love her” Katia says. “I can’t wait anymore. I feel like I’ve lost her” I say.

“Maybe you deserve to” Elma says. “Elma” Katia shouts” What he says he loves her but he had weeks to tell her. But he didn’t” Elma says. “You’re just angry he lied to us. Stop being a cow” Katia says. “I think I’m aloud be angry. Jezz Cris what were you thinking? Who pretends to have a fake girlfriend in order to shut their family up?” Elma yelled. “It was stupid ok. I know. I’m sorry for lying. But I met Lucy and I’m not apologising for that” I shout back.

“Hey no fighting you two. Elma has every right to be angry Cris. We just need time to get our heads around what we’ve just heard” Katia says.

They have every right to be angry with me. I get that. If it was another time, I would hate myself but all I can think about is Lucy.

“Have I lost her for good?” I ask my sisters and they look at each other. “Oh God. I have. Haven’t i?” I ask. “All you can do is wait and see. Your consent calls to her and her friends at least shows you care about her” Katia says.

“If you had been pretending, then you wouldn’t be trying to get her back” Elma says. “She’s probably thinking that I’m worried she’ll tell Máe and you guys all of this” I say. “If Lucy wanted revenge, she would have done it already. But she’s not like that” Katia says. “You can’t tell Máe any of this” Elma says.

“I need to tell her the truth” I say. “Cris she doesn’t want to talk to you” Elma says. “She thinks I cheated on Lucy” I say. “Exactly. She’s not talking to right now because of that. How do you think she’ll react if she finds out her perfect couple was all a lie” Elma says. “It wasn’t a lie” I say.
“It was at the start” Katia says. “Máe will blame herself” Elma says. “What?” I ask.

“If you tell her what you have just told us. She’ll blame herself. She’ll feel like she pushed you into having to pretend to have a girlfriend in the first place” Elma says. “But that’s crazy” I say in shock. “But it’s something she would think. You said Lucy blames herself for Tina’s drug problem. People think strangely” she shrugs. “Ok I won’t tell her. But she thinks I cheated with Merche” I say. “Give her---time” I say butting in. “I’m really sick of been told that” I mutter. “It’s the only thing you can do. I’m sorry Cristiano” Katia says.

“Now let’s forget about that business for a moment. I want to discuss how sick you could be to ask her to sleep with in the first place. How could you take advantage of her like that?” Elma says standing up and wacking me on the back of the head.

“That didn’t go too bad” Nuno says a little while later. “Sorry if I got you into trouble” I say. “I’ll remember that apology when Elma roars at me later for suggesting the plan in the first place. But hey it did work out in the end” he says and I stare at him. “Well until she walked out on you anyway” he says.

“You suck at cheering me up” I say. “There is only so much that I can do” he says. “Thanks though. I’m glad you were here the last few weeks” I say and stand to walk to the counter to get my ringing phone.

“For someone who has been wishing for that phone to ring. You’re very slow in answering it” Nuno says. “Cos I know deep down it’s not Lucy” I say and I pick up the phone.

"Hello" I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you think his sisters reacted. Should he listen to what they said? Who's on the phone?

Thanks to ariana_aemming,ArsenalFanKT and Jayme112234 for all their lovely comments.