Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 32- Familiar Times

Cris’s Pov

“Oh Lucy this is Andrade” Maé says to Lucy as we all take a seat around the dining room table. “It’s nice to meet you” Lucy says shaking his hand. “You too. Dolores hasn’t stopped raving about you since she met you” Andrade says. “Wow so she can actually tell people about meeting new people. Must just be me she forgets to tell” I say and Lucy glares at me. I shouldn’t be surprised. He’s wormed his way into my mother’s life. Everyone likes him. Of course the mother of my unborn child would fall for his charm.

“I doubt Dolores has being raving about me” Lucy says to Andrade. “Of course I have my dear. Who couldn’t?” Dolores smiles at her. And Maé really has. “To be fair it was more how could her son cheat on you that she was ranting about” Hugo says taking a snip of his water. That does it. If he thinks I’m going to let him speak like that. “Shut the fu” I start to say when Lucy buts in.

“Nuno what’s for dinner? I could eat a horse” she says. I should be happy that she’s eating but the looks she giving me all through dinner make me feel not happy. She’s annoyed with me.

“Someone was hungry” Dolores says as Lucy practically licks her plate clean. “What’s for desert?” she grins Nuno. “I swear she only likes me for my cooking” Nuno says to me. “Here I was thinking it was for your bluntness” I say remembering his little speech about me and Lucy having a baby together but not being together.

“At least she finally saw sense by dumping you” Hugo says. “Nuno Cris and I will get desert” Lucy says Who the hell does he think he is? He comes into my house and starts on at me again. He never changes I think before following Lucy out of the room. “Before you say anything” I say looking at her back as she walks in front of me. I know she’s annoyed with me. “No let me talk” she says “Remember all those times I got you to promise me not to fight with your brother. Could we go back to those times please?” she asks. I wish. I hope. All those times she used to tell me not to argue with Hugo. All those times I used to hold her. All those times I used to kiss her.

“In a flash since it would mean you and me would be together” I say and she frowns. “Cheap shot Ronaldo” she says. “Sorry. And you’ve heard Hugo. How am I just meant to sit and listen to his crap?” I ask moving to get the cake from the fridge. She won’t even give me a chance.

“The same way you are going to smile and be polite to Andrade. Just grin and bare it. Please Cris. I’ve had enough of fighting with my sortish family. The last thing I need is to have you fighting with yours” she says. Jezz is she trying to make me feel bad. “Josh still acting like a jerk?” I ask. “Yes but I’m going to concentrate on the jerk in front of me right now” she says. “Me” I shout. “Come on that cheap shot about your mother” she says.

“Lucy” I say as Andrade walks into the room. “Nuno said there’s ice cream to be eaten too” he says. “I’m liking Nuno even more” Lucy smiles moving to open the fridge. “I’ll take the cake in” I say. I should have just listened to her. I should have waited to tell them all about the baby. She’s annoyed with me now. “You must be so excited about the baby” Elma says as I take my seat. “I am” I smile.

“He’s worried too” Nuno says and I glare at him. “What you are. You’re worried about Lucy” he says. “Why are you so worried about Lucy? Plenty of women have babies Cristiano. It’s a natural thing” Maé says. “It’s not just that Maé” I say. “What is it then?” Katia says. “She’s still trying to cope with Tina’s death. She’s in shock that she’s pregnant. And Josh and she are fighting. Plus she’s petrified she’ll lose the baby” I say. “She’s had a lot to cope with it these past few months” Elma says.

“Most of it my fault I know” I say before Hugo could. “I get why she doesn’t want people knowing about the baby until it’s past the safe mark. That’s normal Cris. We won’t say anything to anyone” Katia says. “We will look after her” Maé says. “Lucy all the cake is gone” Nuno jokes as Lucy and Andre come back into the room. “Dolores’s cake is better. I prefer the ice cream anyway” she grins making Nuno pout. “Meany” he says.

“If it makes you feel any better, Elena loves your cooking” Lucy says. “I always did think she was smart and hot” he replies. “But her boyfriend has other better talents” Lucy grins and I laugh. “Cake” Rodrigo says clapping his hands. “You heard the cutie Nuno” Lucy says.

A while later I sit with Zé as Rodrigo shows Lucy his new toy robot. She smiling and laughing and looks so beautiful. “So did you cry, scream or faint when she told you that she was pregnant?” Zé asks me. “None of the above” I smile. “Must have been some shock” Zé says. “A brilliant one” I say. “You sure this is a good thing?” Zé asks.

“Why wouldn’t it be? This isn’t some mistake Zé. I love her. And I want us to be a family” I say. “I know. I totally get it. And I think it’s great. I really do. But don’t get your hopes up about getting back together. That’s all I’m trying to say” he says. “That’s what everyone keeps saying” I sigh. “Cos it’s true. But she’s here. That has to be a good thing” Zé says as we both glance at Lucy and Rodrigo on the floor. It’s a start I think.

“She looks happy” Maé says taking a seat next to me. “Ya she does. She looks better than she did a couple of days ago anyway” I say. “You were frightened?” she asks. “She’s so afraid that everyone she loves leaves her. I didn’t know how she would cope if she lost the baby” I say.

“Rodrigo would love to watch some cartoons” Lucy says appearing in front of me. “I think someone is trying to get what he wants by asking Lucy” Zé says. “What can I say? I struggle to resist a cute face” she says smiling at my nephew. “Yet you end up knocked up and stuck with my brother” Hugo says sitting in a nearby chair. “Like I said. I struggle to resist a cute face” she smirks at Hugo and I smile.

“How about we watch a film?” I ask standing. “Want do you want to watch?” Zé asks me. “Shrek” Lucy, Rodrigo and I all say and Lucy bursts out laughing. “I’ll get the popcorn” I smile. “Let’s go find a seat” Lucy says to Rodrigo and they head to the movie room.

“Why aren’t you and Lucy together?” Maé asks. “Maé” I groan. “It’s just that you two are great together. And watching the two of ye together today. I can’t see it. I can’t see you not together” she says. “Neither can I. But it’s not that simple” I say. “It would be if you hadn’t ruined things. I don’t know how you could hurt that girl. And with Merche” she says in disgust before leaving the room. “It’s not worth bothering is it?” I mutter to Nuno. “Give her time” Nuno says. “Which one?” I mutter.

I begin to get the popcorn ready when Hugo walks into the kitchen with Andrade. “Shrek. Why the hell did you let them pick that crap?” Hugo wines. “Rodrigo likes it” Andrade says picking up a newspaper that laid on the table. “You don’t have to watch it you know. Feel free to go somewhere else. Go for a walk. I hear it’s not far to the Artic” I say.

“And miss seeing you cop what you don’t have. Nah think I’ll stay” he smiles. “Fuck you” I shout. “Ah my poor selfish little brother, even knocking her up she still wants nothing to do with you" Hugo says and I make a fist.

“Have you ever heard the saying if you haven’t anything good to say don’t say anything at all Hugo? Maybe you should start living by that” Andrade says and Hugo frowns before sulking off somewhere. “Don’t rise to it. You’re only giving him what he wants” Andrade says. “I know. But it’s hard” I mutter. “He’ll realise he’s being a stupid brother eventually” he says. “That’s what Lucy used to say” I say. “She’s a smart lady” he says. “Ya she is” I smile. “She’s smart enough to realise what’s the best for her. She just might take time to see that it’s you” he says. “You don’t even know me. Not to mind me and Lucy” I say. “I can only go on what I’ve seen today” he shrugs. “I better get the popcorn to them” I say.

After an evening of watching the film, Lucy decides it’s time to leave and after she says her goodbyes, I walk her to her car. “So was it as bad as you thought it would be?” I ask opening the door open for her. “After I got over the shock of you just blurting it out like that, then it was good. They seem happy” she says placing her hands on the car door. "And don't think I didn't notice you being nice to Andrade" she smirks and I roll my eyes. "It means a lot to your mother" she says. “Well their delighted about the baby. And so am I” I smile. “I can tell you haven’t stopped smiling since I told you” she laughs. “Because it’s the best news I’ve ever had. And you did a lot of smiling today yourself” I smirk. “Rodrigo always makes me smile” she says. “He certainly loved snuggling up to on the couch while we were watching the film” I say. I had never being so jealous of someone in my life.

“Lucy” I hear Elma shout and turn around to see her with Lucy’s handbag. I run back to the door and take the bag from my sister. I smile at Lucy as I hand it to her. Just like the first time she met my family I think. “I think the words you are looking for are déjà vu” Lucy says and I smile. “I’ll talk to you later” she says as she moves to get into the car. “Lucy wait” I say. “Ya” she looks back. “Thanks for today” I say and place a kiss on her cheek. “Ahm……you’re welcome” she says.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.