Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 35- Phone Calls Change Things

Lucy’s Pov

“I’m still picking you up later ya?” I read the text on my phone. “If I find something that fits my fat body” I text back. “Lucy you are beautiful. You’d barley know that you are pregnant” he texts back. “Liar. Now stop annoying me and go play some football” I text. “It wasn’t a lie. You should watch the game. See what a good team looks like” he replies a few minutes later. “I will watch a good team. The Liverpool Vs Arsenal game is about to kick off in the early game ” I hit send and laugh.

“He certainly knows how to make you laugh. I’ll give him that” Elena says placing a sandwich on the table in front of me. “How do you know it was Cris?” I ask. “The gooey look of your face. You had that look for weeks not so long ago” she says.”Elena” I warn. “Funny how you knew who I was referring to though” she says. “We’re having a baby together. The last thing I want is for the baby to be surrounded by two parents who can’t stand each other. Nothing more” I say. “You have being getting on very well together. And spending a lot of time with each other” she points out.

“He takes after his mother. He likes to fuss” I reply. “It’s sweet. He knows it hasn’t been easy for you. With Josh and the paps” she says. Since the story broke almost 7 weeks ago, the paps have started to follow me. It can get crazy if I’m with Coleen especially. And it’s even crazier at work. Josh and I don’t speak. We barley say two words to each other. Matt has been a go between work wise. Although Matt wasn’t too thrilled about the baby. But he had at least congratulated me.

Josh hates that I’m having a baby with Cristiano. And I hate that he wished I would lose my baby. Thankfully everyone else seemed happy about the baby. Coleen, Lisa and the rest of the girls were all excited and can’t wait to buy baby gifts. Dad has been counting down the days. And so has Dolores. Everyone is so happy. Cris especially. I guess Elena is right. Cris and I have being getting on well. We talk loads and I sometimes. Just sometimes, I kind of hate when he leaves. “So what are you wearing tonight?” Elena asks. “I haven’t a clue” I groan.

Later in the day after a win for both mine and Cris’s teams, my attention turns to finding something to wear. “I’m not going” I say flopping onto the bed. “What do you mean you’re not going? It’s Coleen’s 21st Birthday party. Of course you are going” Elena says looking into the mirror as she holds up one of my blue dresses. “That doesn’t mean I have to go” I say. “Apart from the fact that Coleen has become a friend these past few months. You haven’t been out in ages. And it’s your birthday too” she says. “Urgh I don’t want to do anything for my birthday” I say.

“Aww Luce you’re going to be 21. We have to celebrate” she says. “No we don’t. I don’t want to ok” I say. “Ok well we’ll get back to that. Why don’t you want to go night?” she asks. “Because I’m fat and pregnant” I huff. “Lucy you’re four months pregnant and barely have a bump. Only that I know, I would never think you were pregnant” she says. “You sound like Cris” I mumble. “Well he’s right” she says and I laugh. “That sounds weird” I say. “Come on you’ll have fun tonight” she says.

“There’s going to be so many people there. I don’t know why I agreed to go. Not to mind let Cris drive me” I say. “Like he would say no. You’re going with others right” she says. “It’s not a date” I say and she smiles. “Here try this red one on. You’ll have fun” she says. “Elena” I moan. “I’ll stop nagging if you agree to a quiet dinner for your birthday with me” she says. “Fine. And just dinner” I warn taking the red skater dress from her hands.

I’m fixing my earing when the doorbell rings and I walk to let Cris in. “Hi” I say opening the door and walking back towards the living room. “I know shocker. I’m actually ready. And not nearly. Urgh I really just want to flop on the couch in front of the tv right now” I say. “You look gorgeous” he says and I turn to look at him. “It was the only dress I looked good in. Well made bump smaller” I say taking in his jeans and white shirt.

“This little bump getting big shows the world that we are having a baby. And it getting bigger means the baby is growing and will be with us to love soon” he says placing his hand on my stomach. “Oh Cris” I say feeling tears in my eyes. “Oh this pregnancy is making me so emotional” I say. “Bumps and hormones. Oh the joys of pregnancy” he jokes. “Hey it’s me who’s suffering” I say. “Well at least the nausea has stopped” he says. “Ya I guess. Now lets go suffer through this party” I say. “What you can’t wait to party?” he jokes and I laugh.

“I’m glad you are coming with me tonight” he says stroking my cheek. “Well I haven’t seen much of the girls lately and it is Coleen’s birthday. It’s probably going to be all baby talk for me. But I’m sure you’ll find someone to entertain you” I say. It’s not a date. I don’t want him to think it is. Although it might not be that bad to go on a date with him some time I think as Cristiano’s phone beeps.

“Nani reminding me to pick him up again from his hotel. I swear if he texts again I’ll stay here” he says letting his phone on the table. “Let me get my purse and we can go. “I’ll get it for you” he says. “Thanks. It should be on my dresser” I say as he heads to my room. “You know you do look gorgeous. Red always did look good on you. I like he curls too” he says and my finger automatically twirls a curl on my shoulder. Maybe tonight will be fun. There’s no harm being around Cris. It feels like normal. Like before.

His phone rings and he calls out for me to answer it. I look at the screen and “M” is across it. “Hello” I say holding the phone to my ear. “Cristiano” a woman replies. “He’s not here at the moment. Can I give him a message?” I ask. “Can you tell him that Merche can’t come over next week so he’ll have to wait to the international break to see me” she says. “Merche” I whisper. “I’m surprised you’re still trying to be around him still. He belongs with me” she says hanging up.

“Found your purse. Let’s go before he rings again” Cristiano says coming back into the room as I lower his phone from my ear. “Lucy are you alright?” he asks as the phone shakes in my hand. “Your phone rang” I say walking towards him. “Ok” he says confused as I take my purse from him. “It’s bad news I’m afraid. Apparently Merche can’t see you next week but she’ll see during the international break” I say bitterly smashing the phone against his chest before heading as fast as my legs could carry me towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has Cristiano being lying to everyone?

Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.