Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 36- Never A Dull Moment

Cris’s Pov

“So you’re bringing Lucy?” Wayne asks I place my phone into the inside of my suit jacket. “Yep” I grin. “Wait are you bringing her or is she coming with you?” Rio asks. “Rio English please?” Wayne asks clearly as confused as I was. “Are you just giving her a lift or are you going together as in a date to Coleen’s party?” Rio asks. “Oh I get you now” Wayne says.

“Well what is it?” Rio asks. “I don’t know” I frown. “Oh you’re useless” Rio groans. “Well I ask her to come with me” I say. “You knew she was going and asked her?” Rio asks. “ Well I said that I was driving and Nani was coming too. She could relax and not worry about getting there and back” I say. “ Not a date” Rio quips. “Hey she agreed to sit in a car with you. She wouldn’t have done that at the start of the year” Wayne points out. “That’s true. Things have changed” I say. “Ye are getting on. And spending a lot of time together” Rio says. “Honestly it feels like it was before everything went wrong. Last night I sat on the couch with her as she snuggled against me and I didn’t want to leave” I say.

“Maybe you won’t have to some day” Wayne says. “You think?” I ask. “Ye are having a baby together. And she loved you once. That doesn’t just disappear” Wayne says. “Aww Wazza’s being listening to Coleen again” Rio jokes and we all laugh. Maybe someday I won’t have to leave I think.

“Purse, purse” I mutter as I look around Lucy’s bedroom. She looks stunning tonight. Her smile makes the room even brighter. When she opened the door and I followed her into the living room I just wanted to pull her to me and never let her go. I don’t know how much longer I can take not being with her.

I find her purse and look back at the door to make sure she isn’t there. She calls out that my phone is ringing and I tell her to answer it. It will keep her busy I think as I pick up her pillow.

“Found your purse. Let’s go before he rings again” I say walking back into the living room. Something is wrong? She’s changed. Her smile has disappeared. “Lucy are you alright?” I ask. I hope its not the baby.

“It’s bad news I’m afraid. Apparently Merche can’t see you next week but she’ll see during the international break” she says bitterly smashing the phone against his chest before heading as fast as my legs could carry me towards the door. What!

“Lucy wait” I shout rushing after her. Merche. What the hell?

“Lucy” I shout following her down the stairs. “Please Lucy. Let me explain. I haven’t spoken to her” I say. “Then why is she phoning you?” Lucy turns and asks. “I don’t know” I stutter and she turns and continues down the stairs. “Lucy stop please” I beg afraid she’s going to fall. “Just stop and talk to me” I beg rushing past her to reach the door which leads out to the lobby. “Move” she yells. “Not until you and I talk” I say as my phone rings. “That will be Nani. Or maybe Merche wanting to talk to you. How often do you talk this time round? Or did you even stop?” she asks.

“It didn’t stop” I say and she gasps and holds her shaking hand over her mouth. “No. No. It’s not like that” I say realizing what she thought. “It didn’t stop cos there was nothing to stop” I say. “Move out of my way” she says. “We need to talk” I say. “We have a party to go to” she says. “A party. Is she for real? “We’ll be late if we don’t leave now” she says. “We’ll talk after the party?” I ask. She closes her eyes and her head looks to the floor. “Lucy” I say. “Fine. After. Now move” she snaps and I pull open the door and she walks through.

“Are you cold?” I ask as she buckles her seat belt. “Just drive” she says. She spends the entire car journey looking out the window. Thankfully Nani gets that she doesn’t want to chat and doesn’t bother her. What the hell happened? This was meant to be a night where we could spend together. “Lucy” Coleen beams when we arrive at the party. “Oh I’m so glad you came” she says hugging Lucy. “Happy birthday Coleen. You look gorgeous” Lucy smiles. “Thank you. Oh this is Nicola and Alex. Their lovely fellas are Carragher and Gerrard” Coleen says introducing us to the two women next to Coleen.

“Hello. It’s lovely to meet you both” Lucy says smiling but her smile doesn’t reach her eyes. “You two. Congrats on the baby. You both must be so excited” Alex says. “Yes we are” I say looking at Lucy. “Lucy” Lisa squeals appearing beside us. “Hello” she replies. “Yes I have another dancer” Lisa jokes. “Michael not a dancer?” Nicola asks.

“Sometimes. Where ever he is” Lisa replies. “Bet the men are hiding at the food” Coleen jokes before excusing herself from the group. “She’s delighted that you came” Lisa says. “Well it’s Coleen’s birthday. Plus I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to remind Cristiano how amazing Gerrard and Carragher are” Lucy says earning a laugh from all the women. She’s cracking jokes. That has to be good?

Before I know it, Lucy has disappeared off somewhere else with Lisa leaving me to find Wayne and Michael in some corner. “Have you got your dancing shoes ready Wazza?” Michael asks. “When doesn’t he?” Steven Gerrard says walking towards us with Jamie Carragher by his side. We all give a nod of hello. “Some party” Wes says. “You mean event” Wayne groans. “If you think this is bad. Try organizing a wedding” Jamie says. “As if Nicola left you anywhere near your wedding planning” Steven says to Jamie taking a sip of his beer. “And how much do you and Michael know about your upcoming nuptials?” he asks.

“Enough. Why couldn’t they just let us run off and marry abroad?” Michael groans. “But it will be worth it in the end. All the planning and stress for yer special day” I say. “Oh Ronnie. Ever the romantic” Wayne says. “Only since he met Lucy” Michael says. “Who is on her way over here with your soon to be missus, so enough wedding talk” Wes says. My eyes find Lucy and I wish everyone else wasn’t here.

“What are you lot talking about?” Lisa asks. “Weddings” Michael says. “Ya right” Lisa says rolling her eyes. “Hello Lucy. You look great” Wayne says. “Thank you. Great party. Coleen looks happy. Your party planning skills are good” she replies. “Ya the skills of leaving someone else plan and do all the work while he signs the cheques” Jamie jokes and everyone laughs. “Lucy this ejit next to me is Jamie and the goof next to him is Stevie” Wayne says introducing Lucy to her favourite players. “He’s more of a goof than me” Steven says nodding at Wayne. “Hi Lucy it’s nice to meet you” he says shaking Lucy’s hand. “You too. Good game today by the way” she says. “A big win against Arsenal isn’t a bad day at the office I suppose” Jamie says grinning.

“What have I missed?” Rio asks standing beside Wayne. “Just discussing how win today” Jamie says. “Ah here Ronnie lad. You’re not going to let your kid follow it’s mother are you? One insane person is surely enough for you” Rio says and I could punch him. “Well if bubba wants to see and learn from the best defender in Europe than it will surely have to watch a number 23 and not a number 5” Lucy says and Rio glares at her.

“Best defender in Europe” Jamie grins at Rio. “Well if you play with the best midfielder in the world than of course” Lucy smiles. “Lucy is a Liverpool fan” Wayne says to Steven. “Really. You’re a Liverpool fan?” Steven asks Lucy. “Yes. And Rio thinks that I’m insane” she says. “Coming from him. Ya right. Now this is good. Ronaldo’s bird is one of us” Jamie grins. “Ah that explains last October then” Steven says to me and everyone looks at me as I think of something to say.

“You look great Lucy. Pregnancy suits you” Wayne says noticing the panic in my eyes. “Thank you Wayne. Although I’m beginning to think that I’m the only woman to be pregnant the way everyone talks about it” she says. “Ya well Ronnie hasn’t shut up about it” Rio says. “Well hopefully your baby will take it’s mother and have good taste in footie teams” Steven says. “Well I do have good taste in football teams. Boyfriends not so much” Lucy says bluntly. “It was nice to meet you both” she says to Jamie and Steven before leaving with Lisa.

“Bloody hell Ronnie I thought you and her were getting on ok” Wes says. “Ya it suddenly got very chilling around here” Michael says. “What happened?” Wayne asks. “What do you think happened? That bitch who likes to ruin my life happened” I say. “Merche” Wayne says. “She rang my phone and Lucy answer. She told her some bullshit about me and her meeting” I say. “Man it’s never a dull moment when you are around Ronnie” Rio says. “Shut up Rio” Wayne, Steven and Jamie say.

“Women calm down in the end” Steven says. “And she did come with you tonight” Wayne says. “To quote Lucy. She only came cos it’s Coleen’s birthday and she couldn’t let the opportunity pass to remind me how amazing Gerrard and Carragher are” I say. “I like your lady” Jamie says.

I’m not sure she’ll ever be my lady I think looking for Lucy in the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucy clearly isn't happy. Will she talk to Cristiano? What did you think the cool reception that she's giving Cristiano?

Thanks to realmadrid0bsessed,ak9_sh 7 ,ArsenalFanKT and Jayme112234 for their comments