Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 46- None Of My Business?

Cris’s Pov

“What took you so long?” I ask when she finally answers the phone. “I was in the shower” Lucy huffs. “Oh sorry” I say trying not to picture her in the shower. “Want do you want Cris?” she asks annoyed. “Nothing” I say. “I’m sorry I’m just trying to get ready. I have a busy day ahead” she says. “It’s ok” I say. “I haven’t had anymore kicks incase you are wondering” she says and I smile remembering back to Friday. Feeling my baby kick. It was amazing. “Stop smiling or you’ll never get to training” she laughs.

“You’ll phone me after your doctor’s appointment” I say. “It’s just a routine check-up Cris” she says. “But you are going to ring me afterward anyway” I say. “Cris” she says. “Or I could blow off training and go with you” I say. “You wouldn’t do that” she says. “Why not?” I ask. “Cos you’ll get into trouble” she says. “The baby comes first” I say. “Well that’s something we agree on. Ok I’ll phone or text you after. Now stop annoying me and let me get ready” she says. “Rodger” I say and she laughs. “I’m so glad it’s you and not me who has to be in the same room as Wayne today. I swear I wouldn’t be able to stop laughing” she laughs. “Talk to you later” I laugh. “Bye” she says hanging the phone up.

“I take it the awkwardness is all gone with Lucy” Elma says as I take a seat in the kitchen. “The baby’s kick kind of distracted things and” I say. “And?” Elma asks. “I think we are just going to ignore the kiss and move on” I say sadly. “Really?” Elma asks. “I don’t want to push her. I need to be around her to make her see that she loves me” I say looking at my watch. “I better get to training” I say standing.

“You’re in a very good mood?” Darren says as I tie my shoe after training. “Am I?” I smile. “Bet it’s got something to do with Lucy” Darren says. “Of course it’s to do with her. When isn’t something about her” Rio groans. “If you are sick of hearing about her then stop asking about her” I say. “Ignore Rio. So why are you so happy?” Wayne asks. “Please tell us that she’s forgiven you. Even my missus doesn’t make me wait this long” Rio says. “But Ronnie hasn’t done anything to be forgiven for. So tell us” Wayne says and I nod him a thanks. “The baby kicked for the first time” I smile. “Ah I remember what that was like” Wes smiles.

“Don’t let her name it after any Liverpool players. It’s bad enough it’s going to wear a Liverpool jersey” Rio groans. “No it won’t” I say. “Oh Ronnie lad yes it will. When it comes to Lucy, you don’t stand a chance” Wayne says. “Well I will when it comes to names” I say trying not to laugh but failing. “What’s so funny?” Wayne asks. “Oh what the hell. We met a couple who were fighting over baby names” I say. “And?” Wes asks. “The woman was afraid her husband would name the baby Waynetta” I laugh and the others burst out into laughter. “Piss off” Wayne yells. “Now now. Don’t get upset Waynetta” Rio jokes.

“Did you forget something?” I say into the phone as I walk to my car after the receptionist puts me through to her office. “ I sent you a text” Lucy says sounding stressed. “Everything ok?” I ask. “Just work annoying me” she says. “Have you eaten yet?” I ask. “Not yet but” she says. “But?” I ask. “If you feel like checking up on me like I know you are thinking of doing. You could bring a chicken salad with you” she says. “Sure you don’t want anything more filling?” I ask not bothering to deny that I was going to see her. “No just that. Thanks. I’m going for dinner tonight and don’t want to eat too much. See you in a bit” she says.

We I arrive at Lucy’s office, her receptionist offers to show me the way to her office but I politely decline. I’m hardly going to forget where that is after the last time I was there. “Oh hey” I say as Matt comes towards me down the hallway. “Cristiano. Hi” he says. “You look busy” I say noticing all the papers in his hands. “Trying to get everything done before dinner with Lu..Oh someone else looking for me” he said when his phone started to ring. “I better go” he says. “Bye” I say as he rushes off. “Work is taking him a bit longer today” I hear someone say and turn around to find Josh standing at a door. “He seems busy” I say not knowing what else to say. I haven’t forgotten about al the things he said to Lucy about the baby. “His mind is on his dinner plans tonight” Josh says. “Right” I say. “But I’m sure Matt and Lucy will have a lovely evening together” Josh says and when I turn around again the door is closed.

Matt and Lucy. Dinner? She’s going to dinner with him? I walk quickly to Lucy’s office and pause at the open door when I hear chatter from inside. “So you all set for tonight?” I hear a woman ask. “How do you know about that?” I hear Lucy ask. “It’s a small office” the other woman says. “And Matt has a big mouth apparently. We agreed to keep it quiet” Lucy says.

Keep their dinner quiet.

So it’s a date. She’s going on a date with him.

“He is cute. You are so lucky” the woman says. “Now that I will agree with you on” Lucy giggles. She’s giggling for Matt. “You know who must be pissed” the woman says. “You know who can mind his own business” Lucy says. Mind my own business. She thinks I should mind my own business. She’s carrying my child.

“I’ll send this off today” the woman says and I hear her walking towards the door so I push the door further open. “Oh” the blonde lady says. “Sorry am I interrupting?” I ask not really caring. “Hey Cris. No we are done. Lizzy this is Cris” Lucy says. “It’s nice to meet you” the blonde standing infront of me says. “You too” I smile. “I’ll leave you to your lunch” she says. “Bye Lizzy” Lucy calls out from behind her desk. “I want details tomorrow” Lizzy calls out as she shuts the door after her. “What was that about?” I ask.

“Nothing” Lucy says shaking her head. “So what did you bring me?” she asks. “Like you ordered” I say handing over the salad. “Thank you” she smiles. “You going to sit down?” Lucy asks and I nod and take a seat. So she’s going on a date with Matt. No wonder she pushed me away the other night when I kissed her. “Are you ok Cris?” Lucy asks. “Why wouldn’t I be?” I ask. “Alright” she says not really believing me. “So how was Waynetta today?” she asks and I can’t even mutter a laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should Cristiano be ok after hearing what he just heard? Is it none of his business what Lucy does?

Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.