Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 47- Hormones or?

Lucy’s Pov

My phone rings as I zip my skirt. “I told you that I would text” I say into the phone. “Well good morning to you too” Elena says from the other side. “Oh sorry” Elena. I thought you were Cris. I have a doctor’s appointment today and he was talking about skipping training to come with me” I say. “Aw that’s sweet” she says. “I’ll phone him afterwards. How are you?” I ask. “I’m good. Give me a text when you are done and we can catch up before you go back to the office” she says. “Ok I will” I say.

This appointment is more about me than the baby but naturally I’m still anxious about the baby. After being examined I take a seat and wait for my doctor to come back in. “Now Lucy” she says coming back into the room and takes her seat behind her desk. “Everything is ok?” I ask. “Oh yes. It’s ok. I’d like you to weigh a little bit more but I know you had a lot of sickness the start of your pregnancy. But remember to get plenty of rest and eat plenty” she says. “I won’t. So I’m fine?” I ask. “Yes” she smiles. “That’s good. I’m eating all the recommended foods and avoiding what I should be. I’m only really starting to get my appetite back” I say.

“Well keep doing as you have being. Enjoy being pregnant. Trust me the next one will be even easier” she says. “There will be no next one” I say. “I said that too. But I couldn’t resist my husband. Even while pregnant. A bonus of pregnancy. A higher sex drive” she laughs. “Oh right” I say awkwardly. “And it’s perfectly safe for the baby. As long as you don’t overdo it. Just listen to your body” she says. “I will. So if that’s everything. I’ll be going” I say standing. I can’t wait to get away from this conversation.

“Hey foxy lady” Elena says when I reach her table in a coffee shop near my office. “Hi” I say shrugging off my jacket. “I need coffee. I didn’t get much sleep last night if you know what I mean” she smirks tasting her cappuccino. “Don’t you start. Why does everyone want to throw all the sex they are having in my face” I groan. “Ok missus what is up with you?” Elena asks. “Oh nothing. Just my doctor kept reminding me how fun sex is during pregnancy. I swear I nearly hit her” I say and Elena laughs. “It’s not funny. I swear every time I turn on the TV there’s a gorgeous guy on it or some sex god bloke walks past me” I say and naturally a blonde guy walks past our table and winks at us. “Someone needs to get laid badly” Elena says. “Elena” I gasp. “Well it sounds like it” she says.

“It’s just hormones. Urgh this pregnancy will make me crazy” I say. “You already are” she says and I roll my eyes. “Come on Luce. Like the last time you had sex was when?” she asked. I point at my stomach. “Jezz that long. But you were single for ages before you met Cris. Why is it so hard for you know?” she asks. “It wasn’t ages and all the reasons I just gave you” I say. “And you have Cris hanging around. In his footie gear. Looking hot in his sexy suits” she says and I hold my hand up to stop her talking. “Stop” I say and she laughs. “It’s not funny” I groan. “Hey I’m sure Cris would be more than happy to help you out” she says. “OK changing the subject now” I say.

“I like this one the most” I say to Matt hours later. “Ok” he grins picking up the picture. “I take it that was the one you wanted” I smile. “Yup” he grins as I look at my watch. “Clock watching for tonight?” he asks. “Waiting for my lunch. And I have so much to do before tonight” I say. “Are you sure you don’t want me to pick you up?” he asks. “No I’ll meet you there. It’s easier” I say as Lizzy storms into my office. “When did Josh become such a dickhead?” she asks. “Lizzy” Matt says. “Sorry when did you know who become such a dickhead?” she asks.

“What has he done now?” I ask. “Refusing to sign off on the Matthew’s account” she says. “I’ll sign it. I did more work than he did on it anyway” I say as she hands me a file. “I better go. I’ll see you later” Matt says as his phone rings and he rushes out of the room. “Ignore you know who Lizzy” I say to Lizzy.

“So you all set for tonight?” she asks. “How do you know about that?” I ask her. “It’s a small office” she says. “And Matt has a big mouth apparently. We agreed to keep it quiet” I say.

I hope tonight goes well. Even though I’m not really in the mood.
Cris comes with my lunch and I can’t help but get the impression that something is bothering him as he sits opposite me eating his lunch.

“Now that was a fun night” Matt says as the lift door opens. “Ya it was actually” I say walking down the hall towards my apartment. “Don’t sound that surprised Lucy. I’m lovely to be around” he smiles. “And love to remind me. But seriously tonight was fun. Normally I let Josh go to these type of functions” I say searching for my keys in my clutch. “And you got to spend time with a handsome man” he smiles. “There was that” I smile.

“So” Matt says as I push the door open. “Thank you for walking me up Matt” I say. “You look beautiful tonight Lucy” he smiles. “Thank you” I say. “The dress suits you” he says flicking something off my sleeve. “Thanks Matt. We both had a great night. Go home and get some sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow” I say. He walks off and I shut the door and head to my living room. It’s been a long day and I can’t wait to get out of my dress and into my bed. I begin to unhook my earrings with my bag under my arm. I yawn as I place the earrings on the table.

“He was right you know” a voice says as the light flicks on and I scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ArsenalFanKT ,ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.