Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 63- What's In A Name?

Cristiano’s Pov

“Ok I will wipe that smile of your face soon if you don’t stop” Pepe says as I turn my attention away from Lucy as she walks away from our table with Ana and back to my friend. “Huh” I say looking back to see Lucy exiting the bar. “Man you’ve got it bad” he says slapping my shoulder. “Shut up” I mumble. “Hey I’m just saying” he smiles and I roll my eyes. “It’s great to see you so happy mate. I mean when I first heard about Lucy all those months ago, I did think there was something about how you were acting but now months later and having listened to you talk about her and finally getting to meet her. Well I can see how much she means to you. And now you’re going to be a papa. Who would have thought that this time last year?” he laughs. “Not me” I sigh.

“What’s with the sigh? You’ve won the title, you scored today and you’ve got the girl of your dreams” he says. I wasn’t so sure about the later. Sure Lucy came today. And seeing her in a Portugal jersey looking so happy after the game was amazing. But while it feels like old times I know it’s not. Not to her anyway. “Cris” Pepe says. “It’s nothing. I’m just trying to convince Luce to come to Madeira with me” I say. “What’s stopping her?” he asks. “Lots of stuff” I say. “Come on man you’ve got to give me more than that” he says. “It’s complicated” I say. “So uncomplicated it” he says. “It’s not that simple” I say.

“You love her right?” he asks. “Yes” I say quickly. “That’s all you need to remember. Everything works out eventually. Everything happens for a reason” he says. “Love always wins” I mumble. “Exactly” he says. “Have you been reading Ana’s chic books again?” I ask. “No, but I may have actually listened to a few things she has said. You know no relationship is perfect. Others have issues too” he says. “I didn’t think you and Ana were having issues” I say. “We aren’t. Well not anymore I think. Really it was just something small. But if you don’t work the small things out, they can turn big” he says.

“The things between Lucy and I isn’t something small” I say. “Well then try and make them small. Look you two are having a kid soon. And you both clearly love each other” he says. “She’s too stubborn to admit it at the moment but I know she does. She has to” I sigh. “Ok don’t get mad but what could you have done that was so bad? You didn’t……” he asks. “No but she thinks I did” I say knowing he was talking about cheating. “Ouch that’s crap. At least if you had then you’d probably deserve any crap you’ve being getting but damn when you didn’t well then that’s just crap” he says. “It’s more than crap” I sigh. “She’s here sitting beside you. You and her look like any other couple in love. I really don’t think it’s as bad as you think” he says. “She’s being through a lot these last few months. We both have but she has even more. I just thought if she came to Madeira, she would have space and time to think. And well” I sigh.

“So you and her aren’t actually together right now?” Pepe asks. “It’s complicated” I say. “Cris” he says. “No we aren’t. Well not for her anyway” I admit. “Man you really don’t do things by half at times” he smiles. “Why do things the easy way?” I shrug. “It will work out Cris” he says. “What makes you so sure?” I ask. “I’ve just watched the two of you together for the past four hours. She doesn’t have a look of not caring about you” he says. “What about loving me?” I ask. “I’m sure she’ll get their again” he smiles. “Me too. Where are they?” I ask looking towards the door. “You know what girls are like yack yack yack” Pepe says and I laugh as he’s completely forgotten the chat we just had. “I’ll be back in a sec” I say standing. “They’ll be back in a minute” he says. “Something might be wrong” I say. “You’re just worrying for nothing” he says as I leave the table.

I make my way out of the bar and freeze on the spot. “No” I whisper quickly making my way towards the three women. “Oh Óle Cristiano” Merche smiles at me. “I was just telling Ana how nice it is to see her again” she says as I can’t take my eyes off Lucy. “Well we should get back to Pepe before he gets himself into trouble” Ana jokes. “Nice to see you again Lucy. You’re looking a little different. I bet you can’t wait to be skinny again” Merche smirks. “Enjoy the rest of your night” Ana says and practically pulls Lucy away. “Someone appears to have lost their voice” Merche says to me. “Maybe you should too. Get lost Merche” I snap rushing back to the bar.

“Hey I was just following Ana upstairs” Pepe says when I reach the table. “Where are they gone?” I ask. “Lucy said she was tired. I thought you bumped into them” he says. The door of the hotel suite opens as I near it and Ana exits. “Is she ok?” I ask. “She’s tired. What was that downstairs?” she asks. “It’s….” I struggle to explain. “You know I always thought you were an idiot to date Merche but you’d be a fool to let her try and tear you and Lucy apart. Night” she says. I call out when I enter the two bedroom suite. I find Lucy pulling back the bed covers of one of the beds. “Luce” I say. “I’m tired and I really don’t want to talk right now” she snaps. “Luce” I say. “Why?” she asks. “Why what?” I ask. “Why does she keep turning up? If you want her then go to her. You don’t have to try and manage the two of us at the same time” she says. “I didn’t know she was going to be here. I haven’t spoken to her. I don’t want her. I want you” I say. “Just go and let me sleep” she says. I feel sick at the thought of all the good between us lately going down the drain.

***********************************5 weeks later*********************************

“Good run?” Zé asks as I run up the steps towards my house. “Fine” I shrug as he hands me a bottle of water. It has been five weeks since Lucy had come to Lisbon. I had gone to Madeira and she went back to England. Any chance of her coming with me, were after the run in with Merche. “Come on let’s get inside” Zé says. “Think I’ll stay out here a bit longer” I say. “Get into the house before I kick your moping face” he says and I follow him in confusion into the house. “What is going on Zé?” I ask as we head to the kitchen. “Elena” I say in shock at the sight of the blonde woman talking to Katia. “Hey Cris” she smiles at me. “Hi” I mumble and she laughs.

“Tío Cris, tíó Cris. Lucy is here, Lucy is here” he shouts in excitement as he comes rushing into the room. “Luce” I say in shock as she follows him. “Hi” I say. “Hi” she replies. “I was in need of some sun, so I thought, hey I know where we could go” Elena jokes. “And apparently go on her own” Lucy mumbles. “Lucy and I are going to the beach” Rodrigo smiles clearly happy to see Lucy. “We’ll follow you down. I need to get into my swimsuit and your uncle here needs a shower. Oh sticky” she says and Rodrigo laughs. “Let’s go Rodrigo” Lucy says. “Hi. Is that all you can say to her?” Elena asks smacking the back of my head. “Hey” I say. “Has he always being this stupid?” she asks Katia. “What did you want me to say?” I ask. “You silly fool” she says shaking her head. “She won’t listen to me if I tried. I’ve told her hundreds of times that I never cheated on her” I say. “And she knows that” Elena says. “What?” I ask wondering if I heard that correctly. “She has always known I think. Well doubted it was true a lot more than other people. But it doesn’t help when certain cows turn keep phoning you or turning up in the same place” Elena says.

“She believes me” I say in a whisper. “Some days yes then no on others. God Cris the two of you need to talk” she says annoyed. “She believes me” I smile. “Where are you going?” Katia asks. “For a shower. I can’t talk to her when I stick” I smile. “Cris her head is messed up. She might not have meant it” Elena says. “But she wants it to be true. I know she does” I say.

“So any guesses on what you are having?” Katia asks Lucy later that night. I didn’t get near Lucy to talk to her alone. Actually it looked like she was trying to make sure we weren’t alone. “Not really” Lucy replies. “What about names?” Elma asks. “Luna is a pretty name” Katia says. “Or Luca” Elma says. “No names beginning with L” I say. “No Leo then” Katia smirks at me. “Jon would be nice” Elma says. “Or Jane” Maé says. “Jon Smith has a nice ring to it” Lucy laughs. “Smith” Katia says looking at me.

“There’s plenty of time to choose a name. Anyone like another drink?” I ask making my way to the kitchen. “Cris” I hear Katia say as I pull open the fridge door. “It’s nothing” I say trying not to show any disappointment at Lucy’s words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of little chats for Cristiano but he still hasn't had the one he really needs to have with Lucy. Now she is on the Island will it make a difference? And will Lucy every find out why Merche always turns up? Does Cristiano know more than he's letting on?

Thanks to Saoirse710,realmadrid0bsessed,Irwin. and Jayme112234 for their comments.