Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 9- Hope

Cristiano’s Pov

“Well that went well” Nuno says as I watch Lucy walk away from me. “Don’t. I’m not in the mood” I say getting into the car.

“Man she did not look happy to see you” Nuno says. “I said I don’t want to talk about it” I snap. I hit the steering wheel. “Fuck” I say.

“I knew she was angry but damn I thought she might give me a chance to talk if she just saw me” I say. “She’s hurt. She thinks you cheated on her. And lied” Nuno says. “I never lied about loving her. I just need her to see that” I say.

“It’s going to be hard when everyone around her seems to want to keep the two of you apart” Nuno says. “Did you see that jackass Matt? Who the fuck does he think he his telling me to stay away from her. That she didn’t want to talk to me” I say.

“He’s just looking out for his friend” Nuno says. “More likely he wants a shot with her” I say.

“Cris, she’s single. She can date who ever she likes. You know that” Nuno says. “I don’t want to think about her with someone else. I’m not giving up on her” I say. “What did she mean about your teammates?” Nuno asks. “I don’t know but I intend to find out” I say.

I head to the train station to head to London with the rest of the team. I end up sitting with John O’ Shea. Wazza and a few of the others seem to be avoiding me. I’ll give them to the time we get to the hotel. Then I’m going to find out what the hell they did.

I knock on the door. “Hey Ronnie” Mike says opening his hotel door. I push past him and find Rio, Wayne and Darren in the room. “What the fuck did you lot do?” I ask and they all bow their heads.
“What do you mean?” Rio asks. “Stop acting like I’m stupid you lot have been avoiding me. I know you’ve done something” I say. “You’re imagine things Ronnie lad” Rio says. “One I saw Lucy today. And two she’s so angry at me and you lot. So start talking” I yell.

“It was Rio’s idea” Nani says. “Hey” Rio says. “Answer my question” I yell. “It wasn’t just me. They all came too” Rio says gesturing to the lads. “I swear I’m going to kill you lot” I say. “We tricked Lucy into meeting us today” Wayne eventually says. “How?” I ask. “Rio arranged a meeting to discuss a potential restaurant. And maybe she could help” Wayne says.

“She didn’t know it was you” I say. “No. And she was a little unhappy about it” he says. “A little. Heck I thought she was going to hit Rio there for a minute” Darren says. “That’s because he called her insane” Mike says. “What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you keep calling Lucy insane?” I shout. “She was being a bitch. Ok I wasn’t thinking” Rio says.

“You wasted her time. She had every right to be a bitch to you” I shout. “We didn’t really think about wasting her time” Mike says. “Why the fuck did ye go see her anyway?” I ask taking a seat on one of the beds. “Because you’ve been a right miserable git without her” Rio chimes in. “Thanks” I say sighing.
“We just wanted her to speak to you. That’s all. “Is there any point in asking what she said?” I ask and they all look at each other. “That good huh” I say.

“Well she did a lot of yelling about you and Merche” Mike says. “There is no me and Merche” I say. “Will she thinks there is” Wayne says.

“What else?” I ask. “She told us if you are so miserable then we should find you someone else” Darren says. “Fuck” I say. “She said she was insane” Darren says. “Darren” Wayne warns. “Let him talk” I say. “She said she was insane for ever trusting you” he says.

“She’ll never forgive me” I say. “Look we’re sorry. We were just trying to help” Wayne says. “Part of me wishes I had thought of it” I say standing. “Wait you said you saw Lucy today” Wayne says.

I stop at the door. “I waited outside her office earlier. She just told me to leave her alone” I say. “At least she didn’t slap you in the face or cut your clothes up” Rio says and Mike digs him into the side. “Sorry man” Wayne says. “Ya sorry Ronnie. And I’m sorry for calling her insane” Rio says. “Again” I say.

******************Wednesday********************************

“Let’s go out” Rio says as I change. “Nah” I say. We just won in the Champion League group stages and I just wanted to get home. “Lads tell him he has to come” Rio shouts. “Ya Ronnie come” Nani says. “Operation cheer up Ronnie has already failed” Wazza jokes to Rio. “Will ye piss off” I say heading out of the stadium to meet Nuno. “I swear woman were created to make our lives hard” Rio says beside me. “I’ll tell you missus that, will I” I say. “Nuno, tell him he’s coming out tonight” Nani says as Nuno appears.

“He’s going. You need some fun” Nuno says to me. “I’m not in the mood” I say. “Do you think Lucy is pining at home” Nuno says. “I’d rather not think about where or who she is with” I say not wanting to think about the way Matt was around her.

“Tell him” Rio says to Wazza. “Shut up Rio” he says. “Tell me what?” I ask. “I knew I shouldn’t have told you” Wayne wines. “Well that’s what you get for not listening to Coleen” Rio smirks. “Guys” I say. “The other night Coleen and I were talking in bed” Wayne says. “The bed isn’t for talking Wazza” Nani jokes. “Fuck you” Wayne replies.

“Guys seriously tell me what” I say. “Well after she yelled at me for tricking Lucy on Friday. Although she also thought it was sweet, but we’re still idiots” he says. “Wayne” I say. “Coleen got the impression that she was having doubts about whether or not you cheated on her” he says.

“Really” I say in shock. “A little ya. I don’t know. Coleen reckons you shouldn’t give up that’s all” Wayne says. “Why are you only telling me this now?” I ask.

“I didn’t want to get you hopes up” he says. “But it’s ok now” I say. “He brought it up” he says looking at Rio. “Look Ronnie knows she’s having doubts. Now he’ll be happy. Which will make him want to come out” Rio grins.

“Ok will make him even more determined to speak to Lucy” Nuno says. “I hope she’s having doubts. If I could just talk to her” I say. “Look let’s go and have some fun. Worry about Lucy in the morning” Rio says.
“Let’s go” I smile. “Finally” Rios says slapping me on the back.

“You’re forgetting something” Nuno says as the others walk ahead. “What?” I ask. “The reason Lucy was at the house that day. She found out you lied about when you dropped the charges against Tina” Nuno says.

“She doesn’t trust me, I know. But I’m going to change that” I say. “She thinks it was all pretend” Nuno says. “It’s not just the cheating she’s angry at. Fuck” I say.

“Look let’s just focus on the good things. You’ve finally seen her in person. Granted she just yelled at you but you hadn’t seen her weeks before Friday. It’s a step in the right direction” he says.

“I don’t care how long I have to wait. Lucy and I will be together” I say.
My phone begins to ring. “Fuck” I say. I look at the clock. Two o’clock. Man I’ve only less than an hour I think as I reach out for my phone. Who the hell is calling?

“What?” I say into the phone
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Cristiano lucky to have his friends? Will he get to tell Lucy he's side of the story?

Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.