The Black Parade: Story of a Girl

Cutting Won't Bring Her Back; We Agree

There on his arms were dozens of little cuts and scars and what scarred me the most: Two long slits that were still bloody.

"Gerard! What's wrong with you?" I asked jumping off the bed. He grabbed for my arms these time in a brutal fashion.

"What's wrong with me? How about you show me your own wrists Reba?" He hissed with a knowing look coming out from under his eyelashes.

"Fine, I have nothing to hide!" I hiss back. And I shove my arm in his face and he examined it.

"What do you mean you have nothing to hide, Reba?" He asked quite now that he was interested in something.

"I told her. She knew that I cut. And that's why there's nothing new. If i ever had a problem she knew about and helped me through it." I said and the tears started to swell in the corners of my eyes at talking about Helena. But then again I smile at the nickname we gave her.

"So she knew about me too?" Gee questioned me. And I felt a cool wetness on my arm that he was holding. "No, I never told her Gerard I swore to yo-" I began but I was cut off by a knocking on the door.

"Can I come In?" Asked Mrs. Way. But by the time I said sure Gee had his coat on and sidestepped out the door. "Oh, did I interrupt?" She asked looking more distraught then before.

"Mrs. Way, Gee his just very upset about Elena. And we were talking and......" I didn't know how to finish this whole day was talking its toll on me.

"Oh then go ahead, I think he's on the back patio." She said. "Thank you. " I said and began to step out when Mrs. way stopped me. "Reba, the whole family would like to thank you for helping Gerard out this week." She said. I simply nodded and walked to the patio.

"Where's that damn lighter?" I hear Gerard say and laugh quitely to myself.

"If you remember you through it out last night swearing to high heaven that you were quitting?" I said and stood next to him.

"Oh, do you have a lighter then?" He asked me.

"Yeah, and about 'what we do' i never told her." I said handing him my lighter.

"I believe you." He said and lighting the Marlboro Light.