Status: just messing around with ideas

Blame It All on My Roots

Chapter 2

"Wills, she was the most stunning girl I've ever seen." "And you wooed her by trying to get her to go home with you?." William said sarcastically. "Well, yea." "Oh Haz you have a lot to learn." "I've got to see her again." "She's probably not going to want to see the wanker that tried to get in her pants again." William laughed.

"Mag are you ill? You really turned the bloody prince down?!" Carolina half shrieked. "Just because he's good looking and a prince doesn't mean I'm gonna give him a free pass. I prefer to love before ever making love." "Making love? Are you 70?" Eliza snickered from her desk. "Call me old fashioned, its just how I am." I laughed adjusting my curls. "Mag, are you ready to go meet Kate Middleton and her closet?" Lorraine joked coming into the office. "Yes just let me get my bag." I said buttoning my coat. I had a very ladylike style for today. A simple cream blouse, black skirt, brown coat that fell in a perfect vintage style, crimson suede heels and matching crimson lips with some loose curls. The air was chilly, but the spring was slowly beginning to break through, I noticed before climbing into my black Volvo XC90 with Lorraine.

"William that's her!" Harry whispered in the hallway next to the sitting room Kate sat in with two guests. "Must be fate." William laughed before going back to the study. Harry stayed looking in, admiring Magnolia. Besides looking beautiful she looked incredibly intelligent as she spoke with Kate.
"Oh Harry! I didn't see you there." Kate exclaimed turning her head towards the tall ginger in the doorway. "Mrs. DeSepps and Ms. Sterling this is Harry." "Mrs. DeSepps its a pleasure, Ms. Sterling its wonderful to see you again." "Oh you two know each other?" "I met Magnolia at the Institute's benefit last Saturday."

He flashed me a flirty smile, but I wasn't interested that way. I stayed polite and returned a smile, before resuming my talk with Kate, while Lorraine spoke to Harry.

"Thank you for your generosity Kate." I said shaking her hand. "It's no bother, I'm glad the gowns will be of use to the Institute." "I'll walk you ladies out." Harry said standing up abruptly. "I would love to see you again, Magnolia." Harry said in a low voice so Lorraine didn't hear. "With my work, we're bound to see each other again." "May I give you a ring sometime?" He pleaded. I pulled a loose business card out of my purse and handed it to him before getting into the car.

"Miss Magnolia Sterling?" a thick accent spoke through the phone. "This is she. May I ask who's calling?" "I'm-its Harry." "Oh," I chuckled. "How are you tonight?" I asked to fill the awkward void. More silence. "I want to apologize for my behavior last Saturday." He said quickly after taking a long breath, "I would like to ask you to dinner sometime, Magnolia and ask for a clean start." I weighed my options, I had been in London for over a year and had been on just two dates. What could possibly go wrong with just dinner? So I softly responded, "Yes." "Yes? Really?" "Yes Harry, I will go to dinner with you."