Sequel: He Has My Heart
Status: I have two accounts on blackveilbridesfanfiction.com under the names tina and tinamoli

Is He for Me?

Chapter Twenty Three: Happy Birthday

Ashleys POV

Today was Rileys birthday. I woke up with my body wrapped around hers. I wanted to let her sleep a little longer since it was going to be a long day. I got myself ready and put on jean shorts and a black t-shirt. I searched through my suitcase and found the first part of Rileys present. I knew that one of her favourite bands - other than Black Veil Brides - Simple Plan was playing at The Bell Center later this year. I bought us tickets to Montreal, Canada and V.I.P tickets to the show and we get to go backstage after the show. She was going to love them.
I looked at Riley and was still sleeping soundly. I placed the box with the tickets in it next to her. I kissed her forehead and she stirred. I positioned myself over her as her eyes opened and squinted at the sunlight.
"Happy birthday gorgeous" I said kissing her cheek.
"Nooo, can't I stay 22?" She said covering her face.
"Riles, you're not meant to worry about age till you're 30" I said pulling the covers away from her.
"Do you want the first surprise of the day or not?" I said getting off of her and grabbing her present off the bed.
"First surprise?" She perked up.
"Have to chase me for it!" I said running out of the bedroom and running downstairs.
"This is so unfair" I heard her say as she climbed out of the bed.
I stopped when I got to deck and when she caught up to me she looked at me with suspicion.
"No games, it is for you after all" I said holding it out in front of me.
She snatched it from my hands and tugged on the ribbon.
"OH MY FUCKING GOD!! OHH MY GOD! ASH!" She was practically radiating excitement. "Ashley, this is way too much!" She said taking all the stuff out the box. She found the V.I.P passes and was shaking. I couldn't stop smiling, her reaction to it could not have gone better.
She put all the stuff back in the box and bear hugged me.
"Thank you Ashley. I love you" she said and kissed me deeply.
"I love you too" I said when she pulled away.
"Now, you need to get dressed, wear shorts" she gave me an odd look.
"Why?"
"Cause they'll be more comfortable, trust me" I said slapping her ass as she walked away from me.
"Hey!"
"You're still gorgeous" she blushed as she headed back to the bedroom.
When she came out she was wearing blue jean shorts, white tank top with a black and grey sugar skull design and black vans.
"So where are we going" she asked as we walked out the door.
"Well first, we'll get something to eat and then comes the next surprise" I said getting into the car.
"Ash, its gonna be hard to top what you already gave me" she said smiling.
"Ohh we'll see" I said backing out of the driveway.
After we got something to eat we headed to Santa Monica. It worked out well because one of my tattoo artists worked in a parlour there and I wanted us to get a tattoo.
As I pulled up in front of the tattoo shop I got a little nervous. Riley only had one other tattoo, people usually plan out every little detail, but this was for both of us.
"So you know the song 'The Legacy'" I said as I killed the engine.
"Of course."
"How do you feel about getting some of its lyrics tattooed with me?" I asked, feeling anxious.
"With you? So like we'd have a couples tattoo? Something that would be ours?"
"Yeah, the lyrics seem fitting for us" I said relaxing a little.
"What part of the song?"
"'Partners in crime will leave their mark' and then I want to put a red heart representing you and three diagonal lines, representing my war paint. We'd both have it" I said excitedly.
She smiled "Sounds good" I smiled in relief and kissed her.
We walked into the shop and I was greeted by my artist Jackson.
"Hey Ashley, right on time, I just finished up with a client" Jackson said motioning us to join him at his station.
"Hey Jackson, I would like you to officially meet my girlfriend Riley, who you will also be tattooing today" I said as they shook hands.
"So your infamous Riley that Ashley talks about. Sounds like he is one lucky man" Jackson laughed.
"I consider myself the lucky one" she said and smiled. She was making me blush.
We picked out a lettering that we both liked and I had already decided on the placement.
Riley was getting the 'partners in crime' bit on the side of her right hand with the heart and warpaint on the side of her pinkie finger. And I would get the 'will leave their mark' on the side on my left hand with the same mark on the side of my pinkie finger.
Once we were done I thanked Jackson and we headed back to car.
"This is awesome Ash! What made you want to get a tattoo for us?" Riley asked.
"You're my everything, you have left your mark on me and I will never be the same if you were to leave" I said starting the car.
"Ashley, you are my everything, I love you so much."
"I love you" I said back to her. "I have another surprise."
"Ash, come on, you've already done so much for me."
"There was another reason we can to Santa Monica" I grinned.
"There is?"
She figured it out as we neared the beach and she saw the lights of the Santa Monica Pier.
"Oh my God, Ashley! Are you serious?!" She couldn't sit still.
I parked the car and she couldn't wait to check it out.
I remember her saying that she rode the NASCAR rollercoaster a couple times when she was in Las Vegas and since then she has been an adrenaline junkie for rides. That and she had never been to the Santa Monica Pier.
I checked the time on my phone. 5:30. Plenty of time. Still had one more surprise.
"Come on Ash! We have to ride the rollercoaster!" She said tugging my arm, wanting me to move faster.
"Chill Riles, we'll ride everything. We'll do everything you want" I said kissing her cheek.
She was like a kid in a candy store. It was actually quite cute.
We went on all the thrill rides and I had to admit I was kind of scared, but Riley made me.
It was honestly the best day and was going to get better again. The last ride we went on was the ferris wheel. We had spent two hours riding everything else and decided on something more relaxing.
"Thank you for today Ash. Honestly, the best day of my life and I'm glad I got to do it all with you" she said, kissing my lightly on the cheek, so she wouldn't offend the other couple in the cart with us.
"You are more than welcome Riles. You deserve everything and I'm going to do my best to give you everything I can. I love you" I said kissing her forehead.
I asked the other couple to take a photo of us when we were at the highest peak so we could get the sunset in the background. I don't think I had ever seen Riley smile so much in a day.
We headed home and Riley pretty much slept the whole way home. I hope she wasn't too tired, she needed to be awake for the last surprise.
I pulled up at my house and noticed two of the bands Hummers parked nearby, but Riley didn't pay any attention to them.
I gave her the key to open the house and I heard everyone yell 'Surprise' to Riley. She looked back at me and blushed.