‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

35: Making A New Friend

“Can you see papa, Thiago?” Olivia posed as she settled into her seat, her blue eyes peering down at the pitch where Iker lined up beside his teammates, a little smile playing on his face. It had been a few weeks since they had married in secret, a few blissfully happy weeks, and Olivia doubted she could have been more content. They were settled, their lives seemed quite stable, and Olivia doubted she had ever felt happier. It wasn’t how she had thought it would pan out, when she had first seen the photographs of Iker and Delilah, she had been sure that she would never accept the keeper back again, but she was pleased that he had broken her resolve, even if it did mean that they had moved away from everything they knew. She was pleased that Iker had never given up on her.

Thiago, who was sat in the seat beside his mother, grinned, his little hand motioning to the keeper. “Papa” he chirped.

“Yes it is” Olivia smiled “Aren’t you getting to be a clever little boy?” she cooed.

Thiago smiled proudly and clapped his little hands together, drawing the attention of the man who sat beside them who smiled fondly at the toddler. “He’s a handsome boy” he commented in a smooth American accent.

Olivia, who had turned to collect a bottle for Thiago, turned, smiling at the man. “Gracias” she noted graciously “He definitely got his looks from his papa, but you’re very kind for saying so” she added, ensuring that Thiago’s hat kept his face out of the sun.

The man shook his head. “I think he looks very much like you” he commented, flashing a dashing smile “He’s very beautiful like his mother” he added.

Olivia blushed gently. “Thank you” she cooed “I’m Olivia Garcia” she added, jutting her hand out to the blonde man who was quick to take it, pressing a gentle kiss to the tanned skin.

“Riley Anderson” the man noted “I’m hoping to join the coaching staff with LA Galaxy and so they invited me to a complimentary game to check out the team. What brings a pretty girl like you here, and in the VIP section no less” Riley grinned.

“My…boyfriend is in the team” Olivia smiled gently, glad that she was able to keep herself in check. It was strange, the idea that she was married to Iker but wasn’t allowed to admit it, and it had taken a little bit of rehearsal. For the first few days, she had struggled to keep herself in line, something which Iker had found endlessly funny.

Riley nodded. “I bet I know which one” he quipped, a grin on his face.

“I doubt it” Olivia teased. She didn’t quite know what it was about Riley, but she felt relaxed around him, something she hadn’t done around any of the other people she had met in attending Iker’s matches. Riley was certainly the first one who hadn’t made her feel out of place.

Riley seemed to think for a moment before a grin appeared on his face. “You’re Iker Casillas’ girlfriend” he smirked proudly.

Olivia gaped. “How could you possibly know that?” she poked.

Riley grinned. “You said ‘gracias’ earlier, suggesting that you are Spanish, and your son is wearing a little Casillas jersey. Now unless your boyfriend doesn’t mind you pining after other guys, you’re his girlfriend” he noted.

Olivia giggled. “You’re very observant” she mused gently.

“It’s part of being a coach” Riley quipped “You have to spot a problem and that means being observant” he pointed out.

Olivia nodded her head before the stadium let out a small cheer, making her peek down at the pitch, smiling as Iker made a save.

Riley admired her smile. He could see why Iker spoke so fondly of her.

~#~
“You waiting for Iker?” Riley posed as he padded down the hall way, greeting Olivia and Thiago with a soft grin. He had enjoyed spending the game with them, Olivia was a sweet girl and Thiago was an adorable little boy, and he hoped he got to spend more time with them. Olivia was the first person he had spoken to properly since he had arrived in LA and he didn’t want their first conversation to be their last.

Olivia nodded. “He’s taking us to dinner before we go home” she noted softly “Besides, I need him to calm Thiago down. I don’t know what it is about these matches, but the only person that can calm him down afterwards is his papi” she explained, gesturing to the toddler who stood at her side, babbling the word ‘papa’ every few seconds.

Riley smiled down at the little boy before he turned his attention back to the pretty Spanish girl who held onto him. “Do you think we could go for coffee sometime?” he posed gently.

Olivia quirked a brow. “Riley…”

“Not as a date, Olivia” Riley interjected gently, shaking his head “I have just moved here, you see, and I don’t exactly know many people. I would just…”

“Oli?” Iker’s voice was a little sharp as he padded up the corridor.

“Iker” Olivia replied “This is Riley, he’s hoping to become a coach here and was sat with me and Thiago during the game. Riley, this Iker” she noted.

Iker offered the other man a pointed stare, not liking the proximity that he had to Olivia, before he turned to his wife, greeting her with a soft kiss designed mostly to put the other man off. He knew that it was petty, for all he knew, Riley could have had no interest in Olivia whatsoever, but he wanted to play it safe. Olivia was his wife, the girl he loved, and he wasn’t about to let any other man get ideas about her. Iker had little intention of letting Olivia go again.

Olivia kissed him back briefly before she tugged back, offering a sheepish look to Riley. “I’ll call you about the coffee, Riley” she noted gently, even despite the look that had appeared on Iker’s face “Perhaps we can set something up next week?” she suggested.

Riley offered her a small smile before he bid the small family goodbye, leaving Iker and his wife alone.

“Iker, he’s just a guy who’s looking for a friend” Olivia noted, moving to lift Thiago up “He just wants to go for coffee” she added.

Iker scoffed. “There’s no way I am letting you go anywhere with a man I don’t know who looks at you in the way I look you. Oli, it’s not happening” he muttered before he stalked off ahead of her, making Olivia roll her eyes, disliking the way that he could become jealous for seemingly something as little as the way someone looked at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, Luuuc_19 and FootieJo for the comments :)