‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

38: Kiss Me Slowly

“Mama, no” Thiago grumbled as Olivia moved to settle him down in his bed for the night. It wasn’t what he wanted, after spending the day with his parents, the little boy was in no mood to go to sleep, but Olivia needed him too. It was silly, since they were married, there was no real need to celebrate the day that they had gotten back together, but Iker was insistent, hence Olivia’s desire for Thiago to go down to sleep with little fuss. It was early, Olivia and Iker had reconciled in July as opposed to May, but the keeper didn’t want Olivia feeling self-conscious, nor did he want to run the risk that she could go into labour. He just wanted to share a quiet night out with his wife.

“Thiago, you need to go to sleep OK?” Olivia whispered as she laid the little boy down “Mrs Young is going to look after you for a little while and I don’t want her telling me that you’ve been a naughty boy” she added gently. Part of her found it sweet, the idea that Thiago didn’t want to be separated from his mother or father, but in that moment, it was slightly frustrating. It felt like forever since she had had Iker to herself, even if it had only been a couple of months or so, and she wanted the chance to enjoy a night out with her husband, something which Thiago’s fussiness was preventing.

“No” Thiago repeated, shaking his head “Mama, no” he added.

Olivia sighed. “Mi hijo, please” she whispered.

“He not going down?” Iker posed from the door way, a small smile on his face. It was easily one of his favourite things, seeing Olivia and Thiago together, and he was sure that it would only get better once their daughter was born. He was slowly building a wonderful family and couldn’t quite believe that they were his.

“Nope” Olivia mused gently “He’s insisting that he doesn’t want to go to sleep” she added.

Iker smiled and stepped into the room, smiling down at Thiago who held out his little arms for a hug. “Do you just want one more hug before you go to sleep, little one?” he mused.

Thiago nodded, something which made Iker chuckle a little.

“What are you laughing for?” Olivia mused as she watched Iker lift their son into his arms.

Iker smiled. “He’s so much like you, is all” he commented softly, hugging the one-year-old close.

Olivia shook her head. “He’s very much like you” she commented gently “Both in looks and personality. He’s stubborn yet he’s quite shy and reserved. He has the most adorable little smile too. He’s very much your son” she smiled as she brushed her fingers lightly thought Thiago’s dark hair.

“Our son” Iker whispered, noting the sleepy look on Thiago’s face.

Olivia nodded her head in agreement before she quietly took the toddler out of the keeper’s arms, settling him down in his bed for the night. “We should go before he wakes up again” Olivia whispered as she dropped a tender kiss onto Thiago’s head.

Iker nodded his head and helped his wife out of the room, his dark eyes sparing another look back to Thiago who was quietly sleeping, a sight that earned another smile from the goalkeeper. He adored his son and knew it would be the same when their daughter came along.

~#~
“You know you didn’t have to go through all of this, Iker” Olivia whispered as she held Iker’s hand tightly, allowing him to lead her through the quiet streets. It had been a wonderful night, Iker had taken her to a lovely restaurant and listened to her like she was the most fascinating being on the planet, and Olivia doubted she could have had a better night. It was a pleasant reminder of the way things had been when they’d first gotten together.

“I know” Iker smiled “But you’re my wife and I want the chance to spoil you, something which will probably get a little more difficult once our little princesa has arrived” he added, his hand gently brushing over the large bump which protruded from beneath her dress.

Olivia nodded. “I understand that, but we could have easily done that next week for your birthday” she noted, referring to keeper’s 37th birthday which was the following week.

Iker shook his head. “For my birthday, I want to spend the day at home with you and Thiago. My parents and Unai are flying over, as are Sergio and Pilar and that it all I want. I don’t want too much fuss” he explained, turning a corner and leading her back towards the restaurant so they could collect the car from the valet.

“Can you believe that you’re almost 40?” Olivia poked, a teasing smile on her face.

Iker rolled his eyes. “You’re not a million miles away, Oli” he quipped.

“I’ve still got 7 years yet” Olivia replied smartly.

Iker shook his head. “Do you mind not telling me that I am old?” he posed gently.

Olivia smiled. “You’re still very good looking” she pointed out.

Iker smiled fondly. “Gracias, mi querida” he mused, squeezing her hand.

Olivia shook her head. “You don’t have to thank me for that. I am sure there are thousands of women that would love to be with you” she added.

Iker smiled and pulled her to a stop, his hands resting gently on her hips. “It’s a shame for them then that the only woman I want to be with is stood right here then isn’t it?” he posed gently, offering her a warm grin.

Olivia blushed. “You really have to stop saying cute things like that. In my hormonal state, it makes me want to jump you here and now” she admitted embarrassedly.

Iker chuckled. “Really?” he teased.

“Well, I wanted to jump you earlier when I saw you putting your shirt on, so I wouldn’t judge anything buy it” she defended meekly.

Iker chuckled and stepped a little closer to her, ducking his head to press a tempting kiss against her lips that Olivia was quick to reciprocate. It made him grin, the fact that their flirty teasing was still present, and it made him ever surer that Olivia was the one for him. She was everything he wanted and was ever gladder that she had taken him back. He didn’t know what he would have done without her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)