‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

50: Showing Off

“You have no idea how much I want to get you out of that dress right now” Iker mumbled as he stepped up behind Olivia, his hands settling on her hips. It had been a couple of weeks, and a timely visit by Iker’s parents to confirm a few more details ahead of the wedding had provided Iker with the chance to have his wife to himself for her birthday, something he had been looking forwards to immeasurably. He loved their children, Thiago and Catalina were exceedingly important to him, but he needed a break to reacquaint himself with his wife, something he wasn’t afforded the opportunity to do very often.

Olivia, who had been quietly getting herself ready for the dinner he had insisted on taking her too, smirked. “You were the one who insisted on going out, Iker” she mused, running her fingers through her hair, ensuring that it looked just right.

Iker shook his head. “I wish I hadn’t” he mumbled.

Olivia smiled, her blue eyes watching his reflection in the mirror. “You’re not letting the reservation you made go to waste, Iker” she mused softly, studying his face “You said you worked hard to ensure that you got them just right” she added, moving to bite down on her lip softly. It was still strange, the idea that Iker could give her butterflies, but often just the slightest look at his face evoked the response from her, something she couldn’t help but marvel at. It had been almost a decade since they’d met and somehow, every time he looked at her, it still felt like the first.

Iker nodded. “I did work hard to get them” he noted “But then I saw you in that dress and I now want to throw them out of the window” he admitted with a little smile.

Olivia shook her head. “We have one night to ourselves, Iker” she mused, turning to look at him properly “Do you really want to waste it in bed?” she posed, raising her eyebrow.

Iker chuckled. “Waste it? Olivia, a night in bed is a lot of things, but a waste of time? We both know that it certainly isn’t that” he teased, gently brushing the brown hair out of her eyes.

Olivia’s pale cheeks flushed.

Iker marvelled at the hint of colour of her cheeks before he leant in, kissing both of her cheeks gently. “I love that I can still do that” he mused.

“What has gotten into you tonight?” Olivia posed, taking a step back so that she could move to find her shoes.

“Can’t I just be happy to be with you?” Iker quipped, sitting at the foot of their bed.

“I am not complaining” Olivia noted, waving her hands gently “I am just a little caught off guard. You’ve not been this affectionate since the day that we got married and that was months ago” she explained gently.

Iker shrugged. “Perhaps it is because it is your birthday or perhaps it is because of the upcoming wedding, I don’t know, but I do know that you look truly wonderful tonight and it has served as a wonderful reminder of just how lucky I am to have you, Oli” he explained with a little smile on his face.

Olivia chewed her lip. “You really think so?” she posed timidly.

Iker nodded. “Undoubtedly” he enthused, moving to wrap her jacket around her shoulders “I love you” he added impishly.

Olivia shook her head gently and moved to place a kiss on his lips, mumbling the same 3 words back to him gently.

~#~
“You did all of this?” Olivia murmured as she surveyed the secluded spot that Iker had set up for them. It was beautiful, the table for two over looked a small stretch of water and was decorated with small candles and flowers, something which had left Olivia a little speechless. It wasn’t Iker’s style, he’d never been one for large romantic gestures unless he was trying to make up for something, and Olivia couldn’t quite believe that he had gone to so much effort. It was a marked difference from the last few birthdays that she had shared with him which had been predominantly family occasions.

“Yes” Iker noted softly “I got to thinking when you were in Madrid that you and I never really got to have a romantic birthday celebration. The first one was ruined by Isobel, we glossed over mine because of the Euros and after that, they all became about Thiago and now Catalina. I thought, this year, before the wedding, I could have you to myself” he explained with a little shrug.

Olivia smiled. “When did you become so romantic?” she teased.

“I’ve always been romantic, Oli” he replied gently “This is just me showing off” he added with a smile.

Olivia smiled at him gently before she stepped towards him, gently placing her hands on his shoulders. “It’s wonderful” she mused softly.

“I know” he muttered.

Olivia rolled her eyes and moved to place a kiss on his lips, drawing a warm smile to his face. “Happy birthday” he murmured softly as she leant away from him.

Olivia smiled. “Thank you” she noted.

“I have one more surprise for you” he noted, padding towards the table where he proceeded to do something on his phone, allowing a small hum of music to fill the otherwise quiet air. “You know that we’re having this second wedding right?” he mused.

Olivia giggled. “You know what, I didn’t” she teased.

Iker rolled his eyes. “It got me thinking” he noted.

“About?” Olivia posed.

“About what it would be like” he replied softly “And after I thought about that, I thought about you in a wedding dress, about kissing the bride, and then our first dance” he rambled.

“What are you getting to, Iker?” Olivia teased, stepping towards him.

“I learned to dance” he admitted.

Olivia blinked. “You what?” she quipped.

“I learned to dance. I know that you can do it, I have seen it, but I didn’t want to make you look like an idiot, so I took a few lessons and I thought, as a birthday gift, I would show you some” he explained, a shy smile on his face.

Olivia studied his expression for a moment before she took his hand, encouraging him. Iker smiled at her before he gently started to move her, swaying her in time with the soft melodic music. Olivia grinned with each move. “You learned well” she mused, following his steps confidently.

“I had to” he replied, kissing her nose fondly “I wasn’t going to make you look like an idiot having to guide me around” he chuckled.

Olivia shook her head and hugged him. She doubted she could ever look like an idiot beside him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)