Just a Dream

IV.

-Avery's P.O.V.-
I stared at the screen for what seemed like forever. This must be some kind of hoax. I'm pretty sure that this is just a fan-made account and they just don't like the song so they want me to take it down. I clicked on the username to check out the profile and my heart skipped a beat when I saw that it looked like the band's legitimate personal youtube account. There were videos of them goofing off, playing drinking games, practicing for gigs, and just plain acting like guys. There were no "official videos" of anything, nothing that seemed extensively edited. All the videos looked like they were taken on any one of the band member's phones then uploaded directly to YouTube.
If you have any questions, concerns, or anything, feel free to message back.
Maybe I should message them back. But what would I say? That I don't believe that it's them and that I won't take down my video? I sighed. Maybe Ronnie will know what I should say. I took my phone out and dialed her number.
"Avery?" She answered.
"I need you to come over. Now." I said without so much as a hello.
"Okay, first of all, Hi, Avery; good morning to you too! And second of all, you need me now?? But I just painted my nails!" she whined.
"Yes, Now! I need you to look at something."
"I swear to God, Lennox," she started, addressing me with my last name; which was something she only does when she's really annoyed. "If my nails get messed up on the way there and this isn't as important as you make it sound, I'm going to kill you."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I love you too." I hung up the phone.
I paced back and forth from my bed and my laptop. I'm sure this is a joke. What are the chances of Pierce the Veil actually finding my video and what are the chances that they're actually in the process of recording it and oh my god, I think I'm losing my mind. I'm not as big of a fan like Ronnie is and this whole thing is causing me to freak out. This is just too coincidental to actually be real.
A knock on the door pulled me back to reality. I opened it and there stood an annoyed Ronnie.
"Avery, I swear, if this is payback for calling you last minute to go to the mall..."
"Remember how you told me to make a video about the dream that I've been having?" I asked, interrupting her.
"Yeah, what about it? Did someone know the song??"
"No, but look at this." I handed her my laptop.
She took it and started reading the message that was sent to me. Her eyes widened as she got to the end. "No...effing....way." She said giving me my laptop back. "Well, are you going to take down the video?"
"Uh, no." I started. "What if it's a joke? Like, what if it's not even them? They said to message them back if I had any questions or concerns but I just don't know what to say."
A mischievous smile spread across Ronnie's face. "Here, give me your laptop."
I gave Ronnie my laptop and she started typing away. "Ah, ah, ah!" she said as I tried to get a peek of what she was writing. "No looking."
-Vic's P.O.V-
I woke up and looked at my phone. 10:37AM. I'm glad that we have this day off from the studio. I needed time to process the fact that this girl that I have been dreaming of actually exists.
Avery. That's her name. Avery Lennox. I wasn't lying when I said that there was something about her that made me want to know everything about her. Like what makes her laugh, what makes her mad, what grosses her out. Is it bad that I hope that she messages us back and doesn't just take down the video? That hopefully through this coincidence, I could actually get to know her? I decided to get up out of bed and log into our YouTube account to look at the rest of her videos. If she doesn't message us back, maybe I could learn something about her through her videos.
She doesn't have much uploaded, maybe about 50 videos. A few of them were typical girly videos such as shopping hauls and makeup reviews, but the good majority of them were song covers of different genres, from R&B like "Wicked Games" by The Weeknd, to hip hop like "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap (which was interesting because she turned it into an acoustic version). I found a video of her covering our song, Caraphernalia, and decided to check it out.
Wow. It was amazing. She turned it into a piano cover and it was so much more mellow than what it actually is. I was mesmerized by her. She was an amazing singer and this video just made me hope even more that she does message us back.
I shook my head. I'm getting way ahead of myself. I didn't even know that this girl actually existed until last night and now I'm fawning over her like some little schoolgirl. What is wrong with me? I shook my head and decided to go out into the kitchen to find myself some breakfast.
When I walked out I found Tony and Jaime sprawled out on our two couches. I chuckled and got out the milk and cereal. I poured myself a bowl, grabbed a spoon, and went back into my room. After checking my email, I went back to Avery's YouTube account. I was scrolling through the comments on the video I just watched until I saw a red notification icon pop up on the top corner of the page. Curious, I clicked on it and saw that I got a new private message.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw that the message was from Avery and a small smile found its way onto my face as I read it.