Bad Luck Hannah

Do You Wanna Go With Me?

"No!"
"Aw, cmon, Hannah ---."
"No, stop it!"
"Hannah ---."
"No!" I squealed, darting around him quickly, and Josh laughed, lunging after me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, almost lifting me off the ground as he hauled me back against the car, and I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck as I felt my hips hit the car hood.
"Yes," he purred, giving me a quick kiss. "You have too."
"No, I don’t!"
"Yes, you do. Please, come on," he whined, his lips pulling down into a playful pout. "It would really make my day if you agreed, Han. it'll be fun!"
"How could that possibly be fun?" I rolled my eyes. "It'll be cold!"
"You'll get used to it, and I'll be there to keep you warm!"
Please.
I snorted, and shook my head again, causing him to sigh.
We were standing in the school parking lot, waiting for Ricky to get out of detention so Josh could run him home; I think his friends stayed in detention more then I had ever seen anyone.
Josh had been trying to convince me all day to come to the bonfire Ronnie was throwing at his house after school. Of course his house was on the other side of town, which meant it would be late when I got back home, and I wasn’t sure how I was going to work that with my parents. And if Josh drank any or decided to smoke, I wouldn’t have a way home, because I certainly couldn’t drive.
So I'd rather just not go.
"You go, if you want too," I told him, pressing my cold fingers against his chest. "But I can't swing it with my parents this time, yknow? They're home tonight."
"Ugh," he huffed as he looked up. "Why do they gotta be home?"
"I'm sorry!"
"But I want you to come!"
"I'm sorry," I sighed, leaning up on my toes to kiss him. "Really. Another time, maybe?"
"I guess," he grumbled unhappily, kissing me back after a few pouty seconds. I chuckled, threading my fingers through his dark hair, liking how he tasted of gum. His tongue traced my lower lip lazily before parting them, sweeping familiarly into my mouth.
"Do you wanna come over at least?" He mumbled against me. "For a couple hours?"
"I can't be home late."
"You don’t gotta be. I'll have you back by eight. I just wanna spend some time with you," he sighed, curling a strand of my hair around his finger. "Alone. In my room. On the bed with some of this off," his other hand tugged on my jacket. "The normal."
I felt the red creep into my cheeks.
"I, um," I wasn’t sure what to say to that.
"Or, we could drop Ricky off, drive around for a bit until we find ourselves somewhere private," he continued, as if the fact his friends would be home was what was putting me off. I felt his lips trail down to my neck where his other marks already were, and I shivered as his lips brushed them, tightening my fingers in his shirt. "You can add a few of these to me."
Well I certainly wanted too.
I bit my lip thoughtfully.
"I don’t see why I couldn’t do that," I said lightly, smothering a kiss onto his neck, and he chuckled, arms tightening around me slightly.
"Have you guys heard about that lame ass dance coming up?"
I jumped as I heard Ricky's voice suddenly close, his bag being tossed onto the hood of the car. We both turned to look at him in surprise, seeing an aggravated look on his face.
"What dance?" Josh asked blankly.
Just the homecoming dance. It didn’t happen until November, when our football team had their last home game. It was just nearing the beginning of October now, so there was a lot of time to go between it, which is why the school hadn't even announced that it was going to be held in the gym like it was every year.
I'd never went to it, I didn’t see a point.
"The homecoming dance thing," Ricky sighed. "It's in November. Jessica is already bitching about trying to find a dress for it."
He didn’t have to sound so whinny.
I rolled my eyes, and pressed my face against Josh's chest.
"Oh, I didn’t know anything about it," I felt him shrug. "And if its so far away, why does she need a dress so early?"
"I dunno, because girls are lame?"
"Does that mean you're gonna have to go?"
"Well, if she wants too." I saw Ricky shrug out of the corner of my eye, struggling to get his lighter to work, a cigarette already in his mouth. "I don’t have much of a choice, do I?"
"Huh. You think Chris and Kylie are gonna go together?"
"You mean flaunt their fuckery in front of Devin? I hope not," Ricky snorted, inhaling deeply on his cancer stick. "But you never know, she might be feeling spiteful. When we get back I'll ask what everyone's doing."
"Er, right. I was kinda just gonna drop you off and hang with Hannah for a couple hours," Josh shifted his weight. "So just text me what's up."
"Oh. What about the bonfire tonight?"
"I'll be there, just a little late."
"Fine, lameass. So are we gonna go?"
"Yeah."

I pressed Josh back against the seat, my lips glued to his as I struggled to get his jacket off of him.
we'd dropped Ricky off a couple hours ago, grabbed something to eat from the diner, and now we were at the field, the only place Josh could think of that would be completely private.
And somehow we'd ended up in the backseat.
I wasn’t quite sure how, because originally we'd got out and he was going to get a blanket, and I'd kissed him, and then we'd sort of tumbled inside the car.
I wasn’t sure what had happened to the blanket.
He groaned against my lips as I shifted my hips against him, managing to get his jacket off of him and tossing it out of the way. I was straddling him, deciding at this point there was no need to be shy about anything.
That's what I kept telling myself, anyway.
I was still a little shy.
Like the fact it was daylight and we were making out in the backseat of his car.
And anyone could see us.
Oh well.
I felt his hand slip beneath my shirt, roving my back, and I pressed closer to him, my fingers tugging on his thick black locks.
I tore my lips from his, pressing them against his neck, and he gasped as my teeth grazed the tender spots, intent on leaving as many hickeys on him as he had me. His hands closed around my hips, pressing me tighter against him, and I felt my cheeks redden.
He was really excited about this.
"God, Hannah," he gasped, his fingers suddenly tangling in the back of my hair. He gave a light tug, and I leaned up obediently, my eyes flicking to his. "You're getting too good at that."
I flushed.
He kissed me again, but this time, it was a lot calmer, letting me know that we needed to slow down before we got ahead of ourselves. I sighed, a little disappointed.
I'd kind of wanted to push it a little more.
"Mmph, what is it?" He suddenly asked, pulling away from me.
"What?"
"You made a face."
"Oh," I wrinkled my nose. "Sorry."
"What was that for?" He brushed my hair behind my ear, and I hesitated, leaning back on my thighs, my palms flat against his chest.
"Nothing."
"Hannah."
I hated it when he got that stern tone with me.
I rolled my eyes, and shrugged.
"Hannah, come on, what is it?" He sighed, letting his head rest against the back of the seat. "It wasn’t for nothing. Are you gonna make me drag it out of you?"
"Maybe."
He raised his brows at me.
Ugh.
I sighed, and leaned forward, snuggling my face against his neck, wanting to be closer again. He let his arms rest against me lightly, rubbing small circles along my back.
"What is it?" He murmured, pressing his lips against my forehead. "Why the face, babe?"
"Because...." How did I explain without sounding like a total idiot again? Because I wanted to do more? But I also wasn’t sure that I wanted to do more? I was kind of scared of it, though I wasn’t sure why?
None of that sounded good.
"Because," he prodded, and I grimaced.
"Because... well," I fidgeted, "I dunno."
I felt too stupid to even begin to explain.
His brows furrowed in confusion.
Dammit.
"Because, I --- I kind of, kind of want to, to do more," I burst, my face growing warm. "But, but I d-don’t ---."
"Ah," Josh relaxed slightly, and his lips twitched. "I'm not surprised, I'm really good with my hands."
Was it acceptable to roll my eyes again?
"We can do as much as you want to do," he said after a minute. "I just don’t want to make you uncomfortable again, is all."
"I don’t think you can now," I grumbled, and I felt his chest move as he chuckled.
"I'm sure I can, babe. And I thought you were thinking about that stupid dance."
"Dance?"
"Yeah," he suddenly hesitated, his fingers stilling on my back. "That one Ricky was talking about?"
"Oh, the homecoming dance."
"Yeah."
"What about it would I be thinking about?" I asked lightly, absently running my fingers across his shoulder. I figured he wouldn’t want to go, it was just a lame school dance. I'd never been to one, and I'd never planned on going. I'm sure it was just a bunch of couples dancing around to school punch and having to stay so many feet away from each other thanks to chaperons.
"I dunno. I didn’t know if you wanted to go or not." He sounded... awkward.
I frowned. "I doubt it. I've never been to a school dance, but they sound boring."
"You've never been?" Now he sounded surprised.
I shrugged. "I never saw a point to going."
"Not even to the middle school ones?"
"No."
"Oh."
I hesitated, then leaned up, starting to get nervous.
Was I a loser for not going to any of them?
Now I felt like one.
"And you don't want to go to this one?" Josh frowned up at me, and I shook my head.
"I don’t see a point. It's probably boring."
"How would you know, if you've never been?"
"Intuition?" I shrugged, leaning down to kiss his jaw.
I really didn’t want to talk about this anymore.
"Well, Ricky is gonna have to go with Jessica," he muttered, tightening his grip in my hair slightly. "He's gonna need someone there to keep him company."
"Mmm." Just shut up, Josh. Shut up.
I let my fingers slip down his chest, hesitating on his stomach before dropping down to his belt, and he inhaled sharply.
"So, um," his voice was suddenly an octave higher, "I mean, he's gonna n-need someone there for him."
"Okay?" My fingers ran down his thigh brazenly, my lips still leaving their mark against his throat.
"So, uh, we, we could, could ---." My fingers lightly brushed his zipper. "Fuck. Fuck, do you wanna go to the dance with me or not?" He gasped, his hand curling around mine to stop me. "Jesus, I can't focus when you do that."
Hehe.
Wait.
"You wanna go to the dance?" I blinked at him in surprise, and he actually blushed.
"Well, I figure, why not? Ricky needs someone there for him, and I wanna see if the ones here are as good as they were at Red. Plus, you need to go to a dance," his lips grazed mine. "It's not as bad as you think. And I thought girls like dressing up in pretty dresses and shit."
I'd never had the opportunity.
I just looked at him.
"I, I guess," I hesitated, my brain suddenly going into overdrive. "I mean, we could, go, for Ricky."
"For Ricky." He nodded, his grip on my hand loosening. "We'll go to the dance for him."
"Mhmhmm," his lips caught mine, and he brought my hand down against his jeans, curling my fingers around --- oh.
I bit his lip, drawing a new groan out of him, and I grinned.
He actually wanted to go to the dance with me.
I would need to get a dress, and my mom would absolutely go crazy when she realized I was going, probably explode into a shower of happy unicorns and confetti.
And I had to admit, I was kind of excited.
Though not as excited as Josh was, according to the pressure I was feeling against my hand.