Status: Done

Love Bug

Sixteen

Emma’s POV- September 2014
Max and Jackie followed me into the restaurant and I looked around. I heard Angie’s laugh and followed it. Filip was sitting across from her as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Morning” I said.

He looked up and gave me a smile. He looked much more alive now. He also looked like he had just woken up.

“Did you just wake up?” I asked him as I leaned over to hug Angie.

He nodded and pushed his hair back. I noticed his hat was placed next to him.

“Yea, Angie thought I was dead. She bribed the guy to let her into the apartment when I wouldn’t answer my phone”

I laughed and Angie shook her head. I pecked Filip’s lips and he licked his as he smiled.

“Do you have some chapstick?”

I nodded and we began looking through my bag. I handed him my Eos ball and he put some on.

“I drooled a lot last night”

I laughed and he stood up to let me slide into the booth. He gave me a squeeze and a peck.

“You slept well then” I told him.

He nodded as he greeted Max and Jackie.

“I slept great”

I nodded and he put his phone on the table.

“You look way better than you did yesterday. It looked like you were on drugs”

Filip laughed and took a sip of his coffee.

“We were waiting on you three to order”

I nodded and gave one of Angie’s waiter/classmate of mine a smile.

“How do you think you did on the exam?”

“It was hard, but I understood it. I got atleast a B” I told him.

He nodded and looked up to get Angie’s order; once he did he glanced at me.

“Well I need to study with you then”

I nodded.

“Yea, just ask Maya for my number” I told him.

Maya was his wife. They got married after our freshman year; they’re both from New York.

“I will, how’s that singing class going?”

Max laughed and shook his head.

“Some girl got kicked out of class today for trying to be a smartass. Jackie got to watch it all”

Jackie nodded and smiled at the guy.

“Damn, I’ll be sure to get that from Maya then tonight during dinner”

I nodded and I smiled up at him.

“You’re Maya’s husband? Nice to meet you, I’m Jackie”

He gave her a nod.

“I am, and nice to meet you. The wife was saying Emma had a friend visiting from the West Coast”

Jackie nodded and he looked at Filip.

“What can I get for you man? You must be Emma’s boyfriend”

Filip nodded at him.

“I’m Aleks”

“Filip”

They shook hands and Filip smiled.

“Nice to meet you”

“Likewise, Maya is going to be so pissed when she finds out I met him before her”

I laughed and he shrugged.

“Wait, I forgot your drinks”

Angie gave him a smile and nodded.

“Boss, you make me nervous”

She laughed at him and hummed.

“I know I do”

I nodded and he wrote what we wanted to drink.

“Alright, I’ll be back”

He left and I looked at Filip.

“He’s a Cognitive Science major like me. His wife is studying anthropology” I said.

He nodded and took a gulp of his coffee.

“I uh thought he was flirting with you”

I smiled.

“That’s just Aleks”

Filip looked at Angie.

“It’s just how he is. Always happy, I thought something was wrong with him 5 weeks ago”

Max laughed and looked at him.

“Did you get jealous?”

Filip gave him a small smile.

“I uh didn’t like it”

I smiled and rubbed his bicep.

“No need to be jealous though” I told him as I leaned in.

He met me halfway and gave me a kiss. I smiled and kissed his cheek taking in his scent. I had missed him more than I thought. It wasn’t until I saw him at the airport that I realized I missed him a lot.

“Gross”

Filip laughed as Angie and Jackie smacked Max’s arms. Angie shook her head and looked at her brother.

“Emma has a nice boyfriend, I think it’s time you’d get a girlfriend Max”

Max laughed and shook his head.

“I’m not looking for someone right now. The last girlfriend I had decided I wasn’t worthy enough for her”

I pursed my lips; he was talking about his last girlfriend Lisa. Elisabeth was his girlfriend since freshman year of highschool. They did everything together, and then she chose a local university. She was damn right pissed when he told her that he was coming to a school in Nashville. Things were already rocky with them, and we went to London. He got the silver and she broke up with him because she only dated winners.

“Well, Aleks is here with our drinks” I said.

Max excused himself making Jackie get up so he could leave. He walked to the back of the restaurant. Angie looked at me and sighed. Aleks pretended not to see anything and left.

“Fuck”

She nodded and Jackie looked at us.

“I’ll be back”

Jackie left to follow him and Filip looked at me slightly confused.

“His last girlfriend broke up with him as soon as he got back from the Olympics. She said something about only dating successful people” I said.

His eyes widened and I nodded.

“What a bitch”

“Yup, she’s a total trainwreck now” I said.

“Emma!”

I looked at Angie who had scolded me.

“Well she is, what kind of person lives the way she does? She gave up school for a guy; I wouldn’t be surprised that she’ll try to get Max back eventually. He won’t give her the time of day though” I said.

She nodded.

“It’s Max’s problem”

I looked at her.

“He has no problem. He just needs a break” I said.

Filip nodded and his phone buzzed. He flipped it over and laughed a bit.

“Calle said he just woke up, and that he’s going to eat something and fall back asleep”

Angie smiled.

“What time did he get in?”

“Him and Mattias got to Nashville at 11. When I woke up I had a text from both of them saying they got in like at 12:30”

“They didn’t even eat”

He shook his head.

“That’s the worst feeling. Jetlag and hunger”

He laughed at what Angie said and nodded.

“You play a sport”

She nodded.

“Yea, I play Soccer. I’m not smart like the rest of the family”

Filip smiled.

“You do own your own business”

She nodded and I looked at Filip.

“When are you meeting your new teammates?” I asked.

“Tomorrow, they’re all in town already. Jetlag is killing everyone though”

I nodded and pulled my hair up in a bun.

“You need to buy some things right?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Yea, I figured Ikea would have that though”

I nodded.

“Mind coming with me?”

“Not at all” I told him.

He looked up.

“What about you guys?”

Max raised an eyebrow as he sat down. Jackie sat down and looked at Filip/

“What?”

“Want to come to Ikea with Emma and I?”

They smiled and nodded.

“Yea, that’d be cool. What do you need?”

“Plates, cooking things. I can’t cook as much but I still need to cook you know”

Angie nodded and looked at me.

“Ange, come on. My mom is a chef, I know” I said making her smile.

“Good”

The food came and we ate while chatting. At the end of it while I said bye to Angie she smiled at Filip and Max who were talking with each other. Jackie was texting someone on her phone not paying much attention to them.

“I like him for you”

I smiled and she patted my side.

“When are you going to ask him?”

“Angie, he just got here” I told him.

“Well tell him before November”

I nodded.

“I will, there is time” I said making her smile.

“Good, good. Your dad is going to love him. Your brothers will learn”

I laughed and she smiled.

“Be gone now”

I waved at her and made my way over to them.

“Let’s go” I said taking the keys from Max.

“To the front loverboy”

Filip laughed and got into the passenger seat. Jackie and Max got into the back seats. They began their own conversations.

“Are they awake?” I asked Filip who was tapping oaway on his phone.

“Calle is, but let me call Mattias”

I nodded and I began driving. Filip began talking in Swedish and he laughed as he spoke. He spoke for a few minutes and hung up.

“Mattias said he trusts you, and if you can please choose a set of diningware for him since his broke during the move”

I nodded slowly.

“Ok” I said.

We got to Ikea and I locked the car as we made our way into the store.

“Your home Filip!”

Filip laughed and followed us inside. He pulled me close to him as Max took the shopping cart. Jackie and Max were talking with each other giving us our privacy.

“Do you want to come with me to dinner tomorrow?”

I looked at him.

“Some of the girlfriends are going, and it’d be nice if you could go”

“I would go, but I work tomorrow night” I told him.

Normally I didn’t have a shift that late, but I switched with Hanna because she had a meeting with her advisor.

“You told me you didn’t work late nights”

“I normally don’t but Hanna had something to do and asked if I could take her shift” I said.

He nodded.

“What time is it at though?” I asked.

“5, we’d be done by 7”

The shift began at 8:30 I think I had time.

“I can go, the shift starts at 8:30” I told him.

He gave me a smile and nodded.

“Ok, it’s not super fancy. No jeans basically”

I nodded.

“Ok” I told him.

He kissed my cheek as he pulled me close to him.

“If anyone makes you feel uncomfortable, you tell me ok”

I nodded and we followed Max. I would just do my homework a little earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to update everyday! That is my goal from now on!
also, Happy Birthday to Filip!