Status: Done

Love Bug

Thirty Six

Emma’s POV- February 2015
Filip finished tying my skates and patted my thigh.

“You’re ready”

I nodded and stood up.

“You can use the hockey stick to keep your balance”

I laughed and shook my head.

“That’s why I have you” I told him earning a smile from him.

I waved at Seth who was on the ice.

“Emma!”

He skated over and I hugged him.

“Happy Valentines Day, did you finally dump Filip for me?”

I smiled and shook my head.

“Sorry, I still kinda like him” I told Seth making Filip laugh as he got on the ice.

He offered me his hand and I got on the ice. One of the little ones decided to skate in between my legs making me wobble.

“Now I must go”

I waved at Seth and he skated after the little ones.

“Wanna skate around?”

I nodded at him and we skated around holding hands. I let go of Filip’s hand and skated over to Roman. I stopped suddenly giving him a light drizzle of ice making him look up.

“Emma”

I smiled at him and he opened his arms. I hugged him and he squeezed me a bit.

“Don’t be sad, she gets in tomorrow” I said.

He nodded and I winked at him.

“You can be all romantic and get laid” I said making him laugh.

“You were doing so well”

I laughed and Filip skated over.

“Have your girlfriend”

Filip smiled and pulled me close to him.

“Gladly”

My phone vibrated and I saw I had a text from Olivia.

“What does Liv want?”

I shrugged and opened the text. She was warning me that I had better not been a part of a plan that involved a date with Jamie Benn.

“I can’t believe she’s mad over that” I said tapping on my screen telling her I had nothing to do with it.

That was all Mirella and Angie who got Jonathan Toews to get Jamie Benn to agree. The date was yesterday, apparantly it went well. Olivia wasn’t with the US National team in France because the coach was letting the younger defenders come in to get caps. It killed Olivia, but the coach did tell her that she was a high candidate for the World Cup Team. They were both high candidates because they had been there in 2011. They were veterans who were so close to earning the third star but fell incredibly close. Angie missed a penalty shot and Olivia was defending against Japan when the tying goal came in. They had a very nice resume with the National Team and all that was missing was a World Cup title. Once they had that, then they were going to retire.

“Was it a good date?”

I nodded at Filip and he hummed lightly.

“I’ll facetime her later” I said looking up at him.

He pecked my lips and nodded.

“Alright, but after dinner”

I nodded and smiled.

“I get to wear my heels!” I said making Roman laugh.

“Did you dye your hair?”

I nodded and smiled.

“Yes, Danni did it for me. I love it” I said.

“You cut it a bit as well right?”

I gave him a smile and looked at Filip who frowned a bit.

“I didn’t notice the trim, how did you?”

Roman looked at Filip and smiled.

“Angie told me, or else I wouldn’t have noticed as well. Girls and their hair”

I rolled my eyes and looked at Roman.

“Yea well your hair is a little lopsided, when are you going to cut it?” I asked.

It was the same size as his forehead and Roman had a pretty big forehead.

“Today actually”

I hummed and nodded.

“Well, we must skate away before you do start talking about selfies”

Roman frowned and I laughed as Filip grabbed my hand. I let him pull me close to him and he rubbed my sides.

“Are you cold?”

I shook my head at him and he fixed my beanie.

“Alright”

I nodded and he pulled me into a hug as he looked around the rink. I hugged his waist and leaned on his chest. I laughed a bit because he smelled like the body wash I have at Angie’s. He had spent the night on campus and had gone to class with me. He was not recognized because he chose not to speak. He even took notes, but by my last class of the day he started getting tired. He went back to the apartment to nap while I went to class. After that we rushed to Angie’s house because she brought her dog in from California. We played with it, but it completely took Filip down into some mud. Filip had to shower and change, so he did that at Angie’s

“You smell like me” I told him.

He let out a laughed and nodded.

“I do, no one has noticed though. Don’t tell or they will give me shit for it”

I laughed and nodded. I gave his jaw a kiss as he let go of me.

“Don’t worry, I wont” I told him as he pecked my lips.

“Let’s play some one on one”

I nodded slowly and he went to get us sticks. He made his way over and grinned at me.

“Here you go beautiful”

“Thank you Carl” I said making him frown.

I laughed as he tried to pull me to him, but I moved around him.

“Did you bring a hockey puck? I suck at faceoffs” I told him.

“Well what position did you play again?”

“It was street hockey, and I was defense” I told him.

He smiled.

“Then you can defend against me”

I laughed.

“You’re pro, I just played with children and that was years ago” I said.

He laughed and shrugged.

“So? Come on”

He dropped the puck on the ice and passed it to me. We played for a bit, I scored one goal on him while he didn’t even try to score against me. We ended up having a good time though, I laughed a lot and that kept a smile on his face the whole time. His teammates even made fun of it as they pointed it out.