Status: Done

Love Bug

Thirty Eight

Filip’s POV- March 2015
I followed Amelia into her mom’s restaurant. Calle whistled lightly and I nodded because the restaurant was quite a bit over the top. Angie’s restaurant looked homey, where as this place looked pretty sophisticated.

“I don’t understand why the cute Swiss couldn’t come”

Calle laughed.

“He was hiding from you”

Amelia huffed and shook her head.

“So rude, I don’t like him anymore. I don’t care how hot he is”

I chuckled earning a smile from Amelia.

“I like you Fil, you can stand me and you’re so handsome”

She patted my bicep as she slightly shoved both of us so we could walk faster. Calle looked around and nudged me when he saw Emma’s mom making her way over.

“Emma’s mom?”

I nodded and he smiled at her as she approached us.

“Filip! It’s so nice to have you here!”

She leaned to hug and once she did she kissed my cheek.

“I’m Carla, Emma’s mom. You must be Calle”

Calle nodded and she hugged him.

“A friend of Emma and Filip is a friend of mine. Come on now, the table is set and some of them are here already”

I was going to meet some of Emma’s friends tonight. I wasn’t as scared because they seemed to be pretty content with Emma having a boyfriend. Jackie was not here though; she was away at school. I turned my head when Amelia let out a small squeal. She was hugging a guy who was about the same height as her boyfriend.

“Jake! You’re here! Why are you here?”

He laughed as he let go of her.

“Mason couldn’t find some stuff I needed”

Amelia nodded and he gave us a nod.

“One of you must be Filip”

Calle pointed at me and Jake stretched out his hand.

“Nice to finally meet you. I’m Jacob, Mason’s younger brother”

They looked a bit alike, but they were half siblings.

“Nice to meet you” I said shaking his hand.

He nodded and turned to Calle.

“Sup man, how are you liking California?”

Calle nodded as I let go of Jake’s hand. Jake shook his hand and smiled.

“I could use some warmth and sun”

Jake laughed and nodded.

“I feel you man, I go to school in Boston and it’s been pretty bad over there”

Calle nodded and I turned my head to see 2 couples were standing up. I did not recognize any of them, but I knew they were friends of Emma. A guy had long hair and it was up in a man bun where as the other guy had a clean-cut haircut. Both the girls were brunette and about 5’2.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you! I’m Maggie”

I nodded and smiled as I shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you” I said as she nodded.

“You’re so tall!”

She stepped aside and the other girl stretched out her hand.

“I’m Jessica”

I shook her hand.

“Filip” I said getting a nod from her.

“It’s so nice to meet you! It sucks we couldn’t meet you before. We were kind of out of the country”

I nodded and I realized who they were. 4 of Emma’s friens were studying abroad last semester. Maggie, Jessica, Garret, and Derek.

“Has she talked about us?”

I nodded and laughed.

“Yea she has, you 4 were studying abroad” I said.

The guy nodded and smiled as he shook my hand.

“I’m Garret, it’s nice to meet yah man”

I nodded and he patted my shoulder as he went to greet Calle.

“Nice to finally meet you dude, I’m Derek”

I shook his hand and he patted my bicep.

“Sweden is a beautiful country”

I smiled.

“You studied abroad there?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Yah, I spent 20 weeks there and once it was over I went to Finland and Paris, and England”

I nodded and he grinned.

“Gabbie!”

I turned around to see a blonde making her way over. All of us were dressed pretty formal at the moment.

“You’re tall!”

She laughed and hugged him.

“I’m wearing heels you jackass”

He laughed and she looked at me.

“You must be Filip”

I nodded and she opened her arms.

“I’m a hugger”

I hugged her and she squeezed me as she kissed my cheek.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you. I had work, so I couldn’t meet you when you were here”

I nodded at her when I realized who she was. Gabbie was an EMT and she spent New Years with the EMTs and Paramedics.

“Who else is coming?”

We all sat down and I was thankful that Amelia sat to my left and Calle to my right.

“Rosa is running late, and Silvia said she was outside”

Mason looked up.

“There she is”

I turned around a bit to see a Strawberry blonde making her way over to us.

“Damn Silvia, you’re wearing a dress”

She rolled her eyes as she put her bag on a chair.

“Fuck you Derek”

She squeezed everyone’s shoulders as she kissed their cheeks.

“Jake, what are you doing here?”

He laughed as she kissed his cheek.

“I needed something”

She nodded.

“You graduate in May right?”

He nodded and she grinned.

“Ahhh, I’m so proud Jakey. Getting that PHD”

He winked at her as she hugged Amelia. She looked at me and smiled.

“You must be Filip”

I nodded and shook her hand.

“I’m Silvia, it’s nice to meet you”

She looked at Calle and smiled. She then introduced herself to him and I looked up when I saw a waiter was beginning to pass out menus.

“About time Rosa, we were about to order without me”

She laughed and began hugging everyone. She hugged my shoulder as I looked up. Her hair was black and she had it up in a bun.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Rosa”

“Filip” I said making her grin.

“Aren’t you the cutest?”

I laughed and she kissed my cheek before moving on to hug Calle as well.

“You’re making them uncomfortable Rosa”

She rolled her eyes as she sat down.

“Shut the fuck up Derek”

Derek laughed and I learned that night that Emma’s girlfriends cussed more than her guy friends. Jackie was also the semi normal one of the group.

All of Emma’s friends were incredibly smart as well. These were only a few of her friends who were able to make it.

“Have any of you gone surfing?”

They all shook their heads and Derek looked up from his menu. I opened my menu and picked my meal fast. If Emma’s mom cooked anything like Angie then her food was great.

“Jackie has, she sent me a snap of her and a seal”

Rosa frowned and shook her head.

“Lucky”

We all placed our orders and I noticed Calle was not being left out of any conversation. Emma’s friends talked with both of us equally and it actually made me feel incredibly comfortable. Stories began being told and I found out that Emma and Jackie’s frienship goes back to when they were 4 years old. Most of Emma’s friends she had known since Elementary school except for Derek and Rosa who Emma took under her wing in Middle School.

I found out that Emma went to public school, not private. She had a normal childhood when it came to school and friends. I also found out that Emma and her friends lost a friend when they were 14 years old. Ana, Emma and Jackie were the best of friends and a car accident ended Ana’s life. A drunk driver hit a semitruck that collided to a car. The car accident killed everyone including a dog. Ana had a speech impediment and Jackie was always fighting everyone who made fun of her. Emma also had her few shares of the principal’s office. She punched a guy in the nose after he snapped her bra and made fun of Ana. That’s kind of the reasons why Emma wanted to be a Speech Pathologist.

Derek and Maggie; Garret and Jessica were dating each other. They had been dating since highschool. Jessica was actually the twin sister of Max’s exgirlfriend.

“Yea my sister a quite a whore now”

Mason shook his head at her as he laughed.

“Is she not?”

Amelia nodded making Mason shake his head as a smile appeared on his face.

“Finally food”

I had ordered steak, so I began cutting up my steak as I chatted with Calle. He was asking me if I had called Emma.

“No, she was quite busy all day” I said.

“So you texted her?”

I nodded and my phone began vibrating. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw it was a facetime call from Max. I answered it and I laughed as Emma appeared on the screen.

“You’re not Max” I said earning a laugh from Emma.

Emma’s girlfriends were quick to huddle behind me.

“Emma!”

Emma smiled and waved at them.

“Hi girls! Did I interupt dinner?”

“We just got our food” I said earning a nod from Emma.

She turned and smiled as Max handed her, her phone.

“Filip!”

Gabbie whistled and Max laughed.

“We miss you two so much! How dare you guys be busy and not come to LA”

Max nodded and hummed.

“I see how it is, can’t visit us but you can take a flight to LA”

Jake laughed and shrugged.

“He’s not one bit sorry is he?”

“He’s not” I said.

Emma laughed.

“We’ll let you guys eat. I just called to see if they had showed up”

Her guy friends gasped and I handed Derek my phone when he asked for it.

“Of course we showed up! Did you think we were not going to show up?”

Emma laughed.

“I thought that”

Garret nodded and grinned at her.

“Yea, we thought you weren’t going to show up”

Derek pouted and so did Garret.

“I thought we were friends Emma, but Max you should know better!”

She laughed.

“We are! I miss you guys so much!”

Derek nodded and smiled.

“My mom is going on vacation with her boyfriend so I might go see you and Max. Well Max more cause he’s my bestfriend”

Garret nodded and said he was going to go as well.

“We can go to class with you and all”

All of them were Quarter system except for Jessica who was going to USC.

“Of course, well we have to let you go because we’re both on duty”

Garret made a face and laughed.

“Sucks to be you two”

Emma laughed.

“You’re an RA as well”

Garret smiled and nodded.

“Yea, but I get my shifts in the morning”

Emma said something to him making everyone in the table laugh.

“Pass the phone to Filip”

I was handed back my phone and Emma waved.

“I’ll call you tomorrow?”

I nodded and she blew kisses. I laughed when Max shook his head in disgust behind her.

“Bye!”

“Bye” I said.

Calle waved at her just as the call ended. After we all ate, Emma’s mom insisted we take a group picture. We all went our separate ways and Amelia took us back to our hotel.

“See you tomorrow” I told her.

She nodded and drove off. Calle looked at me and nodded.

“They’re cool”

I nodded and he smiled.

“Has she met any of your friends?”

“She’s met you guys, and some friends” I said earning a nod from him.

“I like her, keep her around”

I laughed and shook my head.

“I’ll try” I said earning a laugh from him.

We looked up to see Roman in the lobby.

“Now you appear”

Roman looked up and gave us a smile.

“Where were you?” I asked.

“Sleeping”

He rubbed his face and Calle shook his head as he laughed.

“Well you missed out on some very good food”

Roman shrugged and stretched.

“Well I’m going to shower and head straight to bed” I said.

Calle nodded agreeing with me.

“Night”

Roman nodded and I patted his shoulder. Calle followed me to the elevator and I let out a deep breath as the doors closed.

“So are you going to marry this girl?”

I looked at him and he smiled.

“What?”

“We’re only 20 years old” I told him.

He shrugged.

“So? I’m sure you’ve thought about marrying Emma”

I had, and I did see myself settling down raising a family with her and growing old together.

“Can we drop that?” I asked.

He grinned and nodded.

“Of course Filip”

I rolled my eyes and we walked into our hotel room. I showered first and by the time Calle came out I was asleep. Jet lag was slightly killing me