Status: Done

Love Bug

Thirty Nine

Emma’s POV- March 2015
Haley looked at the sleeping figure of Filip’s younger brother and cooed at him.

“You should move him though, his neck is a little”

I laughed when she signaled how badly positioned he was sleeping.

“Don’t laugh! Help him, I bet he’s so jetlag”

I nodded and gently began shaking him. His eyes snapped open and he looked at me a little confused. Haley lightly cooed at him while he blinked slowly at us.

“Lie down” I told him.

I helped him lie down as Haley went to my room to get him a pillow and blanket.

“Let me get those shoes off” I said.

He mumbled something in Swedish as I untied his shoes. I slipped them off and Haley walked over. I put the pillow under his head and he turned on his side as Haley threw the blanket over him. I squeezed his shoulder as I sat down on the floor.

“Go to sleep, I’ll wake you up in a few alright?” I said.

He nodded and I reached for my textbook that I was reading. I began to take small notes on some sticky notes when I felt a light squeeze on my left shoulder. I glanced down at Fredrik’s hand and I smiled when it twitched a bit. I grabbed my pencil and continued taking notes until my phone began vibrating. I reached for my headphones and slid my finger across the bottom of the screen. Filip’s face appeared on the screen.

“Emma?”

“Give me a second” I said as I finished up the notes on the page.

He hummed in return and I smiled as he puffed his cheeks up a bit. He rubbed his face and began talking in Swedish. Calle responded to him and I looked at the time. It was still pretty early. I closed my textbook and reached for my phone. I gave him a smile, which he returned.

“Homework?”

I hummed and nodded.

“There is always some sort of homework to do” I told him.

He let out a laugh and let out a light groan as he lied down.

“How are my parents?”

I nodded and signaled to the hand on my left shoulder.

“Your parents are at your apartment sleeping. Your little brother went to class with me” I said making him smile.

“Really? How’d that go?”

It had gone better than I expected. He was quiet, and incredibly polite.

“He took notes, and paid attention” I said.

He hummed and nodded.

“When did he crash?”

“Like an hour ago or so” I said.

He laughed and glanced up at someone who was in his hotel room. He waved as the sound of a door closing was heard.

“Sorry, that’s nice that you got to bond with my brother”

I nodded.

“Your parents like lasagna right?” I asked.

He smiled.

“They will eat anything you make”

I nodded.

“Ok, cause I’m thinking about making that here and when I drop off your brother I can feed them” I said.

He nodded.

“Are you guys going to watch the game together?”

I nodded.

“Yes, of course we are. We’re watching it at your place” I said.

He nodded and frowned a bit.

“I miss you”

I smiled.

“I miss you too” I said.

“When I see you I can make out with you right?”

“If your parents aren’t there” I said.

He nodded.

“Ok, deal. I’ll tell them to leave”

I laughed and shook my head.

“You are not” I said.

I glanced up when the door opened. Max almost let the door slam, but when he saw a sleeping form on the couch he put his foot in between the door and the doorway.

“Sorry!”

I nodded and he closed the door.

“Hi Filip!”

I looked back at the screen of my phone and smiled at Filip.

“Max just got in, and almost slammed the door” I said.

“My brother could sleep through anything”

I laughed and nodded.

“Your brother is so adorable” I said making him laugh.

“Don’t let him hear that, he’ll never let me forget it”

I smiled and nodded.

“I’m going to let you go because you look like you could use a nap” I said.

He laughed and ndoded.

“Yea, I’m going to nap before we go sight seeing. The last time I was here was for a prospect camp”

I nodded and smiled.

“Alright, have fun” I said.

He nodded and I laughed when I saw he had his shirt off already.

“I will, love you. I’ll call you tomorrow before the game?”

I nodded.

“Ok, love you too. Bye” I said.

He waved and I blew him a kiss as I ended the call. I opened my textbook and I shrieked when Fredrik spoke up.

“You’re so focused”

I turned to him and swatted his chest making him laugh.

“I’m sorry, but you just went from saying a very cute goodbye to Filip to just opening your book to do homework”

I laughed and turned to face him.

“Yea” I said looking down at the textbook.

“Does he distract you from doing homework?”

“He tries, I can multitask pretty well” I said earning a laugh from him.

“You’re too perfect to be real”

I looked at him.

“I’m pretty real” I said as I reached for my pen.

“Do you have any sisters?”

I laughed and nodded.

“Both older than me” I said.

He frowned and I hummed.

“You wouldn’t want to date them though. I’m the nice and quiet one” I said as I wrote an important main idea on my sticky note.

He laughed.

“Just focus on hockey, and a girl will come your way” I said.

“I hope so”

I looked at him and smiled.

“You may be as handsome as your brother but you also have to be nice” I said making him nod.

“No one is as nice as Filip though”

I laughed and nodded agreeing with him.

“It’s true, Filip is a softy. Your mom raised you guys well then” I said.

He nodded and I squeezed his shoulder before I turned back to leaning on the couch.

“Now go to sleep” I ordered him.

I got a laugh in response and about 10 minutes later he was fast asleep. I think I just bonded with my boyfriend’s brother.