Status: Done

Love Bug

Forty Eight

Emma’s POV- July 2015
I dried my hair with a towel and looked up to see Filip standing next to me.

“Can we talk?”

I shrugged and he sighed. Why was I mad at him? His friends had said some very hurtful things to me and he did nothing. This happened this afternoon during a brunch he insisted I come to. He wanted me to meet his friends, but his friends were a little protective over him.

“My mom said you were crying”

He reached for me and I stepped back. His mom was at his place stocking up his fridge with food when I bursted in crying.

“Don’t touch me” I told him.

He looked at me a little hurt and I shook my head at him.

“You met my friends and they were nothing but friendly to you” I said making him rub his face.

He had met my housemates and they loved him, and my friends from back home adored him because he made me happy. He had met them when he was in LA in March. He had dinner with my family and close friends.

“I’m sorry, I should have told them something. You didn’t say anything”

“I didn’t need to! You’re my boyfriend, I thought you would tell them to stop” I said.

“They’re going to apologize to you”

“I don’t want an apology they don’t mean” I said.

He looked at me.

“They will apologize to you because they called you a gold digger. You are anything but that Emma, and I’m really sorry. I wasn’t there or else I would have shut them up”

He reached for my hand and took a step forward to grab it.

“Your friends did make me feel comfortable and I’m sorry I made you cry. I don’t like seeing you cry, especially when I’m the one that causes that”

He pushed my hair back and pulled me into a hug. I put my nose against his shoulder.

“Come on, let’s go you must be hungry”

I nodded against his shoulder and he kissed my forehead.

“Come on, let’s get you home. My mom made some really good dinner”

He pulled away and smiled.

“I thought you had left”

I looked at him.

“Why would I leave? I’m mad, but not heartless. I figured you’d come looking for me” I said making him smile.

“I don’t like it when you shut your phone off”

He hugged me again and hummed.

“Sorry, it’s childish I know” I said.

“You had every right to be mad though”

I nodded and hugged his waist. I leaned against him and took a deep breath. The summer was doing wonders to his body.

“I was going to punch them, but I figured they wouldn’t like that” I said.

He laughed and touched my jaw with his finger. I looked up at him and he pecked my lips.

“You should have, that will teach them some manners”

He rubbed my shoulders and smiled.

“I’m really sorry. I’ve just never seen you that mad”

I nodded and he kissed my forehead. I was beyond pissed after they called me a gold digger. When Filip came back from the bathroom I told him I wanted to leave. He turned to look at his friends and I stood up and told him I would leave on my own then.

“Come on, let’s get you home before my mom thinks you dumped me. She won’t leave until she sees you”

I laughed and he grabbed my backpack.

“Let’s go then” I said.

We made our way to Fredrik who let out a sigh of relief.

“I thought I was going to be bedless tonight”

I hugged him.

“No, your brother apologized. I’m starving, so walk faster” I said.

He pulled me closer and looked down at me.

“Did you not eat?”

“Not well, his friends were mean to me” I said.

Fredrik glared at Filip making Filip frown.

“They’re going to apologize”

That earned a hum from Fredrik.

“They better, they made Emma cry. No one…not even you should make Emma cry”

We made it home and Filip’s mom instantly pulled me into the kitchen and shooed her sons away.

“What did my son do?”

I smiled and pushed my hair back a bit. I smelled like Chlorine at the moment.

“He apologized” I said.

She looked at me.

“You broke my heart this morning. I raised him better”

“He didn’t make me cry, his friends did” I said.

She nodded and let out a deep breath.

“They’re protective over Filip”

I nodded.

“I know that now” I said making her laugh.

“Well let’s get you fed. Filip said you didn’t eat much for lunch. You smell like chlorine so you were at the pool”

I nodded and she made herself and myself a plate. When Fredrik walked in he said he’d make his own plate, so I ate my soup quietly. I rubbed my eyes and Filip walked into the kitchen. He said he’d make his own plate and when he did he took a seat next to me. He rubbed my back and began eating.

“Are you two still going hiking?”

I looked at Filip and smiled.

“Yea, I want to get some pictures for my photography class” I said.

I was taking a photography class and I did have two assignments due the first day. The first one was a self-portrait, and the second one had to be a set of pictures that represented my summer. I had a camera, my parents bought it for me when I was 18 years old but I was starting to use it more.

“How are the pictures coming along? Will I make the cut?”

I laughed and looked at Fredrik.

“Maybe” I told him.

He smiled and we continued eating.

“Did you know Emma is in a sorority? I barely found out about this”

Fredrik laughed and nodded.

“She has pictures of her in greek letters. Of course she’s in a sorority, maybe she wasn’t active”

I nodded.

“I wasn’t but I will be this year” I told Fredrik.

“Since you’re graduating at the end of the year, I assume you have a chair…a chair that’s what it’s called right?”

I nodded and took a sip of the pink lemonade Filip’s mom had made.

“I do have a chair, I’m philanthropy chair. I was a Rho Gamma my sophomore year which means I gave up my letters for a semester to recruit girls. I was chosen because of my personality. I’m also on Standards board which means that if one of my sisters does something I am not biased and I help set a punishment for that sister” I said.

“You’ve been in it since your freshman year?”

I nodded.

“Yes, since my first semester there. I’m not crazy though, I promise” I said making them laugh.

The subject changed to hiking and how Fredrik wanted to come. Filip didn’t want him to come, but I invited Fredrik because it would be fun. Also, Filip needed to spend time with his brother.

“Go shower honey, Filip and I need to talk”

I nodded and kissed Filip’s cheek.

“Don’t kill him though, I like having him around” I said making her laugh.

She nodded and I went to shower. When I got out of the shower Filip was sitting on his bed. He looked at me and gave me a smile.

“Let me shower and we can do something”

I nodded and I heard my name.

“Your mother calls” I said making him chuckle.

I left the room and made my way to the living room where Fredrik was eating pie.

“Sit down Emma, I made pie”

I nodded as she handed me a plate. Fredrik, and I talked about pies for a bit was we looked for something to watch. Filip’s parents were sitting on the couch and I decided to sit on the floor in order to use the coffee table as a table. I felt a light tug on my hair and leaned back against Carina’s legs as she began braiding my hair.

“I like apple pie, so this pie is the best” I said as I took another bite.

They laughed and she finished braiding my hair. I handed her my hairtie I had on my wrist and she squeezed my shoulders once she was done.

“Tell me about that photography class?”

“I have a small portfolio due every week, but the assignments were posted every week. I could take the pictures now, and just turn them in as the semester goes” I said.

She nodded and smiled.

“Your hair would have been longer if you had not cut it”

I scrunched up my face.

“It was so damaged though, it’s healthy right now” I said.

“What color is your hair?”

“Like a dirty blonde. It literally looks diry though. I’m blonde though” I said.

She nodded and patted my cheeks.

“Filip is lucky to have you”

“I’m lucky to have Filip” I said making her grin.

“Eat your pie before you make me cry”

I laughed and soon Filip walked into the living room. He gave his dad a smile as he sat down next to me. His mom scratched his head and laughed when Fredrik demanded attention.

“I love you”

I looked at Filip and smiled.

“Love you too, but I love this pie more” I told him as he frowned as I moved my plate of pie so he wouldn’t get any.

“You love pie more than me?”

I smiled as he pecked my lips and hummed.

“I mean, have you tried it?” I asked him making him laugh.

“No, you won’t give me any”

I smiled and pursed my lips a bit. Filip took the chance to peck my lips and I laughed.

“Please?”

“Fine” I said.

I offered him some and he nodded as he chewed the piece of pie.

“It’s good pie, but I still love you more”

Fredrik groaned.

“Gross”

Filip grinned and pecked my lips. I rolled my eyes and offered him a smile. He leaned over and kissed my forehead before standing up.

“Bring a big piece, so I can steal some from you” I called out making him laugh.

“Alright”

I took a bite of my pie and looked up when Filip’s dad, Patrik said my name.

“It’s nice to have you here”

I smiled and nodded.

“It’s nice to be here” I told him earning a smile from him.

He squeezed my shoulder and I turned when Filip sat next to me.

“Normal people sit on the couch Emma”

I looked at him.

“Yet here you are sitting next to me” I said making him smile.

“I should sit on the couch, I mean you did hurt my feelings. Said you loved a piece of pie more than me”

I smiled.

“You baby” I said as he put his pie on the coffee table.

He pouted and I smiled at him.

“You’re not getting a kiss” I said looking at the TV.

“What about me?”

I smiled and stood up. I sat next to Patrik and kissed his cheek earning a laugh from Carina.

“That’s mean”

Patrik hugged me and rubbed my back.

“He likes me more” I said hugging Patrik while Filip looked up at us.

“He kind of does, no contest there”

I laughed and sat up. I patted the spot next to me and Filip sat next to me. We watched TV and Patrik stood up.

“I’m going to bed”

Carina nodded and stood up as well. They left and Fredrik frowned at Filip.

“I lose my bed”

“Nonsense, you can sleep on the bed with us” I said.

He made a face.

“I’ll sleep on the couch”

Filip laughed and shrugged.

“If you insist”

“We should go to bed if we’re waking up early tomorrow” I said.

They agreed and we went to bed. Fredrik ended up sneaking into the bed making me get closer to Filip who was dead asleep.
-----------
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i haven't posted! School has been kicking my ass so far. It's week two of my senior year and i have grown up stuff to do :(