Status: Done

Love Bug

Fifty Five

---------------
Emma’s POV- February 2016
I walked into Filip’s apartment and looked around. There was no sign of Filip in the living room and kitchen, so I put the tupperware on the counter before making my way to his room.

It was Valentine’s Day weekend and instead of going out with my sorority sisters I had chosen to come spend time with my sick boyfriend. I opened his bedroom door and peeked inside. His drapes were partially open letting me make my way over to him. He was curled up in his bed and the floor had a lot of used tissues.

“Filip” I said as I got on his bed.

He opened his eyes and offered me a small smile.

“Hey”

He started coughing and groaned once his coughing attack was over. I felt his forehead and he leaned his head against my hand.

“You’re cold”

“Let’s get you cleaned up” I told him.

He coughed and I stood up. I made my way to his bathroom and turned on the light. He tried to say he was okay a few days ago, but after almost passing out before a game and then completely throwing up in the bathroom after he was forced to leave the game made him realize how sick he was. Not only did he throw up over there, but also when we made it to his apartment he threw up again. The team doctor said it was the flu. I grabbed a towel and made a face as I heard Filip throwing up in the bedroom.

I love the guy, but cleaning up his puke isn’t something I like doing. I still did it though and I tried not to leave him alone, but I had school though and he did not want me there with him claiming I was going to get sick. I made my way back to his room with a small towel and the other bucket that had water. Filip looked up and I made a face as he threw up again. He let out a small groan as he lifted his head. He coughed and reached for the water bottle on the nightstand. He took a small sip and spit it out in the bucket. He then took a small gulp of the water and let out a deep breath.

“Let’s get you changed” I said.

He nodded slowly and I helped him take off his shirt. He flinched as the moist towel touched his skin.

“Are you feeling better?” I asked.

He shook his head and coughed.

“I can’t smell anything”

“Lucky you” I said getting a smile from him.

“Thanks for coming”

I smiled and nodded. I kissed his flushed cheeks and he made a face. He didn’t want to get me sick, so he felt the need to tell me yesterday to not kiss him.

“You’re getting better” I said as I began cleaning his face.

“How bad do I smell?”

I laughed and shook my head.

“You don’t smell, it’s your puke that smells” I said as I dried him up with the other towel.

I reached for a tshirt and helped him put it on. He made a face when I pecked his cheek and forehead.

“Stop, I’m contagious”

I laughed and gave him a hug. He leaned against my shoulder as I rubbed his back.

“I’m as healthy as can be Filip, don’t worry. Max has had me drink Vitamin C as well” I said pushing his hair back.

He nodded and I pulled away to help him take off his shorts.

“This is embarrasing”

I smiled and helped him up.

“If you want I won’t look” I said getting a smile from him.

“You’ve seen it already”

I laughed and he slipped off his boxers. He changed and sat down on a chair that he had in his room. I changed his bedsheets and he let out a deep breath once I let him lie down.

“Are you staying over?”

I nodded and he smiled.

“Good”

“I thought you didn’t want me over?” I joked making him laugh a bit.

His laugh turned into a coughing fit and I handed him his water. I got the buckets and made my way to the bathroom. I tossed the water out and puke from the other. I cleaned both buckets and made my way to the bedroom with one bucket.

“Are you hungry?” I asked.

He shook his head and let out a cough.

“You need to eat something”

He made a face as he coughed. He was sitting up a little, slumped against the wall.

“How’s Calle?”

“He’s much more alive than you” I said making him frown.

I sat next to him and he leaned on me.

“Lucky”

I looked at him and smiled. I turned a bit and hugged him. I pushed his hair back and he closed his eyes.

“Guess what?” I asked.

He hummed.

“They’re onto us” I said.

He smiled and shrugged. You see Filip and I had almost been dating with two years but no one besides close family and friends knew about it. Recently though, the media here in Nashville was trying to find out who his girlfriend was. The picture he had posted before the season started of me had the media crazy wanting to know more about me. He had taken me to dinner that night and taken a picture of me. I covered my face and looked down laughing. My follower count on all my social media had increased though and I had people asking me if I was Filip’s girlfriend. I ignored them because although he was my boyfriend and very good at hockey they were ignoring the fact that I used to be an athlete.

“I don’t mind, I can finally post pictures of my beautiful girlfriend”

I laughed and nudged him.

“Want to eat some soup? Angie helped me make you some chicken soup” I said.

He sighed and nodded.

“I should eat”

“You should, unless you want to end up in the hospital like one of the rookies” I said earning a groan from him.

“Yea I heard, how is he?”

“He’s alive and well. He’s at Calle’s right now” I said.

He nodded.

“I brought them soup, and I made sure they were eating it when I left” I said making him smile.

“You’re the best”

I kissed his cheek and nodded.

“I know” I said.

I pulled away from him and he groaned.

“I need to get you your food” I said.

He nodded and I made my way out of his bedroom. Once I got to the kitchen I put the soup to heat up. I grabbed a Gatorade from the fridge once the soup began to boil. I pulled my phone out and saw I had a missed call from my mom. I would call her once Filip was asleep though. I fixed him up a bowl and made my way to the bedroom with the bowl of soup and his Gatorade. His medicine was in the room, so I just had to make sure he took it.

“You ok?” I asked him when I saw him sitting up on the bed.

He took the bowl and nodded.

“Yea, I just needed to pee really bad”

I smiled and nodded.

“It looks really good, I can’t smell though”

“It smells great” I said as he began eating.

He ate the whole thing and asked me if there was more. I nodded and went to get him a little bit more. He ate all of that and burped.

“Do you feel better?” I asked him.

He nodded and took a sip of his Gatorade.

“Yea, but I’m getting tired”

I nodded and helped him lie down.

“Lie here with me?”

I smiled and lied down next to him.

“Can you scratch my head?”

I turned on my side and began scratching his head. He closed his eyes as I began massaging behind his ear.

“I wanted to go to Florida”

I smiled and he opened his eyes.

“Yea well I don’t think they needed or wanted you like this” I said rubbing his cheek.

He had played like this against the Caps. He scored a goal and an assist in the first period. He didn’t return to the game because he threw up in the locker room. They pulled me out of my seat and told me to take him home. I took him home, and he slept the whole night, and part of the day. He was asleep until I got back from class. He had a very high fever, so I just had to take care of him. He didn’t want to eat anything and that night he spent puking his guts out. The team doctor told him he wouldn’t be traveling because he had the flu. When they got back from the roadtrip they would decide if he would play in the game against the Stars. There was a chance he wouldn’t be back until they played the Kings. They wanted him healthy so he wouldn’t relapse.

“You’re like a cat” I told him earning a grunt from him.

I turned on the TV and I felt him shift. He pressed his nose against my collarbone as he let out a deep breath. He burped and I made a face, as I smelled it.

“That’s so gross Carl Filip” I said making him groan.

“Love me”

I rubbed his back and patted it when he had a light cough attack. I kissed his forehead and he let out a deep breath.

“When do you hear back from schools?”

“I’m waiting on Stanford” I told him.

He nodded and coughed. Filip had turned super pale when he heard I had applied to schools in the West Coast. I was getting acceptance letters from the schools and they were being sent to his place. I know he didn’t like the fact that I wanted to go to Stanford but he was still supportive.

“Take a nap, you look like you need it” I told him earning a small smile from him.

He closed his eyes and cuddled up closed to me. I rolled my eyes when he tangled his legs with mine. I rubbed his back until I heard small snores come from him. I shifted a bit and glanced at the time. He stirred a bit as I untangled myself from him, but didn’t fully wake up. I replaced myself with two of his pillows before getting up. I made my way to the bathroom and washed my hands. I grabbed his dirty laundry and decided to make myself busy.

While his laundry was being done I began doing homework. I checked on Calle and the rookie before giving my mom a call. I went to pick up some take out and also washed more clothes. She wanted to know how Filip was doing.

“He’s been asleep for about 2 hours. I think he’s going to sleep throughout the whole night though” I said.

“How’s the fever?”

“He had one when I got here, but before he fell asleep it was gone” I said.

“That’s good”

“I gotta go mom, I need to eat and finish this homework” I said.

“Ok, I’ll let you go. Take care of yourself”

“I will, love you” I said.

We bid goodbye and I let out a puff of air. I pulled my hair up in a bun and washed my hands before eating. Filip’s laundry was done, and so was my homework. I began eating some of my takeout and my phone lit up. Haley was asking me if I was home, when I told her no she told me to say hi to Filip for her and to take care of him. I checked my email and let out a puff of air. I had not heard from Stanford and I wanted to know if I had got in or not
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i haven't posted anything, i have began looking into grad school and i've been super busy with school. My classes have so much reading and all i really do is read and write reading responses.