Status: Done

Love Bug

Fifty Eight

Emma’s POV- April 2016
“Have you seen Filip as much as you do?”

I laughed and shook my head at Danni

“No, but I have talked with him. We’re both busy people” I said as I finished painting my finger nails.

She laughed and I gave her a smile.

“He’s a busy person, and I don’t want him to feel bad. I can do other things like spend time with my housemates too you know, but I do miss seeing his stupid face” I said.

She grinned.

“I never thought I’d see Emma in love”

I rolled my eyes and she let out a deep breath.

“I miss Max, and his coffee”

I nodded agreeing with that and I blew air on my nails.

“How is Max anyways?”

“In love” I said making her laugh.

“Really? That’s so cute”

I laughed and shook my head.

“No it’s quite gross. They make out anywhere” I said.

She made a face and I nodded.

“You went home for Spring Break this time. I keep forgetting. How was LA?”

“Hot, humid and boring” I said making her laugh.

“Why boring?”

“Everyone was at work, or at school. Andy and Josh didn’t have Spring break until the week after. I went out with Hanna and Max, but I really felt like I was wheeling. I even drove to Santa Cruz to see Jackie. She was busy with school as well, but I went sight seeing” I said.

She pouted and I nodded.

“Yup, I just got tanned because I spent the whole week at the beach all by my lonesome” I said making her laugh.

“I doubt it Emma, I saw that Snap story of yours”

I shrugged, ok so I went out with some of my girlfriends. That was only one day though.

“Are you nervous?”

“About what?” I asked as I looked at my nails.

“Graduating? Filip? Moving in with him?”

I laughed.

“Graduating, I feel like I’ll throw up the morning of” I said making her laugh.

“What about Filip and hockey? Those two games have been brutal”

I nodded agreeing with her. They had beaten the Ducks in 7, but this round was much harder. They were facing the Blackhawks and so far both games had gone to double overtime. The Predators had won both games so far, with Filip assisting the game winning goal in Game one, and scoring the game winner in game two.

“What is he doing right now?”

“It’s all hockey right now” I told him.

She nodded.

“Game 3 is tomorrow”

I nodded.

“Are you going?”

I nodded and smiled.

“You want to come? I have an extra ticket” I told her.

She nodded.

“Duh”

I smiled and grabbed my phone.

“Haley can’t go since she has an 8pm class” I said.

“Sucks for her”

I nodded agreeing, she needed the class so she had to take it that late.

“Do you think they’re going to sweep the Blackhawks?”

I looked at her and shushed her.

“Don’t bring it up. Just hope it will happen” I said making her laugh.

There was a knock on the door and she went to answer it. She smiled and stepped back.

“She’s in the dining room painting her nails. I’ll leave you two alone”

Filip laughed a bit and walked inside. Danni winked at me as she left to her room.

“Hey”

I smiled at Filip as he leaned down to peck my lips.

“Have you eaten?”

I nodded.

“Yea, Danni and I made Lasagna. Feel free to get some” I said.

He nodded and made his way to the kitchen. He came back with a plate and a cup. He sat next to me and hummed.

“How was your day? You look nice”

I looked up at him and smile. It was easy to notice when I was wearing makeup and I had been to lazy to take it off.

“I took my cap and gown pictures” I said making him smile.

“That’s good”

I nodded.

“After that I went to lunch with the girls. I took your brother to get these pair of shoes he did not need but you know it’s his money and then I got home. We cleaned up the apartment and made dinner” I said.

He nodded.

“Rough day”

I nodded.

“You?” I asked.

“Media, and then I slept”

I nodded.

“Wish I could sleep” I said making him laugh.

“You’re almost done”

I looked at him and nodded.

“I’m halfway done, but yes I am almost done with my undergrad” I said making him nod.

He scarfed down the plate of food and went to get more.

“Did you not eat or?” I asked.

He gave me a smile.

“I’m hungry all the time now”

I nodded and stood up.

“Just eat the whole thing. We don’t need leftovers” I told him as I brought the piece of lasagna he left.

I put some garlic bread to head up and once it was done I handed it to him.

“Thanks”

I nodded and he continued eating. I pushed his hair back making him look up at me.

“Your beard is coming along well” I said scratching his jaw with my finger nail.

He smiled and continued eating.

“How’s Max?”

“I talked with him this morning. He’s in love, and you know preparing for the Olympics” I said making him laugh.

“Really?”

I nodded.

“When’s your Graduation again?”

“May 12” I told him.

He nodded and smiled.

“That’s less than a month away, Are you nervous?”

I smiled and shrugged.

“Like I told Danni. I’ll probably throw up the morning of” I said making him laugh.

“Who’s going to the game with you?”

“Danni is” I said.

He nodded and smiled.

“And anyone can come to the graduation right?”

I nodded at him and he smiled.

“Good, you know my mom is more excited about that then playoffs”

I laughed and he nodded.

“Feel special”

He took a sip of his drink and looked at me.

“Do you want to go to dinner after or?”

“Angie has that planned already” I said making him nod.

“Alright, I can give you a gift right”

I looked at him and he smiled.

“No, it’s too cheesy to propose after graduation”

I shoved him and he laughed. When Playoffs started Filip told me he wanted to buy me a ring. I told him not to because I would say no. We were still to young to get married. Sure last year I may have accepted the marriage proposal but after I thought about it I realized we were still too young. I told my dad and he said he gave Filip the blessing during New Years.

“I promise I won’t do it then, but eventually”

I nodded at him and he smiled.

“I haven’t bought a ring. Relax”

I smiled and let out a deep breath.

“We’re still too young I know”

I nodded and kissed his fuzzy cheek.

“We are” I told him.

We had an agreement. He could ask once we were 23 years old. He didn’t really like that he had to wait 2 years, but I told him I love him and that if he loved me he would wait.

“The Kings look like they’re going to beat the Sharks”

I hummed and he looked at me.

“They always beat the Sharks Fil” I said making him laugh.

“Can I be romantic and get you flowers for your graduation?”

I nodded and he smiled.

“Good, what if we’re still in the playoffs and I have this beard”

I looked at the beard and smiled.

“It looks even, so I’ll accept it” I said making him smile.

“You’d stay in Nashville if we go to the final right?”

I nodded and he smiled.

“I love you”

I hummed and he grinned. The Predators went on to Sweep the 2015 Stanley Cup Champions. They were to face the LA Kings in the Western Conference Final.