Status: Done

Love Bug

Fifty Nine

Filip’s POV- May 2016
“Why are we out here? It’s hot. There’s food in there and I didn’t eat that much because I thought I was going to throw up this morning”

I laughed and looked at Emma. Her cheeks were still a bit flushed due to the Nashville heat at the moment. Her graduation was extremely long, but it was worth it when her name was said. Her family, my family and I cheered as loud as we could as she walked through that stage.

“Your brother told me how obsessed you were with the Jonas Brothers, I thought I’d be romantic here. Don’t worry I told them to save us a plate” I said as I pulled out my phone.

I pressed play and she smiled when When You Look Me in the Eyes began playing.

“May I have this dance?” I asked her.

She laughed and nodded.

“You may”

I pulled her closer and she put her head against my shoulder as we swayed from side. The song finished and she looked up.

“You’re such a cheeseball”

She laughed when Lovebug began playing and put her head on my shoulder.

“I was told you know this song” I said.

She laughed again and nodded against my shoulder.

“Yes I do, I love the Jonas Brothers”

I faked a surpised gasp and she laughed.

“I was a teenager and they were gorgeous. Still are though”

She laughed and I nudged her.

“Sing it to me” I told her.

She began to lightly sing along to the song and i twirled her. I was beyond nervous for the Western Conference Final. I was the leading scorer for the team, which meant the team was relying on my offense. The Kings missed playoffs last year but they showed everyone this year that they were in it to win it. They were a strong team, and their defense was really good. Most games had been won during overtime and I was not looking forward to that.

I looked at Emma and I saw she was oblivious to my internal conflict. I was really glad she was staying in Nashville. She was my rock and I needed her around.

“Now I’m”

I smiled as a guitar solo played.

“Now I’m speechless
over the edge, I’m just breathless”

We lost to the Kings in overtime. We pushed it all the way to Game 7, but they were the better team.

“I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again
Now I'm hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again
Ohhh
Love Bug again”

The song finished and I gave Emma a smile.

“Now let’s go eat”

I laughed and pulled her into a kiss. She snaked her arms around my neck and pulled I pulled her closer to my body.

“Found them!”

We pulled away to see Max holding a bottle of wine. He grinned at us and shook his head.

“You’re making all men look bad right now Filip. Being this romantic, hurry up though we’re all starving”

I laughed and followed Emma inside. I looked around and saw my parents talking with her parents. They were laughing and my brother was seated in between Emma’s siblings. He looked flushed so that meant one thing. He was buzzed already.

“You’re welcome, they were outside slow dancing”

Emma laughed and I looked at her. I gave her wink and she returned it. Honestly, I was excited to have her living with me. It would be the next step in our relation.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end! Well i have the epilogue that i will put up soon after i post this. I have 3 papers i need to start on and i have not done any. Well one is partially done but i need to edit and the other two i need to think about. My brain is fried and all i want to do is sleep. I guess that's what i get for going out two nights in a row. Peace out yo.