Puzzle of a Misfit

Meetings

As soon as I got backstage I was met by Stephanie Mcmahon. Any thoughts evaporated from my mind. Did I do anything wrong? Was I too different? She smiled "Impressive. I've never seen the crowd cheer so much for a new diva. Good luck, kid" she walked off ,obviously like she had somewhere more important to be. I couldn't care less, my dream finally became a reality. A sincere smile graced my lips as I headed towards my blue galaxy backpack. I looked around finding other divas gossiping in the corner pointing at me. I rolled my eyes as I slung my straps over my shoulders. It's like high school all over again I thought bitterly. I soon reminded myself nothing but wrestling mattered.

I walked to the car park but soon realised I didn't have a ride. Stupid, stupid brain! Someone must have noticed my panic because I was tapped on the shoulder after looking like my eyes searching looking like an owl. I must have looked crazy. I turned round to see a familiar face. AJ Lee, former diva from NXT. I admit I'm a fan of some of her moves in the ring like 'The shining wizard'. "Do you want a ride? I mean you look lost and we're in the same hotel" she asked looking at me nervously as if I was going to be a bite her head off. Seeing how crazy I must look I make a small smile. "Yeah, thanks. I'm Maddison" I replied being genuinely nice. What's the harm in making a friend? I mentally shrugged. "I know, OMG! Your accent! It's so cute!" She gushed leading me to the car. "Thanks it was a birthday present" I replied sarcastically. I mentally kicked myself, reminding myself to stop other wise I won't have a chance at keeping a friendship. Way to go Maddison! To my surprise she just giggled muttering how well I would get on with a punk?

As soon as we stopped she pulled my phone out my grasp. As anyone should I immediately reached for the phone but she kept pulling out of my way. "Maybe we can go shopping sometime or maybe read some comics" she looked at me hopefully. Who was I to say no to having a friend especially in my situation. Alone, always alone I thought sadly. A small sad smile twitched but I soon covered it up and replaced it with one of my famous smirks. "Yeah sure" I replied. She bounced up and down excitedly "Text me later. Bye". We both left the car and collected our bags.

I reached the front desk. Sitting there was an a brunette filing her nails to perfection even though they were flawless. I coughed to gain her attention "Maddison Cross". She rolled her eyes and nodded saying "Room 222" in a drone like voice. I smiled at the irony of the number. Not only is it my favourite band Maroon 5's lucky number but it also represents the date I had my first training session to become a professional wrestler. The 22nd of February. I also have it as a charm on my charm bracelet tattoo. Wordlessly I took the room card from her hands and made my way to the stairs. What? I need to keep up with exercise otherwise fanta and nutella will catch up with me.

Me being me I crashed into someone. Wow, what are they made out of stone? I looked up to see a tattooed arm reach out offering help. As soon as my eyes roamed up to the figures face I immediately recognised him. CM Punk, my favourite superstar. I took the hand gratefully and landed gracefully on my feet. Realising I'm still in my ring gear I scrunch my nose but then glance up to remember I'm not on my own. I pull an awkward face and say "I'm so sorry I was in my own world and-". My rambling was cut off by a chuckle, my big hazel eyes glanced up into the warm brown eyes that shown amusement "It's fine I should have looked where I was going, your the new diva Misfit right?" he asked. "Yeah but you can call me Maddison" I replied with a small smile. He has seen my match! I was mentally cheering inside. "Well Mads, you were good in the ring tonight" he said, gazing into my fierce eyes. "I know" I boldly replied with a smirk on my face. "Lacking confidence I see" he teased I rolled my eyes countering "Says Mr.Best in the world". "Nice meeting you Mads" I looked at him confused since he was holding my iPhone in his hand. I realised I must have dropped it when I bumped into him. "Thanks" I brushed a piece of my loose hair behind my ear. "No problem" he replies giving me an award winning smirk. He turned on his heels putting earphones in, walking towards the lift.

I find my room a couple of doors along. I opened the door to see the typical hotel room, plain sheets, clean everything. Including those stupid but cute little shampoos that don't last very long. I jump and flip onto the bed releasing a relieved sigh enjoying the peace of my own mind with no burdens/family members. However my peace was short lived since a buzzing came from my phone alerting me of a text.

Mr.Best in the world: Nice t-shirt ;)

I shook my head rolling my eyes before replying

Mads: Do you have ninja speed or something?

Not even waiting for a reply I take my clothes off and turn off all the lights. Getting into bed with a smile on my lips thinking that nothing was going to be the same again.