Puzzle of a Misfit

Haunted Past

I woke up in an extremely comfy bed, wait hotel beds aren't this comfy. I finally peeled my eyes open to an unfamiliar bedroom. I looked around the room with critical eyes looking for any clue of where I might be. Suddenly I spotted a walking dead box set. This made all the memories with Punk come flooding back. He must have carried me here I thought.

I took the covers off to reveal all my clothes from last night. With my dignity still intact I spotted my converse next to the door of the room. I slowly walked out of the room to hallway seeing Punk in the kitchen with Kofi.His road wife."Morning Mr&Mrs Kingston" I said to them in the most poshest voice I could muster."Ha Ha Ha" Punk replied sarcastic "Awwww Punk you don't have to keep it a secret any more you know you love me" Kofi joined in teasing batting his eyelashes. I met Kofi before my debut match when I went to the gym, we got on well enough to be friends.

"Coffee?" Punk asked with a look in his eyes that told me he was going to regret letting me and Kofi talk."Yes please Punkers" I replied suddenly in perky mood. I've been like this a lot lately for some reason."Punkers?" both he and Kofi questioned although I'm pretty sure Kofi was trying to hold back his laughter.When I just shrugged with a cheeky smile on my face he rolled his eyes.Then moving to get me coffee.

I sat down and chatted with Kofi for while until I heard the ringtone of someone I forgot existed.

'I’m sick of picking the pieces
And second-guessing
My reasons why you don’t trust me
Why must we do this to one another?'

My face turned pale. Kofi grew with concern he tried shaking me out of my daze but nothing could get me out of my trance. I ran towards the door of the bus, rushing towards the hotels gym.Other superstars gave me strange looks since I was fully dressed looking frantic.So overall I must have looked like a crazy person. I headed towards the punching bag, ready to strike with all my strength. Which I did.Blood started to pour from my knuckles with the lack of gloves.But I didn't care the fury built inside came out in waves.

Out of the blue a hands reached out and grabbed the punching bag. I looked at the hands seeing they had 'Drug Free' tattooed across them. I latch onto him hugging him muffling my sobs into his chest. Ignoring the looks from curious onlookers we walked out of the gym. I soon noticed he was leading me his bus.Which was probably the safest place for me.

When we got in the bus he sat me down on the chair. I looked around and noticed Kofi must have left.Good I don't want to fake smile and pretend that I'm fine. I'm friends with Kofi but it doesn't mean I want to spill my deepest and darkest secrets.

Punk came back with medical supplies.He then started to work on my hands but I knew he was curious.Who wouldn't be? I would."Punk?" "Call me Phil" I took that as a sign that he trusted me and that I could trust him. I nodded softly answering the unasked question on if I was going to tell him what it was all about.He soon started to bandage my hands, once he was done he picked me up bringing me onto the couch.Only to return with a blanket.

We then sat in a comfortable silence waiting for someone to start.Not knowing how to approach the subject since it was very sensitive."It was my sister" I whispered which sounded loud considering you could hear non existent crickets in your ear."She called me today. She only calls when she wants money. I used to hope every Christmas that she would just for one day stop.." He looked at me listening absorbing all the information I was giving him."That s-she would stop hitting me.Every time she would do something wrong she would blame it on me.They believed her of course, the angel child. I tried my best to impress them but when I got attention they would turn their backs and lavish her with gifts" I said bitterly "She would steal my money and now she tries to guilt trip me to feed her alcohol stash. When I told my parents about my career choice they threw me out" I noticed from the corner of my that his jaw was clenched. "Luckily I had this friend Jenny she took me in.But a couple of years after I asked her to pick me up from my match and she died in an accident.Drunk driver.It was my fault" I muttered wanting to curl into a ball.

"It's not" He replied staring into my eyes like he genuinely believed it.At that moment staring into his eyes I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders.He kissed my forehead and left the room. I lightly touched where he had kissed a smile never leaving my lips.A part of me felt disappointed that he didn't kiss me on the lips. I wonder what his lip ring would feel like.

He came back into the room with a t-shirt that was obviously his and his underwear that would be like shorts on me. I went into the bathroom and changed coming back into the couch cuddling next to him for the second time. I could get used to this I thought to myself enjoying the peacefulness. I fell asleep emotionally exhausted with him gently playing with my hair.