‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Ten: "She's not okay"

Rileys POV

After a week in hospital, I could finally go home. Ashley tried to get them to release me earlier, but it was too much of a risk.
I tried my best to hold myself together after the doctor told me about my pregnancy, but I found it difficult. How can you lose something you never had? And this could potentially affect our future attempts. Me and Ashley hadn't talked that far ahead, but I still want to know the option is there. I tried not to dwell on it too much. We were on our way home and all I wanted to do was have a shower and curl up next to Ashley.
We pulled up on the driveway and I already felt better. Ashley killed the engine and touched my hand.
"Are you okay?" He said. He sounded just as tired as me.
I nodded and leaned towards him to kiss him.
He got out the car to help me up and took me into the house.
I could not express how relieved I was to be home.
Ashley carried me upstairs and helped me shower. He gently massaged my body, letting the shower gel seep into my skin. Feeling his hands on my skin made me want him so badly, but really I just wanted to sleep.
I put on sweatpants and one of Ashleys t-shirts and went to join him downstairs.
"You want to watch anything in particular?" Ash asked me as I came into the lounge room.
"Comedy please, but I'm probably going to fall asleep. Ash I just want to be next to you. I don't care about anything else" I said hugging him as he looked through our DVD collection. He kissed my forehead and picked me up to lay me on the couch. "Stay" he said giving me a small smile.
He put the movie on and joined me on the couch. I laid my head on his stomach and was asleep by the time opening credits had finished.

Ashleys POV

I hate how she's trying to be strong for me. I know shes in pain, in more ways than one. I just can't believe she was pregnant! How was she not reacting to this! My head spinning from the thought. It's so much to take in. I think she just wanted to focus on me. All she seems to care about is being with me. Must be separation anxiety. We'll get through this.
I heard a light knock at the door. Must be the guys. I called them when I was checking Riley out of hospital. I just needed to talk to them.
I gently moved myself out from under Riley and put a pillow in my place. I covered her with a blanket, then went to answer the door.
I hugged the first person through the door. It was Jinxx.
"Hey, you okay man?" Jinxx said hugging m back.
"Sorry. The last week has been hard. Riley went through some stuff and I've been trying to be strong for her" I said holding back tears.
"What happened? Why was she in hospital for so long?" CC asked.
"I'll tell you guys what happened. Just lets go to the other lounge room. Riley's sleeping" I said cocking my head towards her on the couch.
I saw their faces turn sympathetic when they saw her face.
"What the hell happened to her face?" Andy said going in for a closer look.
"Andy, leave her! She hasn't slept properly in a week!" I tried to say without yelling.
He backed away and we went into another room.
I kept it on a need to know basis. I told them as little as possible about her past. Only what was relevant. I explained what happened and how there was money her dad stole many years ago.
Their faces were intent on my words. Like they didn't believe that this kind of thing happened.
"Holy shit. Is she okay?" Jake asked.
"No, she's not okay. I know she isn't. I feel terrible for bringing her there! I can't help but think that this is my fault! She's trying to be brave. She's trying not to focus on anything, but me. Oh yeah, I didn't tell you. She was pregnant! But because of what happened the baby died inside her and now its possible that she won't be able to have kids!" I said putting my head in my hands.
I could feel their shock. It was one tragedy after another.
I felt one of them put their arm around me. "It's going to be okay" Andy said. I looked up at him and he hugged me. I squeezed him tightly.
"Ashley, we are all here for you and Riley. You know that?" Jake said, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"I know, thanks Jake" I said sniffling. "Thanks to all of you. I really needed to talk."
The guys all gave me hugs and went in to check on Riley to say a silent goodbye. They all left except Andy.
"You okay Andy?" I asked as I walked back into the kitchen with him.
"Yeah, I guess I'm just surprised. Riley didn't really tell me much about her past when we were together."
"Don't worry. She only told me everything because we were there and I had to know. It was the only way I could help her" I said getting a drink from the fridge.
"I still can't believe it. Is she okay?"
"I don't know. I think right now she's going through separation anxiety. She doesn't want me to leave her side. Everything else she's pushed out of her mind, but it'll catch up to her and she'll crack. I hope that doesn't happen, but I know she can't hold onto it forever. When she wakes up you can talk to her if you want."
"Yeah, I might." Andy said.
"Do you wanna watch a movies with us? Cause I'm going to lie down with her again" I said motioning towards the lounge room where Riley was.
"Yeah sure."
I put on another movie and I returned to my place near Riley. Andy sat on the single seated couch closest to me.
Riley stirred, but just snuggled closer to me. I sighed and stroked her hair.
"You really love her, don't you?" Andy said watching me.
"I've never felt like this with anyone before. She gets me. She's like me. We make sense, you know? You knew with Juliet. You couldn't let go. It's like that. When you feel something deeper and that they have to be apart of your life. I don't care how much shit me and Riley go through cause we'll be together. For right now, if she wants me by her side, then that's what I'll do" I said calmly.
Andy smiled. "I'm really happy for you Ash."