‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Eleven: I missed this

Rileys POV

I woke a little whiles later. My arms were wrapped around a pillow and I could faintly hear a movie playing. Where was Ashley?
I looked up and saw Andy sitting on the couch near me. He didn't notice that I was awake.
"Andy?" I said hoarsely.
"Oh hey Riley, you're up" he said coming to sit closer to me.
"Where's Ash?"
"He's making dinner. All the guys were here while you were sleeping, I just stayed. Do you mind if we talk?" His eyes looked at me with worry.
"Umm, sure" I said sitting up carefully.
I could see Andy examining my face and I saw him shake his head.
"Riley, what did you do to yourself? You're so beautiful and you let this happen. Why didn't you ever tell me about your past?" He asked staring directly into my eyes.
"What did Ashley tell you?" I said nervously.
"Just what was relevant. Please tell me what happened after your mom died" he said gently grabbing my hands.
I sighed. I told him everything. Everything between me having anxiety to becoming a stripper. I even told him what my name was before I changed it.
Andy looked at me in shock.
"Riley, why didn't you ever tell me any of this?" He said sounding a little offended.
"Because I was ashamed of what you'd think if me. I got to sing with one of my heroes and then I was going to tell him that my dad was a drug dealer and got my mum killed. I don't want your sympathy. I'm proud of myself for leaving" I said getting upset.
"I'm proud of you too. I'm sorry. I just feel like you left me out of a huge part of your life" Andy said, playing with my fingers
"No, I was saving you from it. I feel horrible for dragging Ashley into it. If something were to have happened to him I wouldn't be here right now. We were very lucky."
"Don't feel bad. Ashley feels bad for bringing you there. He feels like it's his fault."
I looked up at him, "He does?"
"Yeah, he wishes he didn't push you into going."
"No, no. It's not his fault!" I said getting flustered. I got up and went into the kitchen.
"Ash!" I yelled as I approached him.
"Hey Riles, you're up."
I pulled him away from the stove and placed my hands on his face.
"Don't you dare blame yourself for anything that happened! This is all my dads fault. It wouldn't have mattered if I had gone back now or later. Something would have happened! You helped me! Without you I wouldn't be here! I rather take what happened, than being dead! So you are to never say this was your fault! You understand me?!"
He nodded and I hugged him.
"I love you Ash. You saved my life. I can't ever repay you for that" I said into his hair. I pulled away and kissed his lips deeply.
"I love you too doll. I'll try to not blame myself. Now, please go rest. Dinner will be ready soon" he said wanting me to go back to the lounge room with Andy.
I obeyed and went back to the couch.
"All good?" Andy said as I got back under the blankets.
"Yeah. I just don't want him to think it's his fault."
"Have you been okay through this?" Andy said, fixing the blanket near my feet.
"Yeah, I'm just glad to be home. I'm just surprised they never pulled the gun on me. I mean I suppose they knew if they killed me, they would have never found the money. My dad hid the whole safe in a tombstone! No one would have thought of that!"
"Your dad was a smart man then" Andy said laughing.
"Not really" I said laughing with him.
It felt good to be able to laugh again.
Andy moved the coffee table near the couch, ready for when Ashley was done with dinner.
Ash came in two minutes later with three plates of pasta. Holding them how skilled waiters can.
Afterwards, Andy left and I tried to help Ashley clean up.
"No, you lie down. I'll clean up."
"But babe, you cooked! Please at least let me help!" I said starting to run the water to do the dishes.
Ashley splashed some water on me with an innocent look on his face.
"You're gonna pay for that!" I said cupping my hands to fill them with water.
I missed this. Being able to laugh and have fun.
Ashley ended up scooping me up in his arms and taking me back to the couch.
"Stay. I'll be back", but I was asleep before he returned.