Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 29

QUIZ START: It had been one day now. One day since Yuan had saved his sister from Rodyle, and what would have inevitably turned out to be Yggdrasill. But she had been extremely ill, and she still was. She never woke, or even so much as stirred the entire time.

Now, Aura was still asleep. It was ordered she be put in a spare room, and two Renegades guard the door at all times. Not to keep Aura in the room, to keep others, who might harm her or take her to Yggdrasill, out. She was lying on her side, a blanket pulled over her, and her long brown hair spread out on the bed behind her. She never moved...or showed any signs of life other than breathing and her pulse. Yuan stood next to the bed Aura was sleeping in, arms folded over his chest.
Watching over her.
He had been for about 30 minutes now.
Yuan extended one of his arms slowly, and gently rested the palm of his hand against her forehead. As he had done 10 minutes ago, and 10 minutes before that, and another 10 minutes before that. Unnatural heat still radiated from his sister, and it wasn't good. Her fever had gone down greatly, but it wasn't gone yet.
"Hm..." the Renegade leader mumbled, in a slight disapproving tone. He was worried about Aura, and this wasn't helping *Dammit, Rodyle...* he cursed mentally. *What the hell did you do...!?* When, finally, Aura began to stir,
"U-uh...?" she murmured, opening her eyes slightly "Wha...? Where am I...?" her voice sounded weak....she was still suffering from whatever Rodyle did.

"U-uh...?" you murmur, opening your eyes a little, your vision was hazy. You finally registered that you were lying in a bed. Your head was still hurting, badly, and you felt almost ready to throw up. "Wha...? Where am I...?" something was resting against your forehead. You look up to see Yuan looking over you, "Yu...an?" he sighed, pulling his hand from your forehead. He had been checking your temperature.
"...Good. You're finally awake..." with shaky, weak arms, you start to push yourself into a sitting position. One of his hands rested on your shoulder, squeezing lightly. "Don't sit up." he ordered gently, "You'll only feel worse if you do." you lowered yourself back down, nestling your head in the pillow you'd been given.
"...Yuan...where am I...?" you ask weakly,
"...You're in the Tethe'alla Renegade Base." he explained, "...Don't worry... You're safe here."
"I...am...?" you ask.
"Yggdrasill doesn't know the location of my Renegade Bases." Yuan assured, "There's no way he'll be able to find you here... My Bases are probably the only place in either world that you're really safe."
"......." you groan softly, reaching up a hand and rubbing your forehead when it wouldn't stop throbbing, "What...happened to me...?"
"..." Yuan seemed reluctant to answer, "...I'm not sure." he said finally, "Rodyle did something...something that only affected Angelic beings, which is why you and Colette were the only ones affected. You're getting over it...but it will take a while."
"....." you closed your eyes as you tried to think of a way to make your head stop hurting.
"...Here, let me," the Renegade Leader asked, resting his hand over yours to try and heal you. "Ah...!" Yuan pulled his hand from your forehead with a start, clutching his head.
"O...ow...!" you clutched at your head with both hands as you started to blank you.
"Mem...Memories...?" Yuan whispered, sinking to the floor so he wouldn't collapse. The two of you then passed out.

You see a younger you, and a younger Yuan, running through a town covered in snow. Yuan's hair was short back then and you saw...one of his eyes was silver like yours. In this flash back, you were maybe...three, at most, and Yuan was older,
"Hahahahahaha!!" laughed the little 'you' while running around, kicking up snow, as more snow fell, "Weeeeeeee!"
"I'm gonna catch you, Aura!" exclaimed the little Yuan, chasing after 'you'. It was like the perfect snow scene. But, while running, 'you' tripped over something that was hidden in the snow; and fell, scuffing 'your' knee
"Ah!!" 'you' yelped, holding 'your' knee.
"O-h no!" Yuan rushed over to 'you' "Aura, are you ok!? Where does it hurt!? Please don't start crying, are you ok!?" the little you looked up at him, 'you' had tears in her eyes but 'you' smile at him,
"Hahaha...don't worry....Yuan!"
"Wha-what did you say?" he asked, staring at the younger version of you,
"Yuan!!"
"You said my name!!" he exclaimed, hugging 'you',
"Yuan is my...big brother!"
"You...You even called me your big brother!" Yuan exclaimed, hugging 'you' tighter, excitedly "Wow! That's so cool Aura!!" his happiness was starting to get a little... overwhelming
"Ah-ha-ha-ha!!!" the little you wailed, almost crying "Scary!!!"
"O-ops!! Sorry I'm sorry!!" he exclaimed, quickly letting 'you' go. 'You' smile at him again and start laughing, when 'you' started coughing "Aura?"
"Not...feel good..." 'you' said.
"Here, lemme see." he put a hand on 'your' forehead. "Wow...Your really hot...Come on." he got 'you' on his back (like piggy-back) "I'll take you home."
"Thank you, big brother." 'you' said, sleepily. Yuan smiled a little
"Just go to sleep." 'your' arms were loosely wrapped around his neck. Soon, the little you fell asleep, while Yuan carried 'you' home.

Soon he arrived at a decent sized house, all but the lone window on the top floor had light pouring out of it. Yuan quickly rushed inside. His head and shoulders, as well as 'your' head and entire back were covered in a thin layer of snow. The little half-elf shook his head, and knocked off most of the snow, but some still clung to his bluish-green hair.
"Hello, Yuan." greeted a beautiful woman, she had dark brown hair like you, but her eyes were a beautiful blue. "What's wrong sweetie?"
"My little sis! She's sick!" Yuan exclaimed,
"Oh my." she picked the child you up, and quickly brushed snow out of 'your' hair, 'you' were still sleeping. While cradling 'you' in one arm, she put her other hand on 'your' forehead "My, your right. I'm glad you got her back soon, thank you Yuan." she took 'you' to 'your' room.

It went black for a little while, then you see the younger 'you' sleeping in a bed. Yuan was standing next to the bed, a womans voice, different from the voice of the woman from earlier, called.
"Yuan, sweetie. Time to go." he sighed, and turned to leave, when 'you' grabbed his hand suddenly.
"Yuan...you're not going to leave, again...Are you?" 'you' asked, with tear-filled eyes.
"I'm sorry Aura...." Yuan apologized "I don't wanna go... I have to..."
"Your going to come back next year...aren't you?"
"Yeah!" he said. 'You' balled your fist, but stuck out 'your' pinky
"...Promise?" Yuan did the same thing, and locked pinkies with 'you'
"I promise!!" then he pulled his hand away "You need to go to sleep, Aura. That doctor came, he said your sick."
"Ok..." 'you' closed 'your' eyes, and went back to sleep.


Your eyes start to flicker open again. You were lying on the bed, Yuan was gone. You sit up, the blankets falling from your shoulders
"...Yuan?" you see a note on the stand next to the bed. You pick it up, and read what was written inside
'Aura. When I woke, you were still sleeping, but I had to leave. I'm sorry I wasn't there. But there was urgent business that I had to attend to. Stay in bed, try to sleep. You're still weak from whatever Rodyle did to you. I should be back before nightfall. Please, don't run away this time.
~~Signed: Yuan'
You smile a little when you read the 'don't run away this time' you fold the note up, and set it back on the table. You lie down and pull the blankets up to your shoulders. Before you fall asleep, you murmur
"Brother...My...brother..." and you close your eyes. Sleep came easily, and gratefully. You slept peacefully for about 30 minutes, and were then disturbed by the sound of footsteps from outside, coming closer. You would have thought it was Yuan, but...there was more than one person, and a small murmur of voices. However you were still half-asleep, and couldn't make out what was being said. Nor could you identify who was speaking.

You open your eyes slightly when the footsteps stop outside the door to the room you were currently in
"Huh?" you whisper. By this time, you were awake. And heard, what you could now identify as Yuan's voice, say,
"...Your both dismissed."
"Yes, sir." then the two guards that were outside, left. After their footsteps were gone, Yuan explained,
"Aura is in here. She's safe, and recovering now. That's all you need to know."
"Yuan, please. I just want to make sure that she's alright." your heart skipped a few beats. Now you were wide awake. *K-Kratos?!*
"Ha. If Yggdrasill is so concerned, why didn't he just come?! If Aura is awake, she would have the same reaction either way." your brother demanded icily,
"Yggdrasill isn't the one concerned--" the Angel started,
"Yeah. Sure. You're the one concerned about my sister...Tch. I won't let you lie to her again."
"Yuan...! I just want to see her. I swear. I won't do anything to her...Please..."
"...Huh...?" you mumble. Why was Kratos so dead set on seeing you...?
"..." there was silence outside the hall. "...Fine. But I'm going to watch you. Don't do anything to her. Or that seal on your life...is going to be released in a hurry."
"...Alright." you close your eyes, trying to relax and look asleep.