Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 4

QUIZ START: When you reach the landing at the top of the next flight of stairs, you see a huge castle reaching towards the sky. On one side were fancier houses for nobles; on the other was a church. You head up the steps to the castle, but the guards won't let you pass.
"Who are you people?" demanded one.
"We want to meet the King." Lloyd responded.
"His Majesty is ill and is not granting audiences." the other told you. "Now that you know, please leave."
"No! We have to see him!" Lloyd exclaimed,
"I'm sure you do. But until His Majesty is well, there is nothing that can be done." said the first guard, "The Church of Martel is preparing a prayer ritual to pray for His Majesties recovery. So try asking the priests in the church to ensure that he gets well as soon as possible." then two new guards approached,
"Your shifts up." said one of them,
"All right..." responded the original guard.
"I guess we'll have to go to the church." Lloyd said.

After entering the church, you see it's much bigger than any of the churches in Sylvarant *This place is huge...!* you think. You head up to the alter, where a priest is standing,
"Welcome to the Church of Martel." he greeted, then gasped, looking behind you. "Oh, Presea. The prayers are to take place in the royal chambers. Please carry the sacred wood to the castle." after looking back you see a girl, about Genis' height, with pink hair in two big pig-tails, wearing a short purple dress. But when you saw her eyes they scared you. They were empty, like Colettes. The girl had been dragging a huge log behind her,
"...Yes." she responded, her voice was emotionless. Then she left, still pulling the huge log behind her. Genis was blushing,
"...She's cute." he commented,
"That girl he called Presea has an Exsphere, too." Lloyd voiced, "Is that a standard custom over here?"
"Yeah, she's really cute." Genis agreed, not paying attention to the conversation. Lloyd looked at him
"...Your not listening at all, are you?" he asked,
"Excuse me," you ask, "You mentioned prayers...?"
"Yes, thats right." the Priest confirmed,
"Are you praying for the recovery of the King?" asked Raine,
"Yes. The Chosen and the Pope will pray before His Majesty and receive the assistance of Martel." the Priest explained. Lloyd's face lit up as he got an idea.
"You said the prayers will take place in the royal chambers, right?"
"Yes, that's correct. But..." the Priest trailed off,
"Okay, thanks!" the Priest left to continue with work around the church, and Lloyd turned to you all "Guys! I've figured out how were going to see the King!"
"What? What are we going to do?" asked Genis excitedly,
"We'll pretend to carry the sacred wood, and sneak in." Lloyd explained.
"Good idea, Lloyd...!" you tell him. That was one of the best ideas he'd ever had...that you knew of, anyway.
"...I thought you'd say that. But how are we going to get the sacred wood?" Raine asked, probably not knowing the answer either.
"Maybe we could ask Presea? She might help us." you suggest, "She's headed for the castle now...if we hurry we can catch her."
"Yeah." Lloyd agreed,
"What?! R...really?! I agree! Thats a good plan! Lets do that!" Genis agreed happily,
"...Well, all right. Lets try talking to her at least." Raine decided.
"Then lets catch up to her." Lloyd announced, and you all left the chapel.

Once you get outside, Presea was dragging the wood to the steps leading up to the castle. But she was talking to some...fat guy,
"Well then, I'll let you get to work; the sacred wood goes to Altamira. You can do it after your current job is done." he told her *Altamira...* you think
"...Understood." Presea responded, still no emotion in her voice.
"The plan is right on schedule. I must report to Lord Rodyle." your head starts hurting alittle, *That name...Rodyle... It sounds familiar...Rodyle is a Desian.* you think. The man left, and Presea continued dragging the wood towards Tethe'alla Castle.
"...Hey! hang on a sec! Um...Presea!!" Genis called. She waited, and you all ran out to her.
"Could...we have a moment of your time?" asked Raine, Presea didn't respond; but she didn't leave, so you took that as an 'ok'.
"I'm Lloyd. This is Aura, Colette, and Raine and..." started Lloyd,
"I...I'm Genis!!" the little elf introduced,
"...Hey, Genis, why are you all flushed?" asked Lloyd.
"...Presea, please," you ask, "Would you let us help you carry the Sacred Wood? We need to get into the Castle."
"..." she continued to drag the wood away. *Guess not...* you sigh mentally.
"W...wait!!" Genis pleaded,
"I'm sorry. I know this is a bit strange, but please hear us out." Raine said, Presea stopped again, "The truth is, we have a letter we wish to give to the King."
"Our friends life depends on it." Lloyd agreed, "But we have a problem...because the King is sick, and refuses to see anyone."
"..." Presea wouldn't speak, still.
"It would really help us out if we could carry it for you." you add.
"..."
"A...are you listening?" Lloyd asked, worried that she couldn't even hear you.
"...Understood." she left the log, and started walking to the steps,
"Um, Presea?" asked Genis, she wasn't all to clear on what you were supposed to do now.
"...Please carry that." she instructed, not looking back.
"Oh! Okay! Leave it to us!!" Lloyd agreed excitedly.

Lloyd and Genis try to lift the log, or pull it, but it didn't budge an inch' they tried their hardest, but it wouldn't move.
"Oh my g...w...wait a minute! Arrgh...this thing is heavy!" Lloyd groaned, putting all his strength into trying to move the log, only to be unsuccessful.
"D-do you want some help...?" you ask,
"N-no, no, we can get it--" Lloyd told you. But before they could try again, Presea came back and dragged the log away...with one hand.
"...I've lost all confidence as a man." Lloyd announced,
"Me too..." Genis agreed, heaving a sigh.
"...Anyway, lets follow her." Raine suggested. And you all run up the steps after her, hoping that you could still get into the castle.
"Sorry to keep you waiting." Lloyd said. Presea was going to pull the log, Lloyd and Colette were on the left side, Raine and Genis on the right, and you in back.
"Wait! Its not just Presea today?" asked a guard suspiciously,
"Who are you people?" asked the other,
"We are helping her deliver the sacred wood to use in the prayer ceremony." Raine informed them,
"Today is...special..." Presea agreed.
"...All right. You may pass." the guards moved aside and you all walk into the castle.