Status: First attempt at becoming a successful writer. Hoping it good to read.

In Love With the Manhunter

Chapter 6: Eye of the Storm

I sped down the street gripping the steering wheel with all my anger I had built up. Behind me were about three hundred and fifty-five cops all from the SWAT division. Soon we came up on a warehouse were about five people stood guard spotting up as soon as we turned the corner. They opened fire on us I slammed on my brakes having the three armored transports passed me shielding me from the incoming fire. The one of the SWAT Transports shot shot by a plasma rocket. The transport slammed into the warehouse Eddie was hiding in. The transport began to burn in a purple flame. But then the back door on the transport burst open as grey assault bots began to attack some of Eddie’s gang. The second transport slowed to a stop before the backdoors opened more police bots began to grab guns from their back before joining the other bots in attacking Eddie’s gang. The third transport however just kept going slamming into the warehouse making a nice hole in the warehouse, as the purple flames of the first transport began to spread. I slammed into a couple of Eddie’s men they slammed to the ground all dead from the impact. I got out as a man charged me slamming a knife into my gut, however it didn’t even pierce my shields. I grabbed his head spinning it 180 degrees as it faced the battle behind him. He fell to the ground as I stepped over him drawing my twin heavy pistols. I fired a couple of shots getting all headshots as I stormed into the warehouse. I kicked in the door as the police bot came in behind me scanning the room with their guns drawn. Their guns all of a sudden crumpled in their hands as their bodies soon followed. I heard a sound like thunder as a bone breaking pain shot through my gut. I was thrown off my feet, but I got up quickly my anger forcing me to fight threw my pain. I looked down to see a hole the size of a fist. I touched it, but luckily there was no blood just my armor had been punctured. I looked up to see a man in a white trench coat, and a face that brought immense anger to me, but then a women came from behind him holding a rifle that was pointed at me. She had on black and white armor on that had a bull’s skull painted over the chest that seemed to be harshly removed only barely visible. I looked back at Eddie as he reloaded a tesla railgun.
“You a complete idiot tank, you know that?!” Eddie basically screamed at me.
“Yeah and you’re a fucking coward, do ‘you’ know that?” I said more than asked as my shields began to recharge, “First my- first our family, then my to be wife, and then John…. Your a murdering psychopath.”
“Oh you want to go there. What about in the army on Harmony Ark? You mind telling me what the fuck happened there!?”
“You went insane. You wanted to kill everyone, and I however meant to put that to an end, but I failed. You took in Carbogen Malo gas you went insane because of it. The gas from Harmony Ark made you think everyone but me was a monster waiting to plaster your guts everywhere.” I spat back pointing one of the pistols at Eddie, “You left me no choice!”
“Bullshit you could have gotten me pumped and cleansed me of the gas, but nooo! The big great Ryder Gale had to save the planet!” Eddie said dropping the railgun pulling out a heavy revolver of his own.
“That name is dead to me. That’s person was the one who failed to save our family and you.” I said growling gripping the pistol tighter.
“So you’re calling me mentally unstable, but yet you are basically creating a act as if bounty hunting is a game. Maybe when we were on Harmony maybe you sucked up some of the gas too. Newsflash ‘Shadow’ you are basically insane yourself!” Eddie spat right back his green eyes beginning to burn with fury.
“So I’m guessing you told Stripes about your version of the story, and the many points you glossed over because that’s really becoming a very unbecoming trait you…. Developed.” I said. As I lowered my pistol Eddie did the same.
“Ah yes the points I ‘glossed’ over.” Eddie said muttering the last part a bit
Stripes looked at him and I facepalmed, “The points you so eagerly gloss over are indeed important. So start off with: there were no pumps for the gas, I left him because we got seperated by dire wolves and diconiquises, and lastly I saw him fall into the dire wolves, and I got hit before I could get back to him! I wanted to come back, but I was hit by a concussion shot and it knocked out. I awoke in the main base and I was told you were dead!” I yelled right back moving closer to him and pushed him a little, “SO that’s what I believed numb nuts. I wanted to look for you seven times, but they won’t let me, Eddie it wasn’t possible to go look for you even if I tried I probably would have shot me dead, and put me down as a deserter.”
“Wait your brothers?” Stripes asked
“Sort of.” Eddie and I both said before facing each other.
“Well that’s all fine and dandy isn’t it, but without these upgrades that saved my life-”
I cut him off, “More like becoming sub-friggin-human!”
“Really says the one with maximus hydra running through their veins constantly!” Eddie pointed out pushing me, but it didn’t do much, “You’re basically cutting off your nervous system just so you don’t feel pain Mr. I’m Perfectly Human!”
“I’ve told you manies time I don’t use that stuff constantly, I only use it in emergencies, as painkillers Eddie.” I pointed out
“What’s Maximus Hydra?” Stripes asked
“It’s a super powered nervel drug.” Eddie and I basically shouted at her together.
“Yeah in ‘emergencies’, so I guess an ‘emergency’ is when you get shot at right?”
“Shut the hell up! You use to be addicted to the stuff stealing the packets constantly from me!”
“I had seven broken ribs, a shattered kneecap, a broken femur, eight fractured fingers, a cracked jaw, and not to top it all off a cracked in skull you effing half-wit!” Eddie said pushing me once again.
“You were given painkillers you dipshit!” I said extending my hands emphasizing my point poking him hard in the chest.
“I used them all up due to the immense pain I was in, also it was just simple morphine!” Eddie said as if to excuse his stealing.
“You were given a month’s supply and you took it all in a couple of days!” I pointed out, crossing my arms over my chest.
“It was just dull morphine it didn’t do much, and so what?!” Eddie said poking me back.
“Guys.” Stripes said trying to gain our attention tapping my shoulder, but I just shrugged her off.
“So what? You could have simply asked me to have a few doses of it rather than taking my maximus hydra that I spent precious credits on.” I said stepping closer to Eddie.
“Guys!” Stripes said a bit louder raising her rifle to at something. Tapping Eddie’s should but only resulting in the same outcome.
“You wouldn’t have given me any even if I asked!” Eddie interjected now extending his hand to make his point
“GUYS!!!” Stripes screamed at us as we both looked at her.
“WHAT!!!” Eddie and I screamed at her. When we looked at the way Stripes at aiming her rifle we saw the police bots cornering us. They had their weapons drawn aiming them at us. Green lasers were all pointing at Stripes, Eddie, and me.
“You think we can take all them?” Stripes asked
“I can take twenty easily.” Eddie stated reaching for his railgun
“I can take down forty-five.” I said holstering my pistols, and reached for my assault rifle that was on my back.
“This is not the time you dumbasses!” Stripes said cocking her rifle a golden casing falling to the ground with a small clang
“True.” Eddie and I said simultaneously. Eddie loading yellow cartridges into his revolver. I rested the rifle in my hands the sight building up. Both of the sides wait for the other to make the first move.
Suddenly Eddie dove grabbing his railgun popping off a few shots. Stripes also popped off a few shots hitting off some of the bots heads, however they still began to fire. I opened fire trying to spray down as many as I could. When the assault rifle’s clip was empty I quickly ejected it slamming a new one in the rifle as my shields began to fall quickly, as I was their main uncovered target. I dive rolled over to cover as my shields finally fell. I began to blind fire over the box I was hiding behind hoping I would hopefully hit something. When I looked to my right I saw Eddie load another giant red cylinder into his railgun. I pressed a button on one of the boxes on my belt as manies very small metal spheres filled my cupped hand. I threw them into the blue and silver sea of robots in front of us. When I thought all of the sphere were on the ground I pressed a button on my gauntlet as small bangs erupted behind me. When I peeked my head over my cover I saw it made a dent in their forces, however I began to see more bots fill the place of the fallen robots, and to top it off four more armorer transports arrived. “We got four more transports outside, we will be overrun if we don’t do something fast!” I shouted over the gunfire.
Eddie fired his railgun utterly destroying three police bot as he ejected the spent shot, “I only have a few more bolts, and I begrudgingly agree with Ryder... Rachel?” I looked to see her take a few shots before she fell to the ground dropping her rifle, “Rachel!” Eddie screamed before blasting three more bots.
“Eddie give me the telsa and go after her!” I said getting ready. I connected some small clear tubes to my gauntlet running to the back of my neck. When Eddie tossed me the railgun I pressed a button as bright orange liquid. I roared like an animal as I jumped over my cover into the blue and silver sea.

******

I tossed Ryder my railgun as I saw tubes fill with a bright orange liquid that flew into him. I ran popping off some shots diving over to Rachel. When I reached her she had light blue electricity flowing around her. “Are you alright? Is your armor doing that locking thing again?” I asked rolling up my right sleeve revealing my robot arm. My robot arm opened a bit as a small yellow screen built up showing numbers, a skeletal form and a pulse meter that spike a little irregularly. I tapped a few thing on the screen, and then it disappeared as the electricity vanished from Rachel, and she began to slowly get up. I gave her her rifle as I drew my heavy revolver from my coat holster pulling back the hammer shooting seven time before I opened the cylinder of the revolver seeing they were all empty. I quickly empty them of the spent cartridges replacing them with glowing fresh yellow ones. When I looked up I saw Ryder smash a bot under his boot before he stuck my railgun into a bots chest firing it obliterating five bots before he use the butt of the rail gun to bash another two bot in. I jumped in behind him placing a clawed brass knuckle over my hands, “Right behind you!” I warned bashing in a bots head sparks erupting from the robot’s head. I kicked the robots spine with my robot leg I was sporting basically busting the robot in half. My robot arm glowed a dark purple as another robot got smashed into a blue ball before it collided with another police bot.
“On your left!” Ryder warned me as he snapped a police bot over his knee blasting another bot into pieces. I put my revolver into the bot’s throat pulling the trigger slamming my bass knuckled hand into its gut as Ryder drew his knife slicing a bot across its throat as bright green sparks erupted from the robot. I grabbed my railgun off Ryder’s back slamming its stock over a police bots head as it shattered, which did not finish it. I slammed a red cylinder into the railgun pulling the trigger as a giant hole formed into the robot’s chest finishing it off, “Did you…. Get Stripes up?” Ryder asked cutting another robot emptying the pistol’s clip into the bot.
“Her name is Rachel, and yes I got her up.” I said drop kicking a police bot into Ryder’s knife as he side slammed the bot destroying it.
“One two?” Ryder asked picking a robot.
“Yes!” I responded gripping the bot in my dark purple telekinesis. Ryder pulled the robot’s arms and legs in opposite directions as I pushed the bots body into the air slitting the robot into three pieces. The bots number began to diminish, but they retreated as three mega riot assault drones rolled in. “Not good.” I muttered backing until Ryder, Rachel, and I were back to back forming a tight triangle. This was a mistake we made, but before we could correct it the riot drones trapped us. “There armor is to thick my railgun could punch a hole through it but it only had one shot left, any bright ideas?” I asked drawing both my revolver and railgun. Ryder held both of his heavy pistols aiming them at the two drones closest to him. Rachel held her rifle at the drone facing her and she looked like she was going to topple over. The drones suddenly opened from their yellow spheres and aimed big chin guns at us. They began to spin as a blue shield opened over us. The blue shield began to ripple like water as the drones fired at us. I looked to see Ryder fall to his knee ripping off his helmet. He spit a wad of blood out as more poured from his nose. “Let me guess, you never changed to the Mark-7X?” I asked kneeling next to him.
“Nope.” He simple said before spitting out more blood a small puddle of blood forming under him, “Forgot about it-” Ryder said before vomiting out more blood some of it ending up on my spiked boots.
“Oh don’t tell me you're going to die by a simple shield deterioration?” I asked wiping off my boots.
“S-Shut up you- you’re not h-helping…” Ryder said obviously strained he dropped to both his knees more blood pouring from his nose and mouth some even coming out of his eyes, “Eddie- aim for the scaf- scaffolding and beams ab- above us- above us Eddie now!” Ryder said as the shield turned a bright purple before it disappeared. I aimed the railgun over my head charging up a shot. When I released the shot it collided with the main support to the building and it began to collapse. Some of the beams fell on the drones destroying them but some also fell around us basically trapping us. Out of some incalculable luck the beam and scaffolding fell around us forming an imperfect dome around us. Ryder placed just helmet back on, and then he collapsed.
“Yeah no it fine just rest while we haul your two ton body through this mess.” I said sarcastically trying to find a way out of the dome we were encased in.
“We’ve got to get out of here quickly.” Rachel said slinging her rifle over her back.
“Well lucky for us we can still breathe in here-” I cut myself off as I was brightened up in a purplish glow, “However that huge fire will kill us.” I hopped down from my little window to the outside trying to think of a way out of this cage.
Before I could open my mouth my wrist began to crackle with static, “Boss are you still alive in their?” a female voice said through the static. I knew the thick russian accent anywhere.
“Ah Natalia you survived the onslaught be it with others I presume.” I said raising my wrist to my face
“Yea I did boss and Bruticus did too!” Natalia said
When she finished her sentence a deep heavy voice also came through the static, “Boss I’m still alive too, but I think we’re the only ones left of the gang!” Bruticus said a bit loud than I would have liked.
“Yeah cool good for us, now do you want to scream it any louder?! I understand the gang is dust, but I and… a couple others need help also. Come into the warehouse and dig us out of this dome we’ve constructed. Make is snappy we need to get out of her in a hurry. I-... we need to get off Crime city fast I’ve got a price on my head by the cops and so does Rachel and Ryder-” before I could finish I was Interrupted.
“Ryder is in there? Sir we will help you kill him we are coming!!!” Bruticus said as I could hear heavy footsteps both getting quieter and louder at the same time.
“No you idiot.” when I didn’t hear a response and began to hear scratching and the metal groaning I snapped at Natalia, “Go after him Natalia before he crushes us and gets himself killed by Ryder that I’m standing next to.” I cut the connection as I again began to look off a way out. The metal collapsed a little as I saw a metal rod drop going to impale Rachel. I saw the rusted metal rod slowly fly toward her. I felt like time was slowing down just to mock me on how slow I true was. But before I could even make a move I saw Ryder get up quickly and raise his hand protecting her. I saw the metal protecting the back of his hand dent a little before a dark red liquid began to rush down his arm.
“Ah god dammit” Ryder growled a bit pulling the metal rod from his palm as a steady stream began to spit out of the medium sized hole. He began to wrap a black cloth around the wound.
“Oh my god you idiot” I chuckled, “Now I do thank you but still your and idi-” I was cut off as the dome once again lowered bashing me in the head a soft ringing emitting for the hit.
Rachel and Ryder chuckled together as a small hole opened above us, “Boss I got you come on the copers are regrouping down factory street. If we hurry we can get to the sewers and run!” Bruticus said as he tried to make the hole bigger.
“No Bruticus we need to leave Crime City altogether! We can not stay here and after you destroyed the ship I think we have to go with my good old buddy Ryder here.” I said throwing a thumb behind me. I saw him raising a scrap gun, “No we’re not killing him he’s our way out and I don’t think his A.I. Zero wouldn’t let us just take his ship. Anyways I digress get that hole bigger and let’s get the hell out of here!” I said as I could just barely make out the sound of metal matching. “Hurry they're coming!” I ordered waving Rachel over to me. She was a little reluctant before I made her raise one of her boots as she step on my hand as I lifted her up. Bruticus and Natalia lift her up and out. When the hole was finally big enough Ryder did the same to me lifting me up and out of the dome. When Bruticus finally made the hole big enough Ryder flew out with fire coming out of his back, arms, feet and hands. When he hit the ground the jets cooled before disappearing back into his armor. “That’s new, upgrades?” I asked pulling out my revolver and ejecting the spent cartridges filling them with new ones. I spun the cylinder before flicking it into the revolvers body.
“Yes I needed some flight capability on the moon grotto Axis nine. The moon was falling apart so I got the upgrades for my armor. Anyway let's get to my ship we need to get off the planet. Eddie when does the Planetary drain come?” Ryder asked
“It comes in approximately hour and thirty minutes why?” Natalia answered looking at Ryder.
“No! No we are not doing Reaper’s Gulf!” I said quickly as I imagined a small grin grow on his face as he chuckled. “Ryder that was when we were stupid and a bit drunk… Ryder no!” I protested backing away from him a little.
“It’s the only way if they…. send… those after us.” Ryder said looking up.
When we all followed his gaze we saw more than two dozen ship hovering above the city as the shield dome around the city began to disperse as the rain had stopped altogether.
“I spot Sentinel class, and Vanguard class destroyers moving in!” Natalia said in a worried tone, “Let run fast to your friend’s ship!”
“Agreed.” I said following Natalia outside.
“I got a vehicle that can sit four people!” Ryder said following us pointing at a scratched up car. Ryder and Bruticus went farther than us before a giant yellow bolt flew of the sky obliterating the scratched car. We all skidded to a halt as Ryder and Bruticus flew away from the car crashing to the ground hard. “Never mind screw plan B, Plan A is a go. Run like hell!” Ryder said as they both got up off the ground quickly blotting for the city’s hanger bay. As we ran we tried to avoid fighting as much as we could as the Sentinel ships tried to blow us to pieces.
“We- can’t stop- the sentinels will zero us in if- we do!” Natalia said through gasps of air as we ran for your lives.
“Again I- agree- Zero get the ship ready- you were right!” Ryder said into his wrist as he vaulted over a white cement road block.
“Shadow what’s happening? You sound like you're in the war again!” a female voice said, which I was guessing was Ryder’s A.I. Zero, “I basically am! Now get the ship ready and open up power to the cycler turret, the ION cannon, the plasma cannon, and the plasma repeater. We got Sentinel and Vanguard class ships on us and I got a few frenemies coming on board too. When we get on the ship save all questions, threats, and or comments until the end of the saving of our lives thank you.” Ryder finished cutting the connection to his AI.
“You still have the XR?” I asked as I slid under a transport that flew by.
“Yes and it also got a few upgrades as well. How much more time do we still have until the drain?!” Ryder ordered rather than asked
“Forty-five more minutes. We will be well on your ship and in the air before it hits.” Natalia reported as she flipped over a bot blasting out his chest.
“Well shit, well Eddie looks like we have to wait a bit until we navigate Reaper’s Gulf, but now we have to go up against a armada instead how fun!” Ryder said angrily as he blasted a police bot into pieces before body checking another into a car.
“Is this going to be fun or terrifying Boss?” Bruticus asked as he used his giant form to trample three police robots out of the way.
“A mix but more terrifying than anything!” I answered sliding across a car’s hood before bashing a robots head with my bladed brass knuckles, “However the fun factor should still be there!”
“Ok Boss I’ll make the best of it!” Bruticus said in a cheery tone.
As we continued to run I saw the hanger bay very close only about two streets down. But suddenly two hover tanks rolled in blocking the hanger bay, “Bruticus take care of those two tanks!” I ordered sliding into cover as the tank opened fire with it’s miniguns.
“Ok Boss! Firing anti tank blaster!” Bruticus said plucking a giant rifle from his back.
“Stop saying you’ll do it and just fire the damn blaster!” I ordered covering my head as some of concrete barrier I was hiding behind began to crumble away. Bruticus got out of his cover aiming the giant rifle at the hover tanks. When he pulled the trigger the rifle lit up like a firecracker before a giant blue beam flew out of the rifle hitting one of the tanks head on. At first it seemed to do nothing before it fell to the ground before exploding into a purple flames before a second explosion erupted from inside the tank sending more purple flames into the sky in a small mushroom cloud. Bruticus went back into cover as the other hover tank began to lock on to him. I looked up to see one of the Sentinel ship guns start to faintly glow yellow, “Everyone the Sentinel ship is preparing to fire run toward the tank quickly!” I yelled before vaulting over the destroyed barrier. Everyone including Ryder ran toward the tank with neither question nor hesitation. The tank struggled to pick a target as is fired not made for the close range we were giving it, but Rachel, Natalia, and I slid under the hover tank, whilst Ryder and Bruticus climbed over it. When the beam came crashing down from the one of the many Sentinel ships it engulfed the hover tank burning it to ash. We were all thrown by the blast rolling on the metal road before slowly come to a stop. Luckily the explosion from the blast cover us and we rolled into a covered alley. We all got up shakily using the walls of the ally to prop us up.
“That was too close.” Natalia muttered peaking out of the alley, “We have about a few yards to go before we get to the hanger, and it seems some of the ships are dispersing.”
“Well we made it this far…. When we are all ready we make a final break for it to the hanger, then we emergency lock the doors as I get the docking collar off my ship. The ship shouldn’t blow up the hanger as there are many other ships in it.” Ryder said also taking a look outside the alley.
“I think you're forgetting about something.” Rachel stated, “The hanger bay has a long bridge going to it, which I should point out is completely devoid of cover around us or over us.”
“I forgot about that.” Ryder said sighing before he started typing on his gauntlet, “Ok let’s get ready to run.” All of us pushed off the wall as we full out sprinted toward the hangar bay When we broke out to the open we all pushed harder trying to get off the open bridge as fast as we could, “Sentinel's charging up!” Ryder screamed as we all seemed to gain more energy as we ran faster and faster, which we all wished we could just go faster. We heard a sound akin to static electricity as yellow beams began to fall around us.
“Why are they not firing on us?” Bruticus asked looking up at the ships, but then the bridge began to groan, and sway side to side, “Oh.”
“Come on, we have only a few more feet to go!” Natalia urged us to go on.
Ryder snatched the heavy blaster off Bruticus’ back, “Hey that’s mine?!”
“Shut your mouth and keep quiet unless spoken too!” I ordered and and somewhat scolded him.
“Sorry boss.” Bruticus squicked out. Ryder slid across the bridge using his jets to push him further. He aimed the blaster firing it at the closest Ship. Suddenly the air itself shook as one of the sentinels exploded from the inside out. The ship began to fall as it collided with another sentinel ship also taking it down with it. As they crashed into the dark water abyss below. The water shot up almost overcoming the bridge.
“Ryder drain coming it T minus sixty five seconds!”
“Everyone to my ship!” Ryder ordered opening the grey blast doors revealing a grey ship. The ship was a W shape and was colored a black and white. Then a small ramp descended from the ship's body. When we got closer the ramp was not small it was the ship which was really big. The ship was not huge as a destroyer class ship would be but it was definitely bigger than a fighter ship is. When We reached the door me and Ryder posted up on the sides of the ramp cover everyone as they got on. When Bruticus got on I looked at Ryder as blaster fire poured in from the open blast door. I opened fire as I began to see easily a three dozen droid pour into the hanger. When I shot seven times I opened the revolver's cylinder as a small minigun slid out of one of the wings. It spun faster and faster before it let out a low hum as it fired. Red lasers began to mow through the police bots as just more poured in. “Eddie get on I’ll cover you!” Ryder ordered more than said to me. I put in fresh new cartridges as I got out of my cover firing some random shot as I got onto his ship. When I did I reached into my coat plucking a large white cylinder that was lined in green. When I did I pulled the pin connected to it tossing it toward the robots. I kneeled down firing some random shot as smoke began to fill the hanger. I saw Ryder come running up the ramp coughing, “Next time warn me, I didn’t get to put on my filters!” He said as he ran down a small hallway into what looked like a small living room, but over close it still looked like a ship storage area. “Bruticus go that way down the ladder to the ION cannon, Natalia go with Bruticus but instead go up the ladder, Eddie go down that hallway and into the door and get on the plasma repeater, and Str- I mean Rachel go down that hallway and get on the plasma cannon.” Ryder said pointing at the three hallways as he order us to go. We all bolted to the guns. When I got to the door I opened cringing a bit. I sat in the black car finding a W shaped control stick with a black very small screen in between the two black sticks with black buttons on the sticks. The black screen turned a dark orange as I flicked some switches above me. When I turned the silver knob on the side of the small screen when I did two bright orange grids popped up with a circle in between them. I looked to my left to see a grey head set on a small hanger. I grabbed it putting it on hearing static. I punched the console next to me as the static broke as I heard Ryder’s voice, “Is everyone in?”
“Yes we all said in unison,” Then a question popped into my mind, “Hey Ryder where in the hell did you get this gun it’s such low tech.” I said moving the trigger back and forth as my seat moved with the gun. The gun itself outside it was a greyish white rectangle with four barrels jutting out all of them ending in a horizontal fins
“I got it off some smuggler with a walking carpet as a companion, ripped the gun off the top of his ship and took the essentials.” Ryder said chuckling a bit, “His pistol packs a punch with that stupid ‘lucky shot’ I think he called it.”

******

“Zero are those guns unlocked and what about the docking collar?” I asked coughing a bit from Eddie’s smoke, “Jessica come here and sit.” Jessica did as I said and she was in the leather armor I got her (I thought she wouldn’t find it whatever this isn’t the time.) I thought locking the seats belts and harness in. I shook the harness a bit jiggling Jessica a bit to hard, “Sorry, this thing needs to be secure with what’s coming.” I said hopping into the seat next to her as a control stick and thruster stick came out of the console in front of me.
“Yes Shadow, but the main cannons and shield generators are still down they haven’t warmed up yet all I can do is something deflectors however any shot more than a small fighter ship fire will obliterate them and damage the ship’s hull heavily.” Zero said appearing at the pedestal built into the console before me.
“Noted now get those generators warmed up first then worry about the main cannons, I still have the infantry minis right?” I asked flicking a few switches, and pressing a few buttons I pushed the thruster forward only getting some rumbling and scratching before a giant boom erupted from the back of the ship, “What was that?!” I asked trying to get free of the docking collar.
“We are being shot by a ION turret a few more blasts like that and we will not have the deflectors and no more Xeno Rampant to get us out of here!” Zero told me as a second boom erupted from the side of the ship, “Deflectors at ninety-five percent remaining, and two more are locking on!”
I pushed the thrusters full power as a high pitched whine and squeal screamed from above the ship. I did it again as the high pitched whine and squealing continued before the sound of metal being snapped sounded as the ship flew forward toward a wall. I cut the engines as we fell toward the water as I slammed them back to full power as we blasted toward the Sentinel and Vanguard class ships, “Zero get us into attack mode, and Jessica put that helmet on and hold on!” I said going head to head with basically a armada as an opponent, “Everyone eyes up, all guns prepare to fire we got enemy fighters coming straight for us and we do not have any defences take them down before they can do any damage be it small or large!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright now things are getting exciting! But can Shadow or now know as Ryder can he truly coexist with his greatest enemy Eddie? Who is the true monster? Is it the unfeeling merciless bounty hunter, or is it the insane gang leader? Is Ryder to blame for Eddie's rampages? And what about the police? Was it a simple set up or is there a third party involved or is it just a coincidence..... Is there a way where Ryder Gale and Eddie Gale able to live as brothers again, or are they just evading a each others blows? Can the legendary Gale brothers reunite to take on their enemies once again or is it going to end in "Let the best man win" Will their be peace between the brothers or is their only hatred and rage between them...