You're My Cure

Chapter 11

A month went by since Vic and I started dating and things were going for the best. I was the happiest guy in the world. How couldn't I be when I was with the best boy in the entire world. He was always so caring, so loving. He was the same old Vic that I first fell in love with many years ago. He was the same angel that made me feel incredible things. He was the same incredible human being that knew how to make you feel special. Vic was everything to me, I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend. We had our rough times in the past, but we forgot about it. He sure hurt me, but he was there now and that was all that really mattered to me. The past was in the past and we only focused on our present and future together. It was going to be beautiful, how it was meant to be from the start. Vic was all I needed to be happy and it seemed like I was everything he needed to be as well. We were each other's cure, the one and only ingredient that could make the pain go away and chase away the tears.

Vic and I still attended group support which would soon be over. We both didn't feel the need to go anymore, but we still did. As for me, I didn't really have the choice since it was the judge's order. It just gave me another occasion to spend some quality time with Vic. I was proud of ourselves because we both didn't drink a single drop of alcohol since we got together. We didn't need it an we knew how to fight the urges. There were sure times where we wanted it, it wasn't that easy for us to get rid of an addiction. There were times where we thought about sad events of our past making us want to drink. Drinking used to be our cure to chase away the pain, but things changed. We never let tempatation win over us. We found ways to distract ourselves when the temptation was getting too big, too hard to handle. We would watch some shows on Netflix, we would go out for a long walk together or we would just cuddle and make out in bed which was one of my favorite things to do with Vic. All moments spent with him were incredible, from the smallest to the most romantic ones.

My mother still was very supportive of my relationship with Vic. It sure wasn't what she expected from me, but she was happy for me like the great mom she was meant to be. She was protective, yet she let me take my own decisions. I knew that she would always be there for me if I ever had downs again. But I knew it would not happen. My happiness was only going to grow bigger and bigger with Vic by my side. There were nights where my mother invited Vic over for dinner and they were getting along very well. They already knew each other since Vic and I dated in the past but so many things happened in the last years that they didn't really know each other very well anymore. I was glad when my mother told me that she liked Vic and that he was a very nice guy. She said that we looked perfect together and that she hoped that things would last forever between us. She also said that she would not hesitate in punching and hunting if he ever hurt me again. My mother was not a violent person until it came to me. She would not hesitate in hurting someone that hurt me first. How I loved her.

Today was a special day for Vic and I. I worked a lot in the past month, almost every single day. I was supposed to work only a few hours per week, but I spoke with my boss and he made me a full-time employee which made me very happy. I wanted to make the most money possible because I only had one goal in mind. With the help of my mother who so kindly offered me some money, I was finally going to move in with Vic. I was going to live in his appartment from now on. I wanted to make money because there was no way I was going to let him pay for everything. I also wanted to take our time and not rush things. But moving with him felt like the right thing to do since I was always at his place or he was always at mine. I was so excited. The few belongings I was going to bring at Vic's were all packed. I was sitting in the kitchen with my mother, waiting for Vic to pick me up. My mother was crying and it broke my heart a little.

''Don't cry mom, it's okay,'' I assured her as I put my arm around her shoulder.

''I know baby. I'm just...This house is going to be empty without you. But know that I'm very happy for you. I'm so glad that you found what you've been looking for. It's so good to see you smile again, that the old and real is back. And I really hope that it is there to stay. I wish you all of the best things because you deserve nothing less than that. I love you Kellin and you'll always be my little baby, my son. But it's time to you to use your wings and let the wind take you wherever you need to be,'' my mother replied.

I had tears in my eyes, my mother was always good at making me cry. I stood up from seat and hugged her tightly. That woman meant so much to me, she helped me be who I was at that moment. She turned me into a great man and she never gave up on me. She was always there for me and she never judged me. She always accepted my decisions and she always respected my wishes even though they weren't always the smartest and best ones. She was a perfect mother for me. Even though we fought sometimes, I would never have traded her for any other mother. I had the best mother in the entire world and nobody was going to make me change my mind. We hugged for minutes until we heard the loud noise of a car horn, Vic's car horn. I gave my mother a kiss on the cheek before breaking the hug.

''Call me and visit me whenever you want Kellin. I will always be there for you,'' she said as I grabbed the big box on the floor.

''I sure will. Thanks for everything mom. Seriously, I don't know what I would have done without you. You were always there for me when nobody else was. I will never be thankful enough. I owe it all to you mom, you're amazing and I love you,'' I replied.

''I love you son. Now go, Vic's waiting for you. Be safe,'' she said.

''I will, bye mom,'' I replied as I opened the door and was met with the fresh air.

Vic was out of his car, waiting for me. The box was so heavy that I could not walk fast. Vic laughed a little and walked towards me and helped me carry the box like a perfect gentleman. I felt like this was all a dream. I could barely realize that I was actually moving in with Vic, my precious and perfect boyfriend. Vic put the box in the backseat before kissing me tenderly, like he always did. His lips were an addiction, his kisses were a drug. It was an addiction that I loved and that I would keep forever. I got in the passenger's seat as Vic got in the driver's seat and we headed to his appartment, our appartment. It was so crazy. We were actually going home, to our home. I knew that this was my home, it was meant to be from the start. Life finally stopped being an arrogant and selfish jerk and finally let Vic and I be happy together. All my happiest were spent with him. I needed him to be happy.

When we got to the familiar appartment building, Vic and I got out of the car. I went to grab my box full of random stuff, but Vic didn't let me to. He grabbed my hand and led me to the entrance. I loved where this was leading. He went up the stairs rapidly and I could tell that we wanted the exact same thing. When we reached Vic's or should I say our floor, Vic made us ran until we reach the appartment. Vic opened the door and seconds later, we were in the appartment. Vic closed the door behind us and pushed me against it before kissing me passionately. Yes, I really loved where this was going to lead. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. I kissed him back with as much enthusiasm. Our tongues were fighting for dominance, but it was a fight I could not win. My hands soon travelled down Vic's body until they reached his pants. I needed him, I needed him as close to me as possible. But I was stopped when Vic pushed my hands aways.

''Not n-now,'' Vic said as he stopped kissing me.

''Why? I need you Vic,'' I replied.

''I-I know, I need you too Kels, so much. But there is something I need to do and say first,'' he added.

''Okay...'' I said nervously.

He moved his hand away from me only to reach the back pocket of his black skinny jeans. A few seconds later, there was a tiny white box in his hand. Vic took a deep breath and opened it. I could not believe my eyes. There was a ring in the box, an actual ring. I was so confused, yet so happy. I felt like crying but I had to let Vic speak first. I needed to know more.

''This is a promise ring. I-I know that I gave you one in the past and that I broke all of my promises and I'll never be sorry enough for that. You were everything I needed to be happy and I let you go. It was dumb and I'm still very sorry about it. Now that I have you back in my life, I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. It was you from the start, it was us from the start and I was too blind to see it. You're everything to me, Kellin. You're the first one who put a real and genuine smile on my face since Mike died. You're the first one who really cared about me and didn't judge me. You understand me better than everybody else in this big and messed up world. You helped me fight an addiction that I believed I would never get rid of. You helped me be a better me only in a couple of months. I love you Kellin Quinn, more than words can explain. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up with you by my side every morning for the rest of my life. I want to kiss you good night every day, I want to hug as many times as humanly possible. I want to do everything with you. You're special and you're one of a kind. I'm so glad that you are mine and I hope that you will let me be yours until the end. I promise to love you as much as I possibly can. I promise you to make you feel like the most important human being in the entire world. I promise to make you happy and to always be there for you in your hapiness and sadness. Will you let me keep this promises?'' Vic said.

I could not stop crying, this was too beautiful to be true. I remembered when he first gave me a promise ring in the past and it was nothing compared to this moment. It was simply perfect, I trusted every single words that Vic said to me. At that moment, he really did make me feel happy, loved and special. I wanted to be his forever and ever. I didn't want to spend another day without him by my side. He was all I needed to be happy, we were meant to be from the start. We were meant to be since the first day we met in high school. I gave Vic my best smile and nodded. There was nothing else that I wanted more than being loved by Victor Vincent Fuentes. Vic grabbed the ring and put it into my ring finger. I looked at it and it was so pretty. On it, it was written Kellic and I laughed at the word. When we were younger, Vic and I used to call ourselves this way. We were two persons in one. I grabbed Vic's face between my hands and kissed him tenderly.

''I love you so much,'' I said into the kiss.

''Not as much as I do. You're my everything,'' he replied.

''You're the oxygen that fills my lungs,'' I added.

And the kiss went by like that, just saying cute stuff to each other. It was a perfect moment that I was never going to forget for the rest of my life.