Status: Active but with slow updates

Best Friends

13

I felt like shit. I woke up late, too, so my dad called me in sick. And sick I felt. I sat up, and instantly had the urge to vomit, so I rushed to the bathroom and threw up the contents of my stomach.

Once done, I wiped my mouth and slumped against the bathroom wall. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself, but I still felt ill. My skin was extremely sweaty and gross, and I was probably really pale. I flushed the toilet and stripped myself of my clothes, and I started the shower.

I let the water get hot before stepping in, and the droplets made me feel like I was burning up, so I made the water cold and started to wash my hair.

By the time I was done, I felt significantly better, and I headed to my room to get dressed. I closed the door behind me gently, and I locked it before removing my towel and wrapping my hair up in it to dry.

I got dressed slowly. I pulled on a pair of mesh shorts over my underwear, and then I pulled on a tank top before letting my hair down and drying it some more before throwing it up in a messy bun. I didn't feel like pulling a brush through it today. I put my towel in my hamper, and my phone buzzed. I walked over to it, picking it up, and I read the text from John. He missed me.

I didn't respond, just turned my phone off and crawled back into bed.

~~

I woke up a few hours later by the doorbell being rung continuously. I groaned and got up, adjusting my shirt as I headed for the door.

I pulled it open, and my eyes widened.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked. John smiled at me.

"Nice to see you too, Katie," he said. I frowned as he went to step forward.

"You're not coming in," I said as I spotted his band's van parked on the street. John's band and girlfriend were staring at us through the window.

"Okay, fine," he said. I stared at him.

"Tell me why you came. I don't want you here," I said. John's face fell.

"I miss you," he said. I stared at him in disbelief.

"You miss me!? If you missed me, you-"

"Shut the fuck up, Katelynn," John said. I glared at him, and I pushed him off of the porch step.

"Leave," I said sternly. John shook his head.

"You're my best friend, Katie," he said. I shook my head.

"No. We're not. We're not anything. Not friends, not acquaintances," I said. John stared at me incredulously. I turned around to go back inside, but John stopped me.

"Why are you so upset about this?" He asked. I froze, shut my eyes, and I turned back around. I lunged at him, and I pushed him back even further.

"I'm upset because of you!" I yelled. John grabbed my hands to get me to stop as my eyes filled with tears.

"I'm upset because you called me saying you wanted me to be your girlfriend and I'm not! That... that bitch is!" I yelled angrily, and I pulled my hands out of his grip and took a deep breath.

"Why are you upset about that?" He asked, as if I hadn't just told him.

"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!" I roared, and instantly I covered my mouth with my hands. John stared at me, a ghost of a smile haunting his lips.

"I...I didn't.." I stumbled over my words as Cristina emerged from the van. She approached.

"Katie shut up," John said, still staring at me.

"John? What does she mean?" Cristina asked.

"Cristina... it means that we're through," John said, never looking away from me as I lowered my hands.

"You're in love with me?" John asked. I just smiled as Cristina gaped at us.

"Yeah," I said. John laughed and stepped forward, embracing me and kissing me full on the lips.

"If you're in love with me, then I'm in love with you too," John said after pulling back.

"But I'm still extremely pissed off at you. You've been singing the song you wrote for me... with her," I said, gesturing to Cristina.

"You wrote that for her!? God, John! Fuck-"

"Leave, Cristina," John said, and he kissed me again. Cristina glared daggers at me before she stomped away, and I laughed as John rubbed my back.

"You should go. I'll see you next month," I told him. John nodded.

"Yeah... I should... but first... will you be my girlfriend?" John asked me. I grinned.

"Of course," I said. John then pressed a soft kiss against my lips before leaving. He waved to me, and I smiled. Once they disappeared, I headed back inside, feeling a whole lot better.

John and I were finally together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dramatic story is dramatic.

Haha, love you guys! Keep on reading! <3