Kendall

Forgetting 2 Breathe

After a few minutes, Tommy calls his parents to tell them that he’s staying over.
My mom walks into my room, holding a sleeping bag.

Mom: Tom, Tommy, which one do you prefer?

Tom: Either is fine, miss

Mom: Great *smiles* I have a sleeping bag for you

Tom: *puts his hand on his chest* You shouldn’t have

Mom: Oh but I did. Here you go my dear *hands him the sleeping bag* You two have a good sleep

Me: Thanks, night mom

Mom: Night boys *closes my door*

Tom: *gives me a sideways glance* Since when was I sleeping on the bloody floor?

Me: Uhhh, since I made it to the bed first *I give him a big smile*

Tom: Well, since you’re cute, I’ll let it go

Me: No I’m thinking you’re the cute one

Tom: Don’t get me started on you *laughs & snuggles up into his sleeping bag*

Me: *I throw my pillow down at him*

Tom: Ow! Hey?

Me: Thought you might need it

Tom: I’d say thanks but I’d rather hit you back, mate

Me: *I laugh then pull the covers up to my chest & look up at the ceiling* Night Tom

Tom: *puts his hands behind his head comfortably* Sleep tight

Me: *I flick off my lamp, leaving a little nightlight on*

Tom: *sighs after a few seconds* You know, I can’t sleep knowing you’re only a few feet away

Me: Same here

We become silent for a moment then I hear Tom get up.

Tom: I’m going to hit the loo before bed

Me: Okay. The loo’s the bathroom, right?

Tom: *chuckles* Yes, very good

Me: *I smile* It’ll be the first door on the right

Tom: Cheers *walks out of my room to find bathroom*

I turn away to face my window & try to fall asleep, but I feel restless. I hear the toilet flush then I hear my bedroom door close. I hear his footsteps coming closer in my direction & the bed begins to tilt to my right. I feel his hand on my shoulder. I turn to face him & I can see in the dim light, his face is serious for a moment then softens. I sit up in my bed & look at him; he puts his hand on my cheek then my chest. This time I make the first move by kissing him.

Tom: *pulls back from the kiss* Now we don’t have to do anything you’re not ready for

Me: Oh, yeah, for sure

We get really into it and I’ve never felt happier. Maybe to others; just wrong, but for me it felt just right. He was about to remove my tank top & I let out a breath.

Me: What if someone hears?

Tom: No one will hear anything because we’re just good mates, remember?

Me: *I grin* Don’t let that stop you

Saturday morning I wake up feeling groggy from a long night of…activities, eh hem. I stretch & look at the time; eleven in the morning. Then I look to my right & see Tom sleeping soundly. He looks so cute…and peaceful…and shirtless…and I’M shirtless…we’re in our boxers…and he’s IN my bed. Oh god, what if my mom peaked her head into the room to check on us for some reason?! Uh yeah mom we’re doing JUST FINE in here. Holy crap; I shake Tommy to wake him up; he opens his eyes & moans.

Tom: *yawns* Bloody hell. What’s going on?

Me: You’re in my bed, mate

Tom: Oh well look at that, I am *smirks & lies on his side to face me*

Me: *I look away to laugh. I poke his chest with my finger* You need to go back on the floor—where my mom thinks you are

Tom: Oye, do I have to? It’s so comfy up here *reaches across to touch my hand, & then slides it more ‘south of the border’*

Me: *I jump up & laugh* Tom!?

Tom: *covers his mouth playfully & laughs*

Mom: *knocks on my door* Boys, are you awake?

Me: *I practically shove Tom off my bed* Yeah, we’re up!

Mom: When you two are ready, I made some pancakes for your breakfast

Me: Awesome mom thanks! We’ll be down in a sec! *I cover my face with my hand & look down on the floor where Tom is*

Tom: Looks like I’m already down *looks up at me & gives me a silly look*

Me: *I hold in my laughter & reach my hand down to help him up but he pulls me down with him*

We joke around then throw on our T- shirts & head downstairs. During breakfast we steal little glances at each other while trying not to crack up.

Kev: *watching us & rolls his eyes* Ooookee, well I think I’m done with this *puts his plate in the sink & walks out of the room*

Mom: What was that about? *stabs her pancake with a fork & takes a bite*

Me: Not a clue *I bite my pancake off my fork & grin up at Tommy*

After we watched a few cartoons on the T.V. Tommy decided it was time for him to go home.

Me: I wish you didn’t have to leave *I walk him to the front door*

Tom: Too right, but home’s calling *smiles*

Me: *I open my front door for him* I’ll talk to you soon?

Tom: *nods his head & kisses me softly* See ya

Me: *I wave goodbye, then close the door & turn to see my mom staring at me from the kitchen. I stare at her for a moment* Heeey mom Mom…whatcha doin’?