A Boy Named Evan

We're Not Over Yet

No One’s P.O.V:

Rosie was lying restless on her bed. She hadn’t slept all night. She got up and showered, hoping that it would help keep her awake. But it didn’t. She was so tired. How would she make it through the day? Meanwhile, Evan lay twisted in his sheets. He had been up all night finishing his sketch and he had started his art piece. The alarm went off making Evan jump. He reached over and turned it off. Getting up to look in the mirror, he noticed that his face was still stained with tears and blood from the night before.

Evan’s P.O.V:

Look at yourself. You’re a ruin. I looked away from my reflection and focused on my wrists. They were sore, bruised, swollen and covered with dried up blood. After having a shower, I could clearly see the cuts I had made. Once more, tears fell from my eyes. This is not what Rosie would have wanted. I promised her. I got dressed, covering the cuts with my long black and red striped fingerless gloves. You idiot. Everyone will notice. What’s the use in trying to hide them? I shoved my art piece into my bag and headed down the stairs for breakfast, although I didn’t feel much like eating. After nibbling on a piece of toast, I left for school.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Shit! Wake up! School hasn’t even started yet and you’re already falling asleep! Why couldn’t I have been this tired last night? It would have stopped all of those painful thoughts coming to my mind. Poor Evan. I still love him! I regret saying what I said yesterday. I really do. But now I fear it’s too late to repair the damage done. I spotted Evan walking down the corridor with his bag. He was staring at his feet and only looked up to place his bag down on the bench beside me. His pretty blue eyes were dull and glassy. Just as he was about to turn around and leave, I moved over and gestured for him to sit down. Please sit down!

Evan’s P.O.V:

What the fuck!? She hated me yesterday and now she wants me to sit down beside her!? I stared blankly at the seat for a moment before sitting down facing the opposite direction. I couldn’t bear to look at her. “Evan…I…I…” she stuttered, unable to get out the words she wanted to say. What could she possibly have to say to me? “I’m sorry” she finally managed to say. I knew that already. Why would she tell me that?
“That’s not what you meant to say, was it?” I asked. I turned around and looked her straight in the eye.
“I still love you!” My heart skipped a beat. How was this possible? Have I fallen asleep? “I regret saying what I said yesterday.”
“Rosie. I don’t understand.” I searched her eyes for an answer.
“Will you ever forgive me for being such a bitch?” A single tear rolled down her cheek.
“Of course I forgive you!” As I went to wipe the tear from her cheek, she grabbed my wrist. “Agh!” I whimpered. They were so sore. Oh no! Now she’ll find out!
“Evan, what’s wrong?” she asked sounding very worried. “And why are you wearing these cool gloves today?”
“It doesn’t matter” I said, snatching my hand back. She stared at me with the same worried expression on her face.
“I think it does” she said softly. She knew. Reaching for my wrist again, she carefully pulled the glove off. Her mouth opened slightly in horror as she saw the mistake I had made last night. “Shit Evan! What have you done!?”
“I know! I screwed up! I’m sorry!” I could feel the tears coming. “I couldn’t stand losing you! God I love you Rosie! This was the only thing I could think of to stop the pain!” There was a long silence between us and then, as if it just hit us, we both began to cry hysterically, embracing each other for comfort.
“You promised Evan! You said you’d never do it again!” she sobbed. I feel so guilty. I did promise her. I lied to her.
“I know! But Rosie, I was desperate last night!” I explained. She nodded her head in understanding.
“Sorry Evan. Look what I made you do!” she looked away from me in shame.
“It’s all in the past now. I forgive you.” There was another long silence. Should I kiss her to prove my forgiveness? As if Rosie had read my mind, she leant forward and kissed me softly. She then quickly pulled away.
“Sorry” she said.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Fear of rejection took over my mind. What did I do that for? You idiot! Evan suddenly kissed me back, pulling away briefly before kissing me again. I opened my mouth inviting him inside. I had missed this so much over the past few weeks. As we kissed I trailed my hands through his hair once again and he moved his hands slowly up and down the sides of my body. The bell rang for class but we didn’t care. Several minutes later, I attempted to pull away from Evan, however, my attempts were useless. He pulled me in closer to him, kissing my neck sloppily and biting down softly every now and then. I was powerless to his touch. Unfortunately, Evan then pulled away and we gathered our books. I ran to class and managed to slip into the classroom unnoticed. Looks like I had more energy than I thought!

Evan’s P.O.V:

Wow! We’re back together! This is great! Nothing in the world can bring me down now! I approached my art classroom with caution, peeking through the door to see where to teacher was. Thankfully he was facing the opposite direction helping another student so I quietly made my way to my seat. A few people noticed me and stared at me. They began to whisper to others and soon, the whole class was whispering. What had I done? No one whispered yesterday when I was late so why should today be any different? “Hey!” Jordan yelled at me. He was the popular kid in my grade at school. What did he want with me? I looked over at him. “You’re supposed to use paint for the colour red, not blood! Fucking emo!” Oh shit! I forgot to put my glove back on and someone saw the cuts! The whole class burst out in laughter. I grabbed my stuff and walked out straight out the door. Fucking jocks!
“Evan, are you okay?” asked my teacher. Thankfully, he was clueless as to what happened.
“Fine. Never been better” I replied, lying of course.
“I heard the class laughing at you. Are you sure?” he questioned. God! Piss off already!
“Yes. They were laughing at my art piece so I’m gonna work out here” I replied.
“Okay. Well, as long as you’re working.” He turned around and went back into the classroom. Finally! Looking at my depressing art piece, a smirk formed on my lips. I was impressed with what I had done so far. I was almost finished. It just needed a title painted across the top. The bell rang for second lesson so I would have to think of one later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Some peope have read chapter 11 but not chapter 10! And thanks again for reading!