A Boy Named Evan

What are you doing here!?

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Evan and I woke up really early the next morning. We both quickly showered and got changed before heading downstairs to have breakfast. When we finished eating, we headed out the door. “Bye honey” Evan’s mum said from the door. “And Rosie.”
“Bye!” we both yelled back. I was talking to Evan’s mum over breakfast. She was so nice. Evan grabbed my hand and locked our fingers together. We walked peacefully to school talking about usual teenage stuff until we were interrupted by a familiar voice. We both stopped walking immediately.
“Rosie! Rosie! Please stop!” Oh my god! It was Jimmy!
“Run Rosie. I’ll hold him back” Evan whispered. I didn’t move. “What are you waiting for!?” he whispered again, this time slightly angry and confused. Still, I didn’t move. There was something about Jimmy – he was different. His face wore a depressed expression and he had called me Rosie, not Whatsername.
“Rosie! I’m so sorry!” he said. He had stopped across the road from us. “Please forgive me. Please! I feel so bad for what I did. I really do.”
“If you really mean that then why did you do it in the first place dick head!?” Evan yelled. His face was red with anger. I had never seen him like this. “ANSWER ME!” he yelled again, even angrier than before.
“Dude, calm down. I really am sorry” Jimmy said calmly. “I became obsessed with you Rosie. From the first moment I saw you, I fell in love with you!” I was speechless.
“You’re a psychopath! Stay the fuck away from her creep!” Evan yelled. He started to walk down the street, pulling me along with him.
“I need you to forgive me Rosie! Please!” Jimmy yelled again. How could he expect me to just forgive him!? He raped me! I turned my head around slightly to find that he was still on the other side of the street but was following us slowly.
“Come on Rosie. Just ignore him” Evan said. He had calmed down a bit.
“Rosie! Wait! Please!’ he yelled desperately. That’s it! I’m not going to stand for this!
“I’ll never forgive you Jimmy! You’re a…” I trailed off. There was a huge thud and a blood curdling scream. Evan stopped walking and turned around. We both stood on the side of the street with our mouths wide open in shock as the speeding driver continued up the road. Yet again, Jimmy was lying motionless on the floor except this time, I doubt that he would still be alive. We walked up to him slowly. There was a pool of blood flooded around Jimmy’s disfigured body. I couldn’t look. I turned around and took out my phone, calling an ambulance – not that it would do much help.

Evan’s P.O.V:

I put my arm around Rosie as the paramedics wheeled Jimmy’s body past. This was unbelievable. Of all the things to happen, it had to be this. The paramedics asked us what happened so we told them as best as we could. Rosie hadn’t said a word since. She was shocked and devastated. I was disturbed. “Rosie, it’s all over now. Come on. I think we should go home” I said. Still, she didn’t speak. After what seemed like forever, she finally spoke to me.
“I’m gonna call my parents” she said softly. “Excuse me.” She got up and walked away. A few minutes later, she came back. ‘My dad’s coming to pick me up so you should go before then. If he sees you…”
“I know” I said. I understood. “I’m gonna go home. Cya later.” I turned around and walked home. Once I got there, my mum answered the door with a confused look on her face. She said something to me but I wasn’t listening. I went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed. I buried my face in my pillow and screamed. I screamed in anger, in confusion, in shock and in depression. The image of his body was still in my head. Haunting me.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

The instant I got home, I ran to my room in tears. I had already told my dad what happened briefly so I saw little point in retelling the story. I lied face down on my bed and cried. But why? I hated Jimmy for what he did to me. He was trying to apologise to me. If I had listened to him and forgiven him, he would still have a life. As I lay there I couldn’t help but think. Did he really get what he deserved? It was my fault this happened. On top of this, my dad found out that Evan was there because the paramedics had told him that a boy my age was comforting me. He hadn’t said anything to me about that yet. I was hoping that he never would but it had to happen eventually. After ten minutes or so, my dad came in and stood above me looking down. “Rosie” he said with a stern tone. I looked up at him. “That boy is a bad influence on you. Stay away from him.”
“But dad I…”
“If you ever see him again, I’ll disown you!” he yelled at me. I jumped back slightly, shocked at his sudden change in tone. “I’ll kick you out on the streets with nothing but the clothes on your back!” He stood there staring at me for a moment before he stormed out of my room, slamming the door shut behind him. I couldn’t hold back my tears any longer. My jaw began to quiver and I cried uncontrollably. This was it. I can’t be kicked out onto the streets. I’m only a young girl. How would I survive? Evan and I are no more. I got up and walked to my desk. I was about to write the most painful thing in my life.