A Boy Named Evan

Jimmy

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Back at school and everything’s normal again, except for the love between me and Evan. Evan got his very understanding parents to write a letter to the principal stating that they give permission for their son to express his love for me at lunchtime. I faked a letter of the same content and forged my dad’s signature at the bottom of the page. He’ll never know. So now, between lessons, at lunch and sometimes in class (if we’re sneaky enough), we kiss and hold hands. This morning just as Mrs Pinole was walking past, Evan gave me the most passionate French kiss that he’s given me yet. That’ll teach that stuck up bitch. Lesson finishes in one minute and I’m going to meet Evan at the back of the oval. I can’t wait! “Rosie” said Mr Levie.
“What!” I replied rudely, much to his dislike. He frowned at me.
“I need you to show a new boy around the school at lunch. You can leave now. He’s waiting just outside the room.”
“Why me?” I asked, frustrated that I couldn’t meet Evan.
“This boy is a lot like you Rosie. He’s a bit…weird” he replied.
“Fine!” I yelled. I stomped through the door and slammed it shut behind me. This seemed to impress the new boy who had a smirk on his face.
“Hey. I’ve got an attitude problem too” he said smiling at me. “My name’s Jimmy.” Jimmy. What a nice name. Mr Levie was right. He was a bit like me. Jimmy wore similar things as to what Evan wore, including the eyeliner. He had green eyes, black spiked up hair and a piercing in his eyebrow. Cool! He was kinda hot, but not as hot as Evan.

Jimmy’s P.O.V:

Wow! She’s hot! And what an attitude! I’m gonna make her mine. “Hey Jimmy. Come this way” she said in a hurry.
“What’s your name?” I asked curiously.
“Rosie” she replied shyly.
“I’m gonna call you Whatsername” I told her. She showed me around the school quickly, skipping past many rooms. “Why are you in such a hurry baby?”
“I’m not your ‘baby’ and I’m in a hurry because I’m meant to be meeting someone!” she yelled. She looks so cute when she’s angry.
“Sorry Whatsername. Didn’t know that it would offend you so much. Where’s the music room? I have a lesson there next.” Gees! What’s wrong with calling a girl baby!?
“The music room is down there.” She pointed down a corridor.
“Thanks.” I stared deep into her eyes, hoping to relax her. “See ya.”
“Bye” she murmured as she walked away, leaving me on my own.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Shit! Poor Evan! He must be wondering where I am by now, I was meant to meet him twenty minutes ago. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! I jogged to the back of the oval to find Evan peacefully writing in a small black notebook. “Hi Evan. I’m so sorry! I know I’m late but it’s not my fault. I swear!” his eyes looked so bright and playful.
“That’s fine” he said, putting my mind at ease.

Evan’s P.O.V:

What kept her so long! She was probably in trouble with a teacher or something. “So, where were you? I bet you were out smooching another guy” I said with a mischievous tone in my voice.
“No! I had to show some new guy around the school.” She had such a bad attitude.
“Was he hot?” I joked. I wonder who he is.
“Not as hot as you.” She smirked. She sat next to me as I closed my notebook. “What’s in your book?”
“I write in it. Songs, poetry, descriptions, dreams, thoughts. Whatever comes into my head at the time” I answered, slipping it away into my bag.
“Can I read it sometime?” she asked with interest.
“It’s not that I don’t trust you Rosie, it’s just that the things in that book are quite personal” I replied. My face went bright red. “Some of the things in my book are pretty gross and they’d make you puke.”
“I can’t think of anything that you could write to make me puke Evan. You’re just too innocent. Well, most of the time!” she laughed at me.
“You’d be surprised Rosie. Very surprised.” I have written down some of my thoughts from day dreaming in there and they are all of Rosie and how much I love her.
“Can’t I read some of the things that aren’t so gross then? Please!” she begged.
“Maybe another time.” Like never ever ever… “Besides, I’ve already sung you a few of the songs that I wrote for you”
“Really? Oh yeah, the detention room. Why didn’t you tell me that you wrote those beautiful songs?” She looked puzzled.
“Why didn’t I tell you!? Because they sucked that’s why!” I told her. “I’m so bad at writing but I love to write so much.” I looked at my shoes and started to fiddle with the laces.
“Well, I thought they were great songs. So romantic. We should go, lunch is nearly over.” She always makes me feel better, even though she doesn’t know just how much her opinion matters to me.