A Boy Named Evan

Evan's House

Rosie’s P.O.V:

The day went so quick and before I knew it, the bell for the end of the day went making me jump in my chair. I hurried to get my bag and then met Evan outside. “Hi Evan” I said.
“Hey Rosie. Ready to go?” he asked. His eyes were bright with excitement.
“Yeah. I’m gonna call my dad and tell him that I’m staying at a friends house tonight.” I explained.
“What for?” Evan said. He was puzzled.
“So that he knows I’m okay and doesn’t call the police.” I got my phone out and rang my dad.

Evan’s P.O.V:

Rosie had a scowl on her face as she slammed her flip-phone shut. “What did he say?”
“He told me to stop disobeying him and to come home but I hung up on him.” She was so pissed off.
“Good on ya!” I said. “Don’t let anyone push you around!” After walking and talking for about ten minutes, we arrived at my house. “Hey. Anyone home?” I yelled as we walked inside. No one answered. Great! I have a few hours alone with Rosie for once. “Would you like to see my room?” I asked her.
“Sure! I bet it’s really cool.” She replied. I dragged her upstairs and into my room. Oh shit! I forgot how messy it was! “Cool” she said. “It’s nearly as messy as mine!” Good, she doesn’t mind.
“Make yourself comfortable” I said. She sat on the end of my bed. “Do you want a drink?”
“No, I’m fine.” She smiled at me and bit her lip.
“What?” I asked as I sat beside her. Gosh she looks so hot when she does that.
“Nothing.” She giggled, focusing her eyes on my boxers lying on the floor.
“Oops, sorry. I didn’t know they were there.” I picked them up and threw them in the bathroom.
“That’s okay.” She smiled at me again. “So, can I read your black notebook now?” I knew she wanted something.
“Nope” I replied. “Like I said before, it’s pretty gross.”
“Why not? Nothing can be grosser than your dirty underwear!” She laughed again. Gosh she’s sooooo hot! How much longer can I resist her? “Please Evan!” She brushed her leg against mine. That’s it! I can’t resist her any longer! I leant over and kissed her. She pulled away from me. “I’ll only let you kiss me if I can read your book” she said, biting her lip again. Who could resist her!?
“Yes. Fine. You can read it.” I gave in, leaning in once again.
“You promise?” she asked.
“Yes. I promise. Cross my heart hope not to die.” I kissed her neck, making her blush. I loved it when she was nervous. I put my hands on her hips and moved her into a laying position. Placing my hands on either side of her shoulders to hold myself up, I kissed her again, running my tongue along the crack in her lips which soon parted for me. I shoved my tongue smoothly into her mouth and gently massaged her tongue. She moaned softly and for the first time, she kissed me back. She sent tingles through me. God this feels good. Suddenly, she grabbed me by the shoulders and switched places with me. She was kissing me violently and moving her hands through my smooth hair. This is so hot! I was completely under her power. Unsure of what to do, I moved my hands up and down her waist.
“Uh, Evan? Who’s your girlfriend?” We both froze as we heard my mum’s voice come from the doorway. Rosie leapt off of me. Her face was bright red from embarrassment.
“This is Rosie mum.” I didn’t think that she would be home so quick.
“She’s gorgeous Evan! How long have you been going out for?” mum asked.
“About two weeks.”
“You seem very close to each other.” She said. “Well, I’ll go now. Rosie looks very embarrassed! Is she staying overnight?”
“Yep. That’s ok, right?” I asked.
“Sure honey. I’ll make dinner soon so finish what you’re doing and come down.” She winked at me and left the room.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Wow! She seems really nice…and really understanding! If that was my mum, she would have thrown Evan out by the ear! “Sorry Rosie” Evan said as he laughed at me. “I should have locked the door.”
“That’s fine” I said.
“I told you that you’d kiss me eventually” he smirked. “And it was VERY good!”
“Whatever. We’d better go and get dinner.” I said, avoiding eye contact. I was so fucking embarrassed!
“Sure, let’s go.”

Evan’s P.O.V:

After dinner, I played Rosie my favourite songs on my electric guitar. A few hours after, we went upstairs into my room again. “Do you want something else to sleep in” I asked her.
“Yeah, if that’s alright” she answered. I searched through my wardrobe and pulled out a black t-shirt and a pair of my black boxers.
“Are there okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, fine” she answered. I turned around as she got changed but couldn’t help peeking a little. She’s so hot! The top was too big for her exposing her bra a bit and the boxers were too loose, almost falling off of her. But I wasn’t complaining. She looked so cute in my clothes.
“So…um…what do you want to do now?” I asked shyly.
“I wanna read your notebook. You promised.”
“Oh, yeah” I admitted. I forgot all about it. “Are you sure you want to read it? You won’t like it, it’s too gross and…” She cut me off before I finished.
“I don’t care how gross it is. I really don’t. I just wanna read it. Please!” she begged.
“Fine.” I got up and grabbed it out of my bag. She smiled as I handed it to her.
“Thanks Evan” she said. “Finally!”

Rosie’s P.O.V:

I opened the notebook to the first page. Gosh, Evan is such a neat writer! I started to read the first passage on the page:

‘Who could know that thoughts of love,
Could make me draw so much blood?
And make me cry tears of pain,
As I continue to love in vain.
I see her beauty in my dreams,
But in my head who hears my screams?
I know I shouldn’t cut myself,
This can’t be good for my health.
But not until I know she’s mine,
Will my soul start to heal overtime’

By the time I had finished reading the poem, I was trying to hold back the tears forming in my eyes, but I couldn’t. If this was true, Evan had been cutting himself before we went out. And to make the situation worse, he had no reason to cut because I felt the same way about him. I looked at Evan. He was looking at his feet, “Evan, why?”

Evan’s P.O.V:

After realizing what Rosie had just read, I could not bare to look up at her. I couldn’t tell her that she was the reason why I was depressed a few weeks ago, but I couldn’t lie to her either. “I don’t know why Rosie!” I yelled. Tears ran down my cheeks. “I just did! I wanted you so bad!” I pulled my knees up to my face to hide it from her. She took my arm and examined it.
“Jesus Christ Evan! How many times did you cut!?” she asked, studying the many scars across my wrist.
“Five or six” I whispered, ashamed of myself.
“This is all my fault” she said softly, her tears now like tiny rivers down her face. I felt so bad for making her cry,
“It’s not your fault” I told her. I moved closer beside her and hugged her tight. She hugged me back. “I promise I’ll never do it again.”
“I know you won’t Evan. I believe you” she replied. I got up and turned the light off before getting changed and crawling underneath the sheets of my bed with Rosie, holding her close. How was I such an idiot!? I should have removed that poem ages ago! I planted soft kisses on the back of Rosie’s neck, much to her delight. She was moaning softly until finally, she fell asleep.