A Boy Named Evan

Take A Look At My Brighter Side

Rosie’s P.O.V:

I woke up safely in Evan’s arms. He was so warm and calm. I never want to get up. “Hey, Rosie. Are you awake yet?” I turned around to find a pair of bright blue eyes staring at me. “Good morning. Did you sleep well?”
“Yeah. You sent me right to sleep. You’re so comfortable.” I answered. “Did you?”
“I got the best sleep that I could. I had a lot on my mind” he replied. I knew what he meant.
“I forgive you for what you did Evan. Just don’t do it again” I said.
“Thanks Rosie. I only hope that I can forgive myself” he murmured.
“What’s the time? We have to get ready for school soon.” Evan reached down beside his bed and found his alarm clock.
“It’s ten past eight. So we’ve got about twenty minutes before we have to leave” he answered. Damn. I was hoping that we would have some time to talk. “I’m gonna get a shower. Cya.” He kissed me on the cheek and got out of bed. I got out of bed too and got dressed back into my own clothes. I then reapplied my eyeliner and lipstick and waited for Evan to get out of the shower.

Evan’s P.O.V:

After getting dressed and applying my eyeliner as always, I took Rosie downstairs. I made us some toast and after we had eaten, we grabbed our bags and headed out the door. We walked hand in hand in complete silence all the way to school. We didn’t need to talk. It was just nice to enjoy each others company. When we got to school, we put our bags down and sat beside each other. I pulled out my black note book and handed it to Rosie. “Evan, what are you doing?” she asked, sounding alarmed.
“I want to show you the good things that I’ve written. It’s not all depressing” I explained. “Go to the fifth page. I wrote this the night I got home from the hospital.” She took the book and flicked to the fifth page:

‘Rosie…I kept saying her name over and over again, each time making me feel even luckier. She loves me. She actually loves me. ME. Evan. Still it puzzles me how anyone could possibly love me, and how Rosie doesn’t already belong to another. How could that be? She’s gorgeous…perfect. If looks could kill, I’d be long gone by now. The first time I saw her, I wanted her so bad, and now I have her. But what does she see in me? Is it my appearance? My attitude? What is it!?’

Rosie’s P.O.V:

That’s so sweet. He’s obsessed with me. What do I see in him? “Everything Evan! I love everything about you!” I leapt towards him and wrapped my hands around his neck, kissing him softly on the cheek.
“Thanks Rosie” he whispered into my ear. He kissed me lightly on the lips.
“I love you” I said. I really meant it.
“I love you too Rosie. You know I do.” His pretty blue eyes sparkled with happiness.
“Awe! Give it a rest love birds!” I looked up to find Jimmy staring down at us. “Hi Whatsername” he said, looking into my eyes with that evil grin on his face.
“Hey! Fuck off!” Evan jumped up and faced Jimmy. He still had dark red marks across his face from when I slapped him. I couldn’t move. I was suddenly scared of Jimmy. He was intimidating.
“Or what faggot! I’ll have my girl one day!” Jimmy yelled. He spat in Evan’s face and gave him a disgusted look. He then turned to me, a smirk appearing on his lips. “See ya Whatsername. Love you.” He turned to leave. As he walked down the corridor, he turned and blew me a kiss. Naturally, Evan stuck his finger up at him. I’m so confused!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There are only about nine people reading this story. If you are one of them...thank you.