A Boy Named Evan

Confusion

Evan’s P.O.V:

Where is Rosie? Its lunchtime and she hasn’t turned up yet. I hope she’s not in too much trouble. We’ve already got detention today after school. Oh well. She’ll be here soon.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Oh god. What do I do? I’m running down a poorly lit and deserted corridor unsure of where I’m going. I feel as if I’ve been running for ages. My legs are turning to jelly and my vision is blurry from the tears forming in my eyes. I might as well give up now. Jimmy’s a far better runner than I am. “Whatsername!” he yelled at me. He wasn’t too far away from me now. “Stop running! You’re making this worse for yourself!” That’s it. I give up. I stopped running and collapsed to the floor, unable to balance myself. “Hey, don’t cry. I love you, remember? I’d never let anything bad happen to you.” The evil smirk was forming on his lips once again. What was he going to do? He sat down on the floor in front of me, staring into my eyes. “Talk to me.’ I couldn’t say a word to him. I was afraid. “Talk to me!” This time, Jimmy sounded more demanding. What was he going to do to me? He leant closer to me.
“What do you want Jimmy?” Why bother asking. I knew what he wanted. Yet again he leaned in closer to me.
“I want you” he whispered into my ear. He placed his hand behind my neck and pushed me forward forcefully. My shaking lips collided with his cold ones. He placed his other hand on my shoulder and shoved me to the ground. Yet again, the weight of his body crushed me beneath him.
“Agh” I whimpered. He was really starting to hurt me.
“Mmm!” he moaned. Jimmy slid his tongue into my mouth once again. He moved his left arm beside my arm to support himself a little whilst his right hand ran up and down my body, exploring it. I felt violated. I wanted to get up and run, but fear got the better of me. I wondered when he’d stop. How far would he go? Suddenly, Jimmy began to move his hand to my stomach and then up my top. His hand was freezing. I felt like dying.

Evan’s P.O.V:

“Rosie!” Where the hell was she!? I checked everywhere she might have been but still, I couldn’t find her. My heart was racing as I ran up and down corridors checking every room for any sign of her. Then it hit me. She was in a lot of danger. I checked underneath the stairs for her but still there was no sign. I arrived at the last corridor. Gees, this school was huge. I ran down the darkened corridor looking for anyone to ask for help, but there was no one. This place was deserted. I could see a dark figure lying motionless on the floor ahead of me. “Rosie!” I screamed. It had to be her. Where was he? I approached the figure with caution and to my horror, I found a mess of ripped clothes covering Rosie’s half naked body. Her top was ripped off exposing her bra and her jeans were down to her knees. Oh god! Jimmy had raped her! “Rosie!” She didn’t move. She had passed out. I pulled her jeans back up and wrapped my jacket around her. “Rosie! I love you! Please! You have to wake up!” Tears rolled down my cheeks and my heart jumped into my throat. Rosie’s eyes opened. She stared at me, a blank expression on her face and then she remembered. She burst out crying as I held her head in my hands. What could I say to comfort her? There was nothing. She pulled me closer to her and I embraced her tightly.
“Evan” she whispered. “I need to get away from here. He said he would come back for me!” She sounded petrified.
“Ok. I promise he won’t get to you again!” I replied. I got up and pulled her up with me. Placing my arm around her back, I slowly walked her back to where our bags were. I sat her down and knelt in front of her. She was crying hysterically. “Rosie. I need you to tell me what happened.” I needed to know for sure exactly what he had done.
“He…he…” she trailed off. I placed my hand underneath her head and lifted it so that she was staring me in the eyes.
“Please Rosie. I need to know. Did he rape you?” It was so hard to say those last words.
“The last thing that I can remember is Jimmy undoing his belt” she said softly. “So I think…” She nodded her head. Oh god! I can’t believe what I’m hearing! This cant be true!
“Okay Rosie. You’ll be fine. I’m gonna take you to the principal. He needs to know” I explained. “And so do you’re parents.” She nodded in understanding. “Ok, come on.”