Status: Just popped up into my head out of no where. Hope you enjoy.

It's Just That

Party

“Your Highness,” Daved comes into the libary, I hadn’t been to much up to being around other people. Thankfully no one really comes into this room.

Sitting next to one of the big windows, I have a book open. I’m not raelly reading, more like skimming over words, hoping maybe if he sees me reading, then he’ll leave. “What?” I ask, not eveing giving him a glance.

“Why am I hearing, that you turned down another human to feed on?” He asks in a pissed off voice.

“Cause I did,” I tell him, turing the page in the book.

He moves to me, grabing the book from my hands and throws it a cross the room with a hard thunk against the wall. He then grabs my shoulders and makes me stand up, so I have to look at him. He isn’t the guy that I see everyone night. This is the Vampire that turned me. This is the Vampire that destoryed my life. “You have to feed and if you won’t feed then I’ll-”

Glaring at him, I show him my fangs, as he shows me his. “You’ll what, hum? Force feed me? I have powers that are stronger then your’s, don’t you forget that. I might still be new, but I am stronger then you.”

He moves in close to my face, to the point his cool mint breath brushes over my face. “Feed or I ‘will’ force feed you.”

“Oh really? And how do you plan on force feeding me?”

”I have my ways,” then out of no where he kisses me.

My nails grow sharp, pulling away from him, I slice his face with my nails, with his blood dripping from them. His face soon quickly heals. “I do not want another human to become a sacrfice so I can live this life, that I didn’t even ask for. I don’t care if I have to be hooked up to a blood bag, with tob in my arm. But I refuse to feed from humans.” Turning away from him I leave the libary and go back to the spair room that I have to stay in, until the damage I did to my room is fixed.

^^^^

The next night, I’m given what I asked for. A blood bag and not a human blood bag. Though the boy I turned down to drink from, brings the blood bag for me. “My Queen, here is your blood,” he says walking into the room, after knocking on the door.

“Thank you, just leave it on the table please,” I say to him, as a Vampire maid brings in a dress that I’m wearing for tonight party. Tonight is the party to see who the King of Vampires is going to be. So all the higher up Vampires will be here inside this mantion walls.

“You are wearing red,” the man says to me.

Looking over my shoulder at him, I raise an eyebrowl. “Exucse me?”

He flinches, as if I had just slapped him a cross the face. He looks away, bowing his face, as if to hide it. “I--I just mean---that don’t you think that red is all anyone will be wearing?”

I think this over, he had a point. Looking at the maid, she doesn’t look at me. “Please bring me a yellow dress.” I tell her.

She bows to me. “Right away,” then she is out of the room.

Looking at the man, I step off the stole. “You can look at me,” I tell him.

He shakes his head. “I better not, if I did then-”

“Then what? I’ll go into your mind, find out every little thing you think or thought in the past? I’m not that mean,” I tell him, as I go to him in a flash and grab the bag of blood and then go to the chair that is placed close to the mirrors. “Thank you for this by the way,” I tell him, before I open the bag and get everything set up and put it in my arm.

“May I ask you something?”

“I think you just did,” I point out.

His face becomes red. I’ve noticed that even our faces can fill up with some color. But not much as the humans. “Why do you not want to drink for us humans?”

The blood bag is almost half way full. The blood is cold, but it’s not that bad. “You are not all humans, now are you.” Looking up at him, he is looking at me with gaurded eyes. “The others don’t know or care not to know, as long as they have you under their thumb, that’s all they care about.” Looking back at the blood bag, it’s almost empty. “I care for human life, that’s why I won’t feed from anyone.”

“Why are you so different?” He whispers, as if he can’t help but ask the question.

Looking up at him, he almost acts as if I hadn’t heard. But I had. “Because I didn’t ask for this and all I want, is to cheruce human life.”

“Don’t humans, wish to be able to live forever?” He asks, just seconds before the maid comes back in with a yellow dress.

Taking the empty tube from my arm, I lay it down on the table and stand up. “Some do I guess, but for those that don’t wish it, get turned against their will.” I tell him, getting a confused look from the maid. “It’s nothing for you to worry, please help me change.” Looking back at the man, I shake my head. “Thank you for the blood and keeping me company, you can leave now.”

He bows to me, as the maid starts to take the dress off my body. “The plesure was mine,” then he was gone.

The maid gets me out of the red dress and into the yellow dress. “What was that about?”

“We were just talking,”

“About?” She prods.

Looking her in the mirror, I glare at her. “If Daved is wanting dirt to use against me, make sure that his little spies don’t ask questions that don’t give him away.”

She looks away from me and finishes helping me dress. “You are done, what do you want to do with your hair?”

“I’ll do it, you can leave.” Walking away from her, I go to the bathroom and curl my hair and fix it up. Looking at myself in the mirror, I hate the girl looking back at me. She was a monster, that had to feed on blood to live. If living is what it’s called, being a night creture, that must feed on blood.

The bedroom door oens a cross the room. “My Queen, it’s time,” Daved tells me.

Walking out of the bathroom, I feel nothing but hate for this man. I don’t even know if I am really the Queen. For all I know, is that it’s a lie and he just changed me to please others and out of boredom. But I have no proof. I could kill him yes, but it’s more trouble then it’s worth right now.

“Fine.”

^^^^

Entering through the double big doors, the party is paused and the music stops. Walking through, I look at all the women and men faces. Nothing sparks looking at any of these Vampires. I can see their lives as when they were humans. Sixteen out of these two-hundred Vampires were changed against their will. They had been promised to find the one that would make them happy for all time. But they were given lies and were changed for no reason, then boredom or needing someone to do as they say.

“Your Queen is here, looking for her King. If she does not find him, there will be many parites after this night.” Daved tells them.

“Please enjoy the party,” I tell them and just like that, everything goes on as it did before I came through those doors.

Walking past many of the Vampires, my hand gets kissed and many bow to me. Once I sit down, I feel like an eye sor. I can see many do double glances and even in their hushed voices, even over the music I can hear their voices. It was going to happen, I kenw it was.

Taking a deep breath, the man from before that brought me my blood, walks up the few stairs and bows to me. “I am to be your gaurd tonight, if you will allow so.” He whispers.

Looking at Daved, he looks at me, as he sips his blood waiting for a reaction out of me. This was pay back for changing what color dress I was going to wear to night, I just know it. “Fine,” is all I say to him, as I lean back in the thrown and watch the others bellow.

The man stands next to the thrown, still as stone and has a watchful eye as if something will happen. “If a fly farts, are you going to attack it?” I ask with a smile on my face. It’s close to a real smile. If anything I was messing with him, just because I could.

He looks down at me with big round eyes. “What?”

Shaking my head, I hide my smile from him and the others that hang on my words. “It’s nothing, I thought I should say something funny.” I tell him, then I say nothing more to him as I lesson to the music that has no life to it. All anyone is doing is standing around and talking. Had this music been something great in their life time of being human.

The gaurd from yestrday appears in front of me down on one knee. “May I ask for a dance?” He asks me.

He looks up at me and this time he has no sunglasses on. In this light his eyes are gold. “If you can get them to change the music choice, then I’ll dance with you.”

He stands up and disapears into the crowed.

“Is that such a good idea?” The man asks me.

Looking up at him, I look him over. “I don’t even think I know your name.” I point out.

He bows his head. “My name-”

He is cut off when the music changes and the gaurd comes back, once again down on one knee with his hand out to me. “Will you dance with me?” He asks again.

Looking away from the slave, I look back at the gaurd and hold out my hand, as I stand up, placing it in his hand. “Yes,” is all I say to him and don’t look back at the slave. But I can feel his eyes on me, no matter how far away I was from him. I was his pray and I was the beast that could kill her hunter. Would I do it in the end? Would I end his life? I don’t know.