Won't Let You Go

Chapter Three

I couldn't bring myself to leave the apartment so Brian and Michelle decided to come over along with the rest of the guys from Avenged Sevenfold. I couldn't leave, not with my Husband out of prison. I didn't feel safe anymore. I was never going to be able to move on with my life and Matt was going to make sure of that. I knew I needed to get out of California. The last thing I wanted to do was see him and I knew that if I stayed he would find me. I didn't know what to do. I was afraid that if I stayed he would find me, but what would happen if I left? It wasn't in Matt to just give up until he got what he wanted. If I left there was a possibility he would still find me. It didn't matter how many friends and family I had that would protect me. If he wanted to see me he would find a way. The part that scares me the most is if he finds me, what will he do? I did help send him to prison after all.

"How could this happen?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

"I don't know, honey." Michelle said, as she took a seat next to me, "we won't let him anywhere near you I promise."

As much as I loved Michelle as a friend, I wanted to roll my eyes at her. No one could stop Matt. I had this horrible gut wrenching feeling that I would see him soon and it made me sick to my stomach.

"Haven, are you okay?" Brian asked, but before I could say anything I quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom. After I was finished, I laid on the floor. The tiles were cold on my back but I didn't care. I felt weak and all I wanted to do was dig a hole six feet deep and crawl in it. The bathroom door creaked open, but I didn't bother to look to see who it was. I could feel them lifting me off the floor and carrying me to my bedroom. It was Brian. Michelle followed and sat on the edge of the bed. They both looked worried, but not as worried I was.

"Me and the guys are staying here tonight. Matt won't try anything I promise."

"How can you be so sure, Brian? You know Matt. He won't stop until he gets what he wants."

"What exactly does he want?" Michelle finally spoke, looking back and fourth at me and Brian, "he's stupid if he thinks he's going to get you back, not after what he did."

"There's no telling with Matt, baby," Brian grabbed Michelle's hand and said, "come on. Let's let Haven get some rest."

"We'll be in the living room if you need us, sweetie."

I gave them a small smile and waited for them to leave. I turned over facing the window once they closed the door and cried myself to sleep.

The cold gush of air woke me from a not so peaceful sleep. I jerked up when I thought about Matt. The room was still dark with the exception of the moon light. I quickly got out of bed and rushed to the living room. Everyone was asleep except for Brian and Jimmy who sat at the kitchen table drinking beer and playing poker. They both stood when they saw me and panicked.

"What's wrong?" Jimmy asked.

"My bedroom window is opened."

I could hear the others in the living room starting to wake up and as I looked over they all had worried looks on their faces. Brian and Jimmy went to go investigate my room to make sure there was no sign of Matt. I stayed behind and sat next to Michelle and Destiny. We sat there about five minutes when we saw Brian come back.

"Well, nothing seems out of place and there is no sign of Matt." Brian said, making his way into the living room rubbing his eyes. He looked exhausted and I instantly felt terrible. I hated that Matt escaped because not only did it have me worried and paranoid, it had the guys on edge also.

"That window was closed when we left the room earlier, Brian." Michelle said, "he was here and none of us knew it."

"What are we gonna do? Haven can't stay here. Matt knows where she is now." Zacky finally spoke.

I was about to say something when Jimmy walked in the room and everyone turned their attention to him.

"We need to leave and we need to leave now."

My heart dropped and I could feel myself getting sick again. I feared for my life and those closest to me. There was no telling what Matt was capable of. He was not the same man I had fallen in love with. He was a completely different person and I didn't know him anymore. I didn't know what he was going to do and it scared me so much I got up and ran out the door. I ran as fast as I could and didn't look back. I could hear everyone yelling, but I couldn't stop. I had to leave. I didn't want them getting hurt because of me.