Status: In Progress

Into the Darkness

Chapter 2

I finished getting ready as Rebekah did her hair. Klaus told us he had a surprise just for me. It was probably to make up for our last fight a few days ago. That's just how we were. We would get into a fight, he'd do something to fix it, we'd forget it even happened, and it would all repeat over. Since Rebekah introduced me to her brother, that's all we had done.

"Gracie, are you ready yet?" Rebekah asked as she finished her hair. She glanced in the mirror at me to see me fix my tight, black dress.

"I don't know why you insist that I wear this stupid thing," I grumbled, slipping on a couple of bangles before grabbing a necklace.

"Because it makes Klaus want you more. Do you really never notice the way he looks at you?" she questioned as she came over to clasp the necklace around my neck for me.

"No, not really. It's Klaus. I could look like a homeless person and he'd still give me the same look." I spun my daylight ring around my finger as I spoke.

"I know my brother doesn't always treat you like his princess, but you are the one who keeps taking him back. It wouldn't be awkward between us if you told him off for once." I sighed, knowing she was right. She could use her own advice as well since Klaus was a bit controlling.

We finished getting ready before Rebekah read the text on my phone once again. We got in her car as she drove us to the address Klaus sent me on the phone. As we got closer, we could hear the loud music playing from inside.

"Please tell me that Klaus isn't playing that shitty music?" I groaned as I tried to tune it out.

"I doubt it," Rebekah answered.

She parked the car and we got out before taking in our surroundings. Even though I was back in my hometown, a lot had changed. Then again, everything has in the past hundred and so years. It was hard to keep up with all of today's technology.

We walked to the door and Rebekah knocked loudly. I could make out voices inside over the loud music and footsteps leading to the door. It opened to reveal a short girl with brown hair standing behind one of my brothers that I hadn't seen since I was turned into a vampire. I despised both brothers and blamed them for making me a blood sucking creature. For the past one hundred and something odd years, I never spoke of them. Until this moment, I had completely forgotten that they were still here on Earth.

"Who the hell are you? Where's Niklaus?" Rebekah asked them, using her brother's full name.

"Klaus isn't here right now," my younger brother said before he appeared behind Damon and the girl, quickly taking notice of me. I didn't know how Klaus knew my brothers, or if he even knew they were my brothers.

"Kurio?" Rebekah said before they could say anything. The girl smiled before stepping in front of Damon. "I haven't seen you in years!" I raised my brow at her, seeming just as surprised as the boys were. She hugged the girl before pulling away and telling her she looked beautiful.

"You too, Rebekah," Kurio spoke for the first time.

"You know her?" I questioned as I pushed a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"We've been friends for years!" Rebekah exclaimed. I felt a pang of jealously since I didn't know of this Kurio and had been friends with Rebekah for many years.

"This is all very interesting," Damon spoke before looking at me. "But I'm more interested in why my little sister is all BFF with Klaus' sister?"

"Sister?" Rebekah asked, glancing over at me. "Is this true?"

"Indeed. I want nothing to do with my brothers though," I told her before trying to pull her away from the door.

"Gracie," she called after me as I went to get back in the car. "I'm sorry, I'll be right back." I was assuming she was mostly talking to Kurio since Rebekah didn't talk too much to strangers.

"I'm not staying here," I told her as she met me at the car. I knew Damon and Stefan were listening in.

"Klaus wanted you to be here," she pointed out. "There has to be a reason."

"I don't want to be anywhere near my brothers. Look at your brothers! You know what it is like!"

"Yet, I still see my brothers and love them. What did they do to make you hate them?" Rebekah questioned, taking a quick glance to see them standing in the doorway still.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not staying. You can stay and visit your friend, but I would rather burn up in the sun than to deal with them."

"Please just stay for me?" I groaned, knowing that Rebekah would get her way. It wasn't often she got to do whatever she pleases without a brother watching after her.

"Fine," I grumbled, before walking back towards the house.

"Nice to meet you Gracie, I’m Kurio," the girl introduced herself. I nodded to be nice.

Rebekah entered the home as if she lived there before talking to Kurio. I ignored Damon and Stefan as I followed the girls into the living room where there were half naked, drunk girls playing Twister. A few more were passed out on the stairs. I shook my head knowing that this was one, if not both, of my brothers' doing. It made me wonder if Klaus did know who my brothers were and if finding them was the surprise for me. If it was, he was in for a rude awakening.