Half Mice, Half Men

Chapter Two

After Alan went to sleep, Austin walked downstairs and into his dad's study. "Dad?" His dad looked up at him from his desk. "Yeah, Austin?"

"I found my mate." His dad froze and his eyes widen as he looked at his only son. "Oh, my God. That's great, Aus. Who is it? I want to meet them."

"Alan Ashby."

"The hybrid?"

"Yep."

"Okay, he seemed like a lovely boy," his dad shrugs. "How did you meet him? You don't go to the high school anymore."

"I was walking back to my car from your office after visiting you and I saw him struggling to stand up since he was beat up."

"He was beat up? I told him to let me know if he got any trouble," Austin's dad was mostly talking to himself then. Then he looks back at Austin. "Well, I assume he's here."

"Yeah, he's sleeping upstairs."

"Wake him for dinner which is in two hours. I'd like to meet him as your mate."

"'Kay, dad." Austin turns to walk out of the office.

"Oh, and Austin?" His dad calls him back.

"Yeah, dad?"

"He's fertile." His dad smirks and they both chuckle. "Later, dad." Austin walks out of his dad's study smiling, but sighs when he realizes his mom wouldn't get to meet Alan. He missed her so much.

He goes downstairs and sees Kellin and Oli. Kellin had his legs thrown over one of Oli's legs and they were kissing each other. Kellin had his hands on Oli's face and Oli had his hands at Kellin's waist. There was a movie playing on the television, but Austin could see that the couple was not paying attention to it at all.

He turns it off and the couple didn't notice. He cleared his throat and they finally break apart. Oli smirks at him while Kellin blushes. "Where are the others?"

"They all went for a run." The pack was one of the biggest and they owned three pack houses. Everyone lived together which is why the rooms were all soundproof. Only werewolves and their mates lived in the pack house, all other mythical creatures lived their own way with their own traditions.

Kellin and Alan would now live here with their mates. The pack had some humans, witches, vampires. Now they had hybrids which was new.

A few hours later, the rest of pack came back and it was time for dinner. They had a huge dining room for everyone and Austin walks back upstairs to wake up his sleeping beauty.

He gently shakes Alan and Alan whines a bit at being woken up. Austin had to grin. "Come on, Kitten, it's time for dinner." Alan nods against the pillow and sits up. He stretches and when he brings his arms back down, the sleeve of the t-shirt falls down his shoulder.

Austin picks him up from the bed and sets his feet on the floor. He gets Alan his clothes. "Alan, darling, do you want to get some new clothes, or would you rather someone get your old clothes?"

"I wouldn't want you spending money on me, so can we get my old clothes," Alan asks, shyly.

Austin smiles down at him. "Of course. We'll go tomorrow."

"Wait - Aust, my dad..." Alan trails off and Austin's gaze darkens. Right, his dad. Austin then remembered the monster that has abused his princess for who knows how long. "Don't worry. You are not leaving my side the whole time we are there."

"Maybe we should go when he isn't home."

"Nope. We're facing him. He needs to know that the future Alpha is protecting you." Alan bites his lip but nods and begins to change as Austin turned away. He would not look at Alan unless Alan specifically allowed him to. Alan puts on his shoes and grabs Austin's arms. "I'm ready," he mumbles.

Austin nods and leads him out of the room, down the stairs. Alan tenses when he sees the room full of people. Austin felt it and he turned to look at Alan gently. He noticed Alan's ears were buried in his hair. "What's wrong?"

"I-I can't go in there. There are a lot of people."

"It's okay. They're not going to hurt you. You are their future Luna. They will respect you." Alan raises his gaze slowly to meet Austin's and his ears rise slowly from his hair. They continue to stare into each other's eyes and then...

Austin began leaning in. Alan stood still waiting for their lips to touch. Austin was so close, Alan could feel his breath on his lips. They were so close to touching, but someone clears their throat.

"Dad!"

"Hello, Mr. Carlile," Alan says, blushing. "Good day, Alan," Mr. Carlile smiles and walks towards him. "It's time we meet officially with you as Austin's mate." Alan's blush darkens. The two Alphas chuckle, but lead Alan to the dining room where everyone was waiting for their future Luna.

Dinner went by smoothly. Some people were skeptical at the fact that their Luna would be a hybrid, but once they got to know him and spoke to him, all doubt flew out the window. Everyone fell in love with him. And why wouldn't they?

Alan had a kind, gentle smile that would calm anyone down. He was humble and never looked down at anyone. He spoke to everyone as if they were higher than him. He blushed. His eyes were soft and welcoming. He would be the perfect Luna, and mother.

Austin didn't leave his side at all. And when Alan looked for Kellin, he spotted Oli first. Oli didn't leave Kellin alone either. The same way people were with Alan, they were with Kellin. Kellin would be the future Beta's mate. But, like Alan, once they got to know him, their worries went away. Most regretted never giving them a chance before. Ronnie even went up to Alan and apologized.

Alan smiled at him and hugged him. "It's okay," he said and pulled back smiling. "I accept your apology." Ronnie stood shocked and dumbfounded, and he still stood there as Austin pulled Alan away in a jealous rage.

"Austin, what's wrong," Alan asks him. And Austin stops. He turns to look at Alan who's eyes looked up at him worriedly. Austin sighed and relaxed. "Nothing. Just got jealous, is all."

"Jealous?" Alan's eyebrows furrowed. "Of what?"

"Ronnie and you." And Alan had to stifle a giggle. Austin smiled at him and grabbed his hand. Alan was too cute to get mad at.

After dinner, everyone goes to bed. Austin leads a tired Alan to their bedroom and he doesn't question why Alan is so tired since he's sure Alan never got much sleep at his old home. It would always anger him when he thought about Alan's past.

He helps Alan change and places him gently on the bed before he changes himself and gets in beside Alan. He pulls him close, but stops when Alan tenses and only continues when Alan relaxes. Alan turns in his arms and buries himself in Austin's tattooed chest.

Austin holds him tight and he falls asleep.

~~~

The next day when they wake, Alan had never felt more rested and relaxed. It was the first day he didn't wake up on edge.

He moves to sit up, but something stops him. He looks down at his waist and sees a tattooed arm. He smiles and moves it away, about to get out of bed. But the same arm reaches out and wraps itself around him again and holds him back.

He squeaks in surprise. But Austin pulls him back into bed. "You're not going anywhere. You're mine," he whispers into Alan's ear who just giggles. "Good morning," he says, softly.

"Morning, Kitten," Austin says in a deep and husky voice. Alan feels a shiver run down his spine at that, though he doesn't quite understand why.

He turns to face Austin. "Aust?"

"Yeah, princess?"

"When are we going to pick up my things?"

"As soon as we get out of bed. Would your dad be home?" Alan nods. "Perfect. Come on, let's get dressed. Yeah?"

"Yeah." And they do. They both get out of bed and change. Alan changes into Austin's clothes. And they walk downstairs to eat breakfast where Alan sees a bunch of the pack members with their mates and or friends. "Morning, Alan," most say to him.

"Good morning," he responds. He grabs a plate and begins serving himself food from the giant breakfast buffet they have going on. He didn't get as much as all the other pack members. The only other person who's plate matched his was Kellin and they sat together on the floor.

They both sat with their legs crossed across from each other. They talked and laughed and giggled and played games as they ate and the entire pack just watched on at the adorable scene in front of them. Never before had they realized how cute the hybrids were.

They ate slowly and calmly, unlike the canines surrounding them. Oli and Austin both being guilty of that as well. Alan and Kellin finish before the others and, after they finished washing their dishes, they go back to their original spots on the floor. Alan waiting for Austin to finish and Kellin waiting for Oli to finish.

They finally do and Austin leads Alan to his car. Alan was nervous as Austin began driving. He wasn't ready to face his father. Austin seemed to sense his mate's restlessness and grabbed his hand, giving a firm, reassuring squeeze.

Alan sends him a small smile. "Which way do we go," Austin asks.

"Turn right here," and that's how the rest of the ride was spent. Alan giving directions. When they do reach his old home, Alan didn't want to get out of the car. "Come on, Kitten," Austin says, gently.

Alan gets out of the car shakily, but Austin grabs his hand and pushes him from behind a bit. They open the unlocked door and enter. It looked like a normal house. Everything was clean and in order, but only because Alan was told to clean and if he didn't, he'd get a deadly beating.

"Where's your room?"

"Upstairs. Last door on the right." Austin nods and they both begin up the steps, towards Alan's old room. Alan opens the door gently and smiles at the familiar and safe surroundings. His small room was always his safe haven.

He walks to his drawers and pulls out his favorite articles of clothing - his cat pijamas. "Awwww," Austin coos from behind him. Alan blushes. "It's cute, baby." Austin pecks his forehead. Alan smiles and rushes to his closet where he has a bag. "We can put my clothes in here," he says.

He folds his pijamas up and places them in the bag gently. Austin grabs some shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, socks, all which Alan folds and puts in the bag. But then he spots something on the floor. He walks to it and picks it up. He covers his mouth when he sees what it is.

They were pictures of him sleeping, eating, showering. He drops them in shock and backs away, but then he sees the used condom beside the pictures. "Baby, what's wrong," Austin asks, worriedly.

"My dad - he, he masturbates to pictures of me." Austin's stare hardens and he looks to where Alan was and picks up the pictures. His hands clench around them and he rips them. "Au-Aust?"

"Yes, princess?" Austin turns to face Alan worriedly, and he sees Alan's bottom lip trembling.

"Can I wait in the car? I-I don't want to be here any longer."

"Yes, baby, I'm almost finished anyway. Here're the keys," Austin says, gently, pecking Alan's cheek.

Alan takes them and begins to walk out of the room and down the stairs. He freezes at the bottom of the steps when he hears a creek on the floor boards. He stays still, his ears turning and trying to find the sound again. He suddenly didn't feel so safe.

He eventually moves and begins to make his way to the door. He reaches his living room, but before he could walk across the room, he's pushed down onto the floor. He turns on his back and his eyes widen as he looks at his dad.

"D-Dad?" But his father didn't respond, he just glared down at his son. He brings a foot to Alan's side and Alan cries out, a bone was cracked. "D-Dad, please," he croaks. He begins to drag his body away, but his father just walked after him. Alan wouldn't get far with a broken rib.

Alan's father brings his fist up. Alan stared at him, scared. He raised a hand, "Daddy, no!" But Alan's dad ignored him and he brought it down, but before it could hit Alan, Austin catches it mid-air. Alan brings his hand down and stares at the scene in front of him.

Everything was tense. Austin and Alan's dad were frozen. Alan's dad stared at Austin with fear, something Alan had never seen before. Austin stared on with hatred, pure and raw hatred.

"What do you think you're doing? I sure hope you weren't thinking of touching the future Alpha's mate," Austin says, so coldly that Alan actually felt scared for his father.

"Future Alpha...." Alan's dad trailed off. His eyes moved to look at Alan who shrunk back. Then they move back to look at Austin. "Alan got mated to a future Alpha?" And Alan's jaw dropped. His father never called him by his name. It was always either piece of shit, waste of space, weakling, bitch, or any other vulgar name anyone could think of.

"Yes," Austin replies. "Princess, go to the car and wait for me." Alan nods and stands up slowly. He stands fully upright, but almost doubles over at the pain he felt in his torso and chest area. He whimpers and Austin turns to look at him worriedly.

"Are you okay, baby," he asks, gently.

Alan nods, "I-I think so. He just cracked a rib." Austin's anger returns and he turns to glare at Alan's father. "I should destroy you. For everything you've done to Alan."

But all Alan's dad could do was stare, placid. He didn't know how to process the fact that his son - his disgrace of a son, in his opinion - would amount to something. His son was mated to an Alpha male and he would become a Luna to an entire pack.

"But, Alan's useless," his dad mutters and that was enough to send Austin over the edge and he punches Alan's dad straight in the face. With that one punch, he's knocked out.

"Princess, come on," Austin grabs the bag with Alan's stuff and throws it over his shoulder. Then he picks Alan up gently and walks them to the car. He places Alan gently in the front seat before closing the door and moving to the back seat and placing the bag on the seat. He walks around the car to the driver's spot and drives back to the pack house.

When they arrive, Austin carries both Alan and the bag inside. He drops off Alan at the infirmary and then goes to their room to unpack Alan's things. He brought most of Alan's stuffed animals, his toothbrush, hairbrush, clothes, shoes. He'd go back for more another day. When he finishes unpacking, he rushes back downstairs and into the infirmary where Jenna is taking care of Alan.

"I gave him a solvent that should speed up the healing process. You can take him now if you want, but be gentle until his rib is completely healed." Austin nods and walks to his princess.

"What do you want to do today, princess?"

"Hmmm. Can we just stay in and watch movies?" He looks at Austin with his wide eyes, framed by long eye-lashes, there was no way Austin could have said no, even if he wanted to. "Of course, babe." He helps him stand and they walk to the living room with the giant television.

Austin helps Alan lay down on the couch before speaking, "What movie do you want to see?"

"500 Days of Summer!" He says, excitedly.

Austin smiles and complies to Alan's wishes. Once he's done, he goes into the kitchen and hurriedly makes popcorn while the movie trailers are on. He finishes and walks back to the living room, placing the bowl of popcorn on the table.

He takes a seat beside Alan who immediately cuddles him. Austin wraps an arm around Alan and he presses play.

Throughout the movie, Alan was engrossed in it while Austin watched Alan. He realized Alan was reacting amazingly to him. He knew Alan's past and he knew that was a factor as to why Alan was afraid of him in the beginning, but he was reacting nicely now. He seemed to trust Austin. Here he was snuggled to him. Sure, Austin knew they wouldn't be making out anytime soon, but at least he knew Alan accepted him as his mate.

He looks down and sees Alan's tail was wrapped around Alan's small waist. Honestly, he thought it was the cutest little tail ever. But he was probably biased. He looks back up to Alan's ear and they were relaxed. He had to smile.

The movie eventually finishes and Austin goes to make more popcorn while Alan picks a new one. When he returns, he sees the menu for the Little Mermaid.

"Why this one," Austin asks, curiously. Alan blushes, "I, uh, I remembered you said you love Disney and even brought up the princesses in your argument."

"You're too cute, Alan."

Alan's blush darkens, "Thank you." Austin pecks the side of his head. "Don't thank me. Not for things like that." He picks Alan up and places him in his lap. Alan was just small enough for him to look over his head and watch the movie.

He tucks Alan under his chin and presses play with the remote. He sighs contently. He loved having Alan in his arms, he fit perfectly. Alan was engrossed in the movie and he didn't notice Austin playing with his hair. Only when Austin's finger brush by his ears do they twitch and he turns his head to face him.

Austin smiles down and he smiles up, warming Austin's heart. God, he already loved this boy. He pecks the side of Alan's head again and smiles.

Then they hear shuffling and turn to look. There stood a very pregnant male. He had beautiful mocha skin and long, soft, brown hair that fell to his shoulders. Deep brown eyes and he stood tall - well, taller than Alan. He had a hand placed on his back as a means of support.

"Phil, what are you doing out of bed? You know Tino will kill you if he sees you moving around." Phil rolls his gorgeous brown eyes.

"I'm hungry and he isn't here to get me food, so of course I'm going to get out of bed. The baby won't stop moving and since he's Tino's child as well, I'll do whatever I can to piss him off. He did this to me."

"Sit down, Phil. I'll get you something to eat. What would you like?"

"Any pasta we have around. Thank you." Austin nods and picks Alan off his lap and stands up. He walks into the kitchen and begins cooking.

Alan looks at Phil and sees he's having trouble walking. He quickly gets up and rushes to his side. "Here, let me help you," he says, softly. He grabs hold of one of Phil's hands and wraps the other around his shoulders. He leads him to the bigger couch and helps him sit down.

"Thank you, Alan."

"You're welcome," Alan mumbles back, shyly.

He takes a seat beside Phil and watches him. Though he was pregnant, Phil still looked great. He was still bright, and happy, he was still small, just the bump in front of him.

Phil lays back and rubs a hand across his stomach. "How long have you been with Tino," Alan asks.

"Three years."

"How far along are you?"

"Nine months. The baby should come out any day now." Alan had to smile when Phil smiled at that sentence.

"And what are you," Alan asks curiously.

"Witch."

"Oooh. That sounds so cool. I always thought witches were amazing because of all their powers." Phil chuckles.

"Thank you, Alan."

Then Austin appears with a huge plate of pasta covered in chicken and cheese. Phil takes it gratefully and digs in. And Austin realized that that would be Alan one day. And he got so much more excited.

The pack enters the home, then. Alan sees Tino walk in and almost have a heart attack when he sees Phil.

"Phil! What are you doing? I told you to stay in bed."

Phil only rolls his eyes, "I got hungry and you weren't here." Tino sighs in exasperation.

"Don't give me attitude. This is your kid inside of me. If you're going to get mad at someone, get mad at your dick!" The whole pack oooh's while Alan laughed quietly. "Shots fired," someone shouted from the distance.

The pack begins cooking, making another buffet. Alan helped the other women and submissive men in the pack cook. He noticed Kellin wasn't around and frowned. Kellin was his only friend here.

They finish cooking and begin setting up the plates. As everyone began eating, Oli and Kellin walk through the door. "Kellin," Alan squealed. "Alan!"

They run up to each other. "Where were you," Alan asked, curiously.

"Oliver took me on a date."

"Oooh, how'd it go? Where did he take you?"

"It went wonderfully and he took me to a small restaurant near the border of town."

"Awwwwww. What else did you do? Or is that it?"

"No, we had this Twilight moment where he carried me on his back and we ran through the woods." Alan giggled at that. The pack ate hungrily as always and eventually, everyone was going to bed.

Austin carries Alan, against his wishes, to their room. Alan scurries away from him once he sets him down. "Where are my clothes?"

"The top three drawers." Alan begins to look through them, his tail moving around behind him. He finally finds what he's looking for and rushes into the bathroom. He begins changing when he hears Austin on the other side, knocking.

"Alan?"

"Yes?"

"How's your rib, princess?" And Alan remembers his dad had cracked it. It hadn't bothered since he left the infirmary. "Fine. Thank you for asking."

He finishes changing and walks out of the bathroom. He had on his favorite cat pijamas and Austin cooed over him. "You're so cute, Kitten." Alan blushes.

"Thank you." They both get into bed and Austin places an arm securely over Alan's waist. Alan's breathing evens out soon after, so Austin was left alone.

"I love you," he whispers, but Alan was already asleep.