Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

Thirteen

I decide to Doug. I need a distraction and Stephs kind of distraction isn't what I need. I tell Doug that we met the other day and I'd like to meet up with him. I sit down on my couch and hold my cup of hot chocolate in my hands and rest my head on the back of the couch. my phone buzzes spastically, the screen lighting up.

Doug: I was wondering if you'd text me (;

I smile. I don't really know why but I do. I tell him to meet me at Starbucks. II've ever done this-ask a guy to hang out with me. All of my boyfiends had always been set up by my mother.

She's strict. She has molded me to become a version of her. She wants me to have a career and marry a guy she picked out for me. I haven't known anything other then the life shes created for me. And I don't really mind.

***

I see Doug walking up from his car and my stomach flutters with butterflies. I push myself up to stand and greet him in a hug. He smells of cinnamonn and mint.

"Hey Murphy!" He takes the seat across from me.

"Do you need some thing to drink? I ask. He shakes his head.

"I'm good." I smile. Doug tells me about how he got a job at the gym-being a weight freak and all. I tell him about how I decided to come to New York and my job at Red Publishing. He grins the whole time and I find myself enjoying his presence.

The sun finally ducks behind the curve of the Earth and a gentle glow cascades down on the trees, casting shadows on the pavement.

"This has been so fun." Doug says. His voice is deep with sincerity. I nod.

"We should definitely do this again some time." Doug pulls me into a hug and I close my eyes softly, his arms warms and welcoming around my cold body.

"I'll text you later." I say. Doug nods, still holding my frame aginst his. He pulls away slightly and presses his lips against my cheek.

"Bye." I watch him walk to his car. My stomach is giddy with excitment. My phone buzzes in my back pocket. I reach for it, cheking my texts.

Doug: See again Murphy(:
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY ITS SO LATE AND SO SHORT
school is so crazy rn.
Chpt 14 will be up tonight or tomorrow

Comment!

xoxoxo all the love
Caydance and Catie